Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    One can only pray a tragic injustice such as this does not happen to them.

What a messed up world

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goretusker View Post
    The thing I'm confused about: How did they convict a man on an 11 year old's say so with no evidence whatsoever?
    because our justice system is no longer innocent until proven guilty, its more like guilty until proven innocent

Quote Originally Posted by stuck4cash View Post
    It's ok to go after the male but not the female.

I see where you're coming from but his life is completely ruined, some could probably argue well beyond the trauma that a rape victim goes through.

Unfortunately there's no real answer to this but it's very sad for the father (and to all the other men and women that go through a similar things).
    Which introduces an interesting question..whats worst, getting raped or getting thrown in prison for 9 years for a crime you didn't commit.

On topic...this is some serious perversion of justice indeed, how that girl is somehow immune from charge or the wrongly accused denied some sort of compensation is beyond me. Truly a pinnacle of injustice.

her punishment should be much worse then what the man recieved, but look at the time before she came out, 9 years, it's kind of pointless to punish her after that, could fine her but that's way too long to do anything against her

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post

It's a fair to make the statement that he is lucky to have survived 9 years in prison as a child rapist.
    I tell you right now. That chick would be dead. I cannot even begin to imagine what that dude went through labeled a child molester in prison. They rape people with broom sticks over that shit.

Deleted
    Her punishment should be rape. Wouldn't that be ironic, haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    Personally, I think rapists and people who lie about having been raped should have the exact same punishment.
    THIS 100%
    Actually if someone raped my daughter, I won't go to police station, I'll go fuck him until his death with a stick full of nails
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    THIS 100%
    Actually if someone raped my daughter, I won't go to police station, I'll go fuck him until his death with a stick full of nails

And the difference between you and the rapist would be....?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    THIS 100%
    And if afterwards you find out that your daughter lied - would you punish her in the same way?

The woman should be thrown in jail for twice as long. The idea that punishing her will discourage REAL rape victims from coming forward is absolutely asinine.

Also, if this guy was really convicted on he/she said "evidence" then the Judge, prosecutor and anyone else involved should be held accountable and have to pay him restitution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Headswillroll View Post
    And if afterwards you find out that your daughter lied - would you punish her in the same way?
    Most likely not.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Nathane View Post
    Falsely accusing someone should hold the penalty as the crime committed.

Woman have so much "protection" now-a-days that it is almost reverse sexism. In which a woman yells "Rape" and a man loses 9 years of his life.
    A woman didn't yell "rape". An 11 year old child did. The 19 year old woman she became fessed up to the lie she told...when she was a child. The anger towards a child is misplaced. The real anger should go to the justice system for failing an innocent man. And failing to recognize a troubled child who needed help when they were face to face with one.

I love how some men get their boxers all in a twist over the extremely rare, but still tragic, incidences of other men wrongfully going to jail for a rape they didn't commit. Where is there outrage when a man commits a rape against a woman every 15 minutes? Where is their outrage over the fact that only 54% of rapes are ever even reported to the police in the first place? Why?? Oh maybe it might have a little something to do with the fact that only 9% of all men accused of rape are even prosecuted in the first place. Only 5% are ever even given a felony conviction and a fewer 3% ever do any time at all. 3%!!!

It's a myth that there's some epidemic of men being put in prison over false rape accusations. It's tragic when it does occur, of course, but nowhere near the amount of men who rape and get away with it. Where's the outrage over that?

http://www.rainn.org/get-information...eporting-rates

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderPussy View Post
    I'm so sad that this is my home town.

On topic. Falsely accusing someone of rape is right up there with committing rape in my book. It's a disgusting act and should be punished.
    accusing someone of rape, in today's society, is way above actually raping someone. Even before all the court stuff, you can ruin someones lively-hood, their reputation, and pretty much destroy who they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aalyy View Post
    A woman didn't yell "rape". An 11 year old child did. The 19 year old woman she became fessed up to the lie she told...when she was a child. The anger towards a child is misplaced. The real anger should go to the justice system for failing an innocent man. And failing to recognize a troubled child who needed help when they were face to face with one.

I love how some men get their boxers all in a twist over the extremely rare, but still tragic, incidences of other men wrongfully going to jail for a rape they didn't commit. Where is there outrage when a man commits a rape against a woman every 15 minutes? Where is their outrage over the fact that only 54% of rapes are ever even reported to the police in the first place? Why?? Oh maybe it might have a little something to do with the fact that only 9% of all men accused of rape are even prosecuted in the first place. Only 5% are ever even given a felony conviction and a fewer 3% ever do any time at all. 3%!!!

It's a myth that there's some epidemic of men being put in prison over false rape accusations. It's tragic when it does occur, of course, but nowhere near the amount of men who rape and get away with it. Where's the outrage over that?

Tell how how you know 54% get reported if they are never reported

Ok. And what's your point?

Are we not being sensitive enough to rape victims when no one involved in the cases we're talking about is an actual rape victim?

Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    Its a tough spot, I would not know what to do in this case.

Who is to say the rape actually happened, but the girl feels bad for her dad? Shit happens, seems like the court did the most reasonable thing.
    Let the guy go and did nothing to the actual criminal?

I would support trying to keep both Parties in a court case anonymous and over the internet with a party A and a party B. Simple software puts voices at same level and insures that a good actor will have no more luck than a bad one. Court cases in my opinion should remain fact and information based, not opinion and emotional based. This removes the need for witnesses to fear prosecution and would possibly be a more economic effective method.

It insures that there is no immediate prejudice based on Appearance, Sex or age

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Ok. And what's your point?

Are we not being sensitive enough to rape victims when no one involved in the cases we're talking about is an actual rape victim?
    The point is that your outrage is so selective so as to make a thread about an extremely rare occurrence in which everyone bemoans the fate of all the men wrongfully accused of rape while glossing over the fact that the real problem is that men rape women all day everyday and a only a tiny fraction of them ever face justice. Being raped and being wrongfully accused of rape are both tragedies. There is a huge difference in the scale of the two problems though but your anger towards women, for whatever reason, makes you unable to grasp that so you focus your attention on the much smaller of the two problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    Its a tough spot, I would not know what to do in this case.

Who is to say the rape actually happened, but the girl feels bad for her dad? Shit happens, seems like the court did the most reasonable thing.
    The court did the wrong thing by conviting him of a crime he didn't commit. He didn't do it so how did they manage to find him guilty in the first place? The wrong thing happened 9 years ago and what they've done now hasn't made up for the fact his life is likely ruined now. The girl not being punished is just another mistake that is down to the law rather than the courts that enforce it, so it's a double clusterfuck in terms of justice.
    The point is that your outrage is so selective so as to make a thread about an extremely rare occurrence in which everyone bemoans the fate of all the men wrongfully accused of rape while glossing over the fact that the real problem is that men rape women all day everyday and a only a tiny fraction of them ever face justice. Being raped and being wrongfully accused of rape are both tragedies. There is a huge difference in the scale of the two problems though but your anger towards women, for whatever reason, makes you unable to grasp that so you focus your attention on the much smaller of the two problems.
    Can you back that statement up somehow? Actually curious to see where you've got that information from.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goretusker View Post
    The thing I'm confused about: How did they convict a man on an 11 year old's say so with no evidence whatsoever?
    Happens every day. I wonder the same thing myself.

Icon made by leia06 from livejournal.com.