Deleted

Ranged Mistweaver 5.1 Questions

Hello I just wanted to ask if ranged healing is actually viable after the patch.
    It's the only thing keeping me from playing a healing monk.

Ranged healing was viable before the patch. You just have to manage your uplift rotations by generating chi through means other than jab. I played Holy Paladin for many years, and decided to switch mains to a Mistweaver after testing it for about 4 months on the Beta, and it was very very difficult for me to be comfortable healing in melee range at all times. So, I don't. I generate chi through other means (Soothing Mist channel/Surging Mist if I'm getting unlucky/Crackling Lightning) and maintain a solid Uplift/Renewing Mist rotation just the same as anyone else. I have several top 25 parses (had the number 1 healing log in the world for Amber Shaper 10 man for a while), and although we aren't super progressed, we are 16/16 reg, 3/16HM on a short casual raiding schedule. This patch will definitely make it much easier for this type of healing style though. With the increased chance to proc chi through Soothing Mist, you should be fine to heal either in ranged, or fistweaving, depending on what you feel comfortable doing, and do well with either.

If you look up Justinsanity- Shandris US realm on wow-heroes.com, you can see all my WoL parse log records. Click any of them to look at that fight individually to see what kind of spells I'm using. It's typical to any other top Mistweaver you see. The only difference is that I don't stand in melee range usually.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justinsane View Post

Thanks for your quick answer. It's really assuring to hear that.