Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Best love story in gaming?

My vote is for Twilight: The Videogame.
    /internet

But seriously, what in your opinion is the best/most romantic/most "believable"/one that made you cry the most love story in video games?

While I buy into the Cloud/Aeris/Tifa thing heavily, I think Squall/Rinoa was a better love story (of all the FFs.)
    I've played many games but I can't really think of many others on a grand scale, however even though it's not displayed at all in the game, Otacon/Sniper Wolf always got me in MGS1. That codec call where you've just killed her and he's crying but knowing you had to do it just tears me up.

What about you?

I don't know very many. Tidus and Yuna always comes to mind.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AstroleonShadowflower View Post
    My vote is for Twilight: The Videogame.
    /internet

But seriously, what in your opinion is the best/most romantic/most "believable"/one that made you cry the most love story in video games?

While I buy into the Cloud/Aeris/Tifa thing heavily, I think Squall/Rinoa was a better love story (of all the FFs.)
    I've played many games but I can't really think of many others on a grand scale, however even though it's not displayed at all in the game, Otacon/Sniper Wolf always got me in MGS1. That codec call where you've just killed her and he's crying but knowing you had to do it just tears me up.

What about you?
    Well I liked the ff7 love story till I realized...cloud was trying to hook up with his best freinds girl(eventhough he was dead..and never fucking told her..ever))
    Outside the final fantasy series I can't really think of any game that has any good ones...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    My sentiments exactly. Many videos games with an actual story have some sort of love story, but hardly any stand out.

Tidus and Yuna are good, though.

Summoner Yuna over Gunner Yuna any day.

15+ Year Old Account
    Clearly Mario, or Zelda, or something of the sort. Dem princesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Clearly Mario, or Zelda, or something of the sort. Dem princesses.
    Zelda/Link had some pretty good chemistry in SS, and OOT. Oddly enough, Midna/Link was pretty convincing too in TP.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I do like the connection between Master Chief and Cortana from Halo, personally i liked Nero and Kyrie from DMC4 ( probably will be alone on that since everyone hating that game for some reason )
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Zelda/Link had some pretty good chemistry in SS, and OOT. Oddly enough, Midna/Link was pretty convincing too in TP.
    I am a real sucker for SS Link and Zelda. But I really love Zidane and Garnet from ff9 too.

Dom and Maria from Gears of War. Never stopped searching for her after a decade, and when he did, never stopped thinking of her. The books made it 10x sadder.

Naked Snake and The Boss, from Metal Gear Solid 3. Mostly parental love.

Harry and Cheryl Mason from Silent Hill Shattered Memories. Again, parental love, with some Electra Complex mixed in.

*I love to ship in video games, but these stand out as love stories that are written well into the main story, or IS the main story. IMO at least.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Yeah I have to agree with that one. The ending of that always tears me up. Even in X-2, which I didn't hate but didn't really love either, A Thousand Words always gets me too.

Horde + [Basic Campfire], Blizzard's already making a game about [Basic Campfire]
    but seriously, for as far as my childhood goes, mario and peach, little dude kept trying to save her, i always see it how we can never stop fighting for the people we love, the day we do, we stop loving

Deleted
    To the Moon

Johnny and River <3

Thrall and Aggra.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

SS Zelda and Link
    MM Kafei and Anju
    Super Paper Mario Bleck and Timpani
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    There wasn't much in OOT. Link and Saria or Ruto or Malon were much better than Zelda.

10+ Year Old Account
    The best love story in gaming is, in my opinion, the story of Locke Cole in FF6. It has two romances, but the first girl dies, while the second is the one 'healing' his heart. Then again, I'm a sucker for the simple beauty of FF6's music and graphics, so my fanboyism MIGHT make me less than trustworthy on this.

Also, I finally got around to starting FFX for the first time yesterday, so I may end up liking the Tidus/Yuna one, too.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Ms. And Mr. Pac-Man? Besides FF there are not much games that try to have romance( if they do it is too over the top, so most try to have it cut back as they can to keep the gaming audience) The only two other game I can think of right now is Dragon Age:Origins, and The Harvest Moon series. Harvest Moon serious was very realistic, I remember taking out my gal to dates and festivals etc, had to propose to her and everything.

Now the worst?Must be Dragonborn and his housewife...
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    For some reason the first thing which came to mind were hentai dating sims ....... *cough*

Anyway, my vote goes to Luke fon Fabre and Tear Grants from Tales of the Abyss.
    So much denial in these young ones

The scene with the hooker in Leisure Suit Larry.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."