Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

Northern Cloth Scavenging in MoP

So at 375 tailoring skill level you get this new passive that increases drop rate of northrend cloth by 50%. From what I understand, it updates to include cataclysm at level 400.

Does it also work in MoP? If so, any idea what level it activates at?

15+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't work in MoP from what I've seen, but cloth drops frequently in MoP zones compared to Northrend.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

It definately works on MoP mobs (either that, or a LOT of the people I do random dungeons with are leaving cloth on bodies when they loot them, which i doubt).

Extra cloth drops are permanently active one you have the northrend cloth buff.

Only downside i have noticed is that, in groups, ANY other tailor can also see your extra cloth drops, which allows them to snag them from mobs if you are not fast enough.

(Ie, in a dungeon, you aoe down a 5pack of mobs. When the Non Tailors loot their mobs, there is a chance that an extra bit of cloth will be left on them, which you can then grab. ALL tailors can see this extra cloth tho, so it is first come, first served.)

It does work in mop, you can easily tell in instance group when you can loot mobs for cloth after other people have looted them.

And surfd is right, if another tailor is with you in he group it's first come, first serve.

I am sure it does. My tailor hauled in a lot more cloth getting to 90 then my non-tailor characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Torais View Post
    I am sure it does. My tailor hauled in a lot more cloth getting to 90 then my non-tailor characters.
    Cloth drops was also nerfed after a short time. but yes it do work in MoP also.