Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    May seem corny and whatnot, but I liked the back and forth of Travis and Silvia in both No More Heroes games and the end of the second game, while cliche and corny, it hit me right in the feels.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maria and Draco from Final Fantasy VI.

Deleted
    Mary, Maria and James history in Silent Hill 2. Pure win.

Legend of Dragoon, between Rose and Zieg. A close second (for me) is the story between Squall and Rinoa. Both characters do quite a bit of growing throughout the story, and I really enjoyed that aspect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    Normally I detest any kind of spoiler, but that's just fantastic. Gonna find a way to play that game^^
    Apologies. It's a really good game though. Classic RPG formula oozing charm and style.

Shepard and Liara in Mass Effect series.

Tidus and Yuna from FFX is the most convincing to me, with Zidane and Garnet just a bit behind. We got to see both of those couples' bonds form over the course of their stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Silent Hill 2. The entire thing from start to finish. The most screwed up love story ever.
    One of my favorite stories from gaming, period. The whole thing is so human, despite the supernatural settings.

Deleted
    Caim & Angelus in drakengard

Deleted
    Space marine and his bolter.

Cloud and Tifa in FFVII, and uh, the one in KotoR although I can't remember the names because I haven't played it in a few years. This thread has made me want to finally play Silent Hill 2, which is something I've been meaning to get around to for awhile now.

Deleted
    GTA 3, obviously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moralio View Post
    Hehe, I second that. Season of the Sakura comes to mind *cough*
    One of, if not the first I've ever played <3
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Katawa Shoujo
    Love how that game turned out. Not your average dating sim, but that made it all the more interesting

/disable otaku-mode

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Every scene with Shiek (the sexual tension was off the charts), Temple of Time, and last scene before credits.
    Fujoshi fanfiction, she was telling him what and why everything happened, she apologized for taking away his life with his tremendous duty and wanted to return the favor of saving the world. The part at the very end where they meet in the castle as kids is the same scene as after you beat the Deku Tree.
    Link and Ruto are OoT's OTP.

Link and Zelda was only convincing in a few games, like, SS, ST, and WW/PH.
    Last edited by Skelington; 2012-11-23 at 06:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF8 deserves special praise purely because of the vast number of love stories, or just emotional attachments throughout.

Squall and Rinoa, Laguna and Raine, Irvine and Selphie and Edea and Cid and Seifer as the Sorceress' Knight all are the romantic love stories.

But then you've got Zell's love of his mother and the town in which he was raised, the brotherly love between Laguna, Kiros and Ward, Laguna's fatherly love for Ellone, and Squall's love for her as a big Sister, Quisitis unrequited love of Squall, the orphanage group's loving bond, and then there's the chick who hits on Zell (not to mention his love of Hot Dogs) Overall, love is the entire theme of FF8.

But it's not the best relationship, that still hands down for me is the bond between The Boss and Naked Snake. As good as Otacon and Sniper Wolf are, the Boss's story is the most tragic and awesome. That scene in MGS4 made me shed a manly manly tear.

Suppose Jim Raynor and Kerrigan are going to get mentioned in the next few years as SC2 rolls out the rest of the story. Also special marks (purely for effort on behalf of Bioware when seeing their dialogue, because I never chose her as my first pick) goes to Liara and Shepard.
    Last edited by Northern Goblin; 2012-11-23 at 06:37 PM.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Deleted
    Rinoa and Squall!

15+ Year Old Account
    Bowser and Peach
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzbert View Post
    Question: How can Link and Zelda have great chemistry in any game when Link's mute and all the other characters speak in gibberish? I'm not being funny, I'm 100% serious and interested how you can perceive chemistry with those limitations, because I have finished all of the Zelda titles listed in this thread and saw nothing of the sort.
    What is body language?

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Fujoshi fanfiction, she was telling him what and why everything happened, she apologized for taking away his life with his tremendous duty and wanted to return the favor of saving the world. The part at the very end where they meet in the castle as kids is the same scene as after you beat the Deku Tree.
    Link and Ruto are OoT's OTP.

Link and Zelda was only convincing in a few games, like, SS, ST, and WW/PH.
    Oh come on, those long stares and pauses, Link would of taken Shiek's ass, regardless if it was a boy or girl. Also, I wasn't referring to the scene in the castle.
    Last edited by Digglett; 2012-11-23 at 07:15 PM.

Deleted
    Any GTA protagonist with a prostitute.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jim Raynor and Sarah Kerrigan
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Oh come on, those long stares and pauses, Link would of taken Shiek's ass, regardless if it was a boy or girl. Also, I wasn't referring to the scene in the castle.
    Fujoshi. Link probably didn't even know what sex and love were after skipping puberty while keeping the mind of a child. Even if he did, he already had a waifu. Are you calling Link unfaithful?
    Neither was he. All Zelda did there was apologize for forcing Link into saving Hyrule and made up for it by turning him back into a child. The only indication of love there is when she puts her hand on his, which could be interpreted in many different ways, especially since she's royalty. It's like saying someone being nice to you means they want to do lewd things with you.