Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Shepard-Liara hands down ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Prince of persia:

The Prince meets Elika while he was wandering in the desert. She is being pursued by armed men and The Prince, of course, helps her out. She explains to him that her father destroyed the Tree of Life which released the dark god Ahriman, who is pretty much corrupting the world. Elika has the power to heal the tree and capture Ahriman once again so the Prince agrees to help her. But as a final step, Elika must sacrifice herself to fully heal the tree and imprison Ahriman. Distraught, the Prince takes matters into his own hands to resurrect her.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Fujoshi. Link probably didn't even know what sex and love were after skipping puberty while keeping the mind of a child. Even if he did, he already had a waifu. Are you calling Link unfaithful?
    He never wanted to marry Ruto.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    He never wanted to marry Ruto.
    He was being tsundere. The wedding was going to happen whether he liked it or not.

Alex and Luna, from "Lunar: Silver Star Story" (and many other names)

I felt that was just a very romantic love story in a game, with action, adventures, and romance. Plus Drama, and some of the best voice acting in any game. Especially Ghaelon and his love for Althena.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only good love stories i can think of are Final fantasys. Personally Squall/Rinoa is probably my favourite while the ending of FF10 always makes a lump in my throat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Liete + Justin from grandia and Chrono + Marle from chrono trigger

He was being tsundere. The wedding was going to happen whether he liked it or not.
    No, he didn't like her and didn't want to marry her because one, she's a bitch, and two, he's not a furry, unlike you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Liete + Justin from grandia and Chrono + Marle from chrono trigger

When, at any point, did Liete and Justin ever have any love for each other? She was a god and he was a scabby kid adventurer. Do you mean Justin and Feena? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AstroleonShadowflower View Post
    When, at any point, did Liete and Justin ever have any love for each other? She was a god and he was a scabby kid adventurer. Do you mean Justin and Feena? :P
    You're right, justin and feena, damn it's been so long since i last played grandia, like 5 years :C!

There are several good ones, which is surprising because video game script writers are notorious for horrendous romance.

Locke and Celes from FFVI is pretty classic. One's recovering from his survivor's guilt and another is being forced to rediscover her emotions after Magitek training.

Zidane and Garnet from FFIX is perhaps the most emotional and expressive of character growth throughout the series. Both retain their core personalities but each grow up over the course of the journey into trying to be what the other needs. The ending was beautiful.

Shulk and Fiora (Xenoblade Chronicles) is fairly gripping too. From the beginning Fiora displays how she feels about Shulk overtly and throughout the journey after the "prologue" Shulk undergoes the process to try to become a man worth of her. The further triangle addition of Melia makes it even more emotional when she finally finds someone she can connect with, and ultimately realizes doesn't have a chance with.

Yes, Silent Hill 2 is human emotion, pure and simple, throughout. Evil, cruel, heartbreaking, and saddening all at once.

~~~

I'm actually not too wild about Tidus and Yuna if only because the only *real* character growth seems to come from Tidus. Yuna begins and ends ditzy and naiive, Tidus ends up embracing his end with bitter realism. The ending's tragic but it's weakened by being seen from miles away after their journey to Zanarkand.

FFVII only really had two romance angles and one of them was one-sided: Tifa. They make the allusion that Cloud joined the army to win her affection, but in reality all that's stated is that he joined to get her to notice him which doesn't exactly require romance. Tifa, on the other hand, spends the entire game trying to reconnect with him and her caring and love is shown explicitly when he's comatose. The other romance (Zack and Aeris) is only hinted at and explored more in Crisis Core.

I didn't like the Rinoa and Squall angle at all. Frankly, Squall shows throughout the entire game he's a cold asshole and only in three instances (his outburst after Seifer's "death", the outerspace debacle, and the ending credits) does he show any emotion other than anger. Rinoa reminds me more of a groupie without a clue and a masochistic streak. It doesn't read like a romance; it reads like a failed (and abusive) relationship in the making.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I don't know very many. Tidus and Yuna always comes to mind.
    i have beaten ffx so many times and i still get sad at the end. Though i love how much they care for each other, while everyone else in the group is telling them not to persue it. I also like the little thing going on between riku and wakka c:
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

They're not that big, but the love between characters you can marry in Fire Emblem games is pretty cute sometimes. Like Rebecca and Sain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    No, he didn't like her and didn't want to marry her because one, she's a bitch, and two, he's not a furry, unlike you.
    If he didn't like her he wouldn't have saved her twice and constantly seduced her. Either way, the was no romance between Zelda and Link in OoT.
    And hey, Skelington may be fetishistic but that's crossing the line. Get your facts straight, bub.
    Last edited by Skelington; 2012-11-23 at 10:06 PM.

Selan and Maxim, Lufia 2. The ending ;_;.
    ~ stuff, the best thing ~

10+ Year Old Account
    They're not that big, but the love between characters you can marry in Fire Emblem games is pretty cute sometimes. Like Rebecca and Sain.
    Christ, I completely forgot about Fire Emblem. Joshua and Natasha are adorable as hell, considering he is deciding on killing her when they first meet.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Max Payne and Mona Sax! Their love story was so central to the second game's story that "A Film Noir Love Story" appeared on the front of the box! Shame they glossed over that in the 3rd game except for a brief silly reference.

10+ Year Old Account
    frogger , followed closely by pong and tetris

10+ Year Old Account
    Grandia 2 had a cool little love triangle. The hook being the two women shared a body.

The end never did specify which one ended up with him. Probably both, now that Elena wasn't as uptight.

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 06:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrosislol View Post
    i have beaten ffx so many times and i still get sad at the end. Though i love how much they care for each other, while everyone else in the group is telling them not to persue it. I also like the little thing going on between riku and wakka c:
    Whoa whoa, what? If anything, Rikku and Wakka hated each other. For the same reason most of the group hated Rikku. Rikku was A. Al-Bhed, and B. totally against Yu Yevon. Not to mention Wakka was the most close-minded one of them all. Turns out she was right, and everybody else was racist. Oh and Yuna being part Al-Bhed too, probably made them die from suffocation when they couldn't remove either foot from their mouth. So no, I don't see a romance there. Plus, you get kind of ruined when you play X-2 and learn that Wakka and Lulu are together anyway.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-11-23 at 11:43 PM.