Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Item Upgrade Preview, ToES Progression, Blue Tweets, Curse Client Upgrade, MMO Report

Demon Hunter Budget Guide, Quadboxing Diablo 3, Diablo 3 Nominated for Best PC Game and Best RPG on Spike 2012 Awards

Item Upgrade Preview
    Today we take a look at the Item Upgrade function in game. Don't forget to cap your Valor Points so that you can upgrade some items as soon as the patch is released!

Upgrade Interface / New Tooltips

Upgrade Examples

Upgrade Costs

Currency Cost Item Level Upgrade Max Number of Upgrades
    Valor Points750 × 4 Item Levels2
    Conquest Points750 × 4 Item Levels2
    Justice Points1500 × 8 Item Levels1
    Honor Points1500 × 8 Item Levels1

Heroic Terrace of Endless Spring Progression Update
    Sha of Fear is still holding out, with no guild being able to defeat him yet. Four more guilds have now defeated heroic Lei Shi, bringing us to a total of ten working on Sha of Fear. Nine of them are doing it on 25 man and DREAM Paragon is doing it on 10 man.

Blood Legion has released a video of the first encounter, Protectors of the Endless.

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Classes
    What does it mean in patch notes for 5.1 when it says stuff like "be more responsive", like poisons or revealing strike?
    There should be less of a delay between when you expect to happen and when it happens. Usually the proc just feels "slow." (Source)

Will you be nerfing Pure self heals as well? Some pures can heal for the same amount as Hybrids at the moment.
    Well, pures should out-heal hybrids. We will increased the PvP healing debuff if necessary once burst is toned down.
    Isn't hybrid healing the whole point of being a hybrid? to heal little more than the pures?
    Sorry, thought you meant pure healers (e.g. Resto). It should go healer > off-healer > not a healer. The first part was off. (Source)

Intervening Touch of Death, unintended to hit for 100% of your Health Bar, should only hit for the 10% in PVP. Correct? Fix ?
    It's one of those Irresistible Force - Immovable Object deals. Not sure it's broken.

So any updates on the wand bug? it's the greatest hindrance to dps, and with the only Caster Weapon we can use as a wand it sucks
    Yes, working on a fix for Demo + wands. (Source)

Paladin (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Just wondering, what was the reasoning behind making Avenger's Shield only Silence the primary target?
    Multi Silence is very good and you don't often need to pull many casters (and still can with LoS). (Source)

Grand Empress Shek'zeer has a 2 second swing timer. As a prot pally, I found myself micromanaging SotR as a result.
    A fair complaint, but she also doesn't hit that hard (with her melee attacks). (Source)

Priest (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Will Spriests ever get an Aoe buff? Their Aoe is really bad atm compared to Elemental and Balance. Multidotting is boring.
    If you don't like multidotting you might be playing the wrong class... (Source)

Ok im really curious when you will fix disc priests in pvp we are completely broken mana, healing, and so on.
    Talking about it. I think we've finally been convinced that Disc is a little low (in PvP and PvE).
    In what way do you think disc is low GC?
    We're looking at Rapture mana and Divine Aegis as Disc-oriented ways to give them across the board buffs. (Source - Nov 3)

Warlock (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    I saw that Chaos Bolt damage is getting nerfed with GoSac in 5.1. Is it the only nerf to Chaos Bolt ?
    At the moment. Need to see how 5.1 shakes out. (Source)

Warrior (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Why you nerf my 1.4M executes? Sadly, without those executes, i feel we'll no longer be competitive dps wise with other tanks
    It's pretty hard to justify a million point Execute for a tank... (Source)

Character
    Now you give a much bigger advantage that requires a much bigger grind (i am talking about the dailies grind). I dont get it
    There was no alternative to the head enchant. There are plenty of alternatives to valor gear. (Source)

PvE
    Why does trash respawn in 2hrs, from both a gameplay and making sense perspective? We killed it and didn't reset!
    Traditionally: added pressure to not wipe / gave groups a chance to call the raid. In 2012, we're not sure it serves a purpose. (Source)

Any spell with a base cooldown of >5 minutes is reset after a boss, right? Do Void Shift and Hymn of Hope qualify?
    Yes, and the data says they both work correctly. Are they not? (Source)

Why is bonus VP still only 1/day for random heroic dungeons?! When will it go back to 7/week as it was prior to patch 5?
    It's bonus for the first but valor for *every* run after. With the 7 that's all you got and there was no catch up.
    7 was enough to cap before however. We still have the cap. I don't understand what you mean there was no catch up
    Say you went on vacation for a week. You could never make that lost valor up. Now you can run 15 dungeons to make up for it.
    So, 7/week felt like a job? What feels like a job is being pressured to log on every day to progress. Bye flexibility.
    If you want to earn all your valor on one day, you still can, it's just not the most efficient way. We can try and make the rules flexible enough to let you play how you want. That doesn't mean the way you want will be the most efficient. (Source)

PvP
    PVP blog post was great but It left 1 question for me. There was no DoTA style BG in future features. Is it canceled?
    No, hasn't been cancelled. We always have a lot of pots on the stove. (Source)

Whats the reason that you dont ban all pve gear from arena and rated bg?
    We want PvE gear to be acceptable until you get a lot of Conquest gear. Conversely, Honor gear should be fine to get you into LFR. (Source)

Future
    Do think (in the foreseeable future) you'll ever rebuild WoW on a newer engine?
    We improve the engine every expansion. I'm not sure what we'd benefit by just starting over. (Source)

Questing
    I think there's a bug with the valor buff (50% boost after capping) where after you log in after cap resets, you keep the buff
    Yeah, it fades on leaving the world instead of entering. We'll get it fixed. (Source)

World
    Any chance we'll see a few severely low population server AHs combined? Economy is ruined on many servers.
    Definitely want to fix the low pop economy problem. Not 100% sure yet that cross realm AH is the right solution. (Source)

Misc
    You guys just did it with the Lesser Charms, so... Could we have Halaa Research/Battle Tokens stored as Currencies?
    Our concern was that there is no way to ever get rid of them as currency. With items, you can sell or delete them. (Source)

Why isnt possible just to change character skin by updating them like the yaungol to tauren?look the same.. just new skin..
    The armors and animations aren't designed to work with those models. It's possible to do of course, but not simply. (Source)

What is your favorite weapon model out of everything in the game?
    I still love the original Quel'serrar. Maybe Ashkandi too. One of our item designers would say Lionheart Executioner. (Source)

You really think Rogues are fine? Right now I think you have a brain tumor. Let's hope both of our opinions change soon.
    Your opinion would kill me. Mine would mean your video game character is slightly underpowered. Hmmm. (Source)

Black Friday Sale List
    We put together a thread with some of the better Black Friday Computer Component sales which will be updated until the end of Cyber Monday sales. If you are looking to grab some parts or build an entire computer, take a look! (Latest Setup of the Month)

Curse Client Minecraft Upgrades
    If you play Minecraft, you may be interested in the new features added to the Curse Client to help you back up, restore, and manage your save games, as well as the ability to store worlds and access them from anywhere.

• Saved Worlds: Each world on your computer can be locally backed up for safe keeping! In addition to showing when a world was last backed up, the "More Info" tab will show you your health, level, and the number of items in your inventory, as well as give you the ability to share your world's seed with a simple click to copy option. Any saves listed on this screen can be restored.
    • Quicksave: At regular intervals or at your choosing, the Client will create a quicksave of any given world. If you manage to fall into some lava, have a creeper destroy all your hard work, or just want to go on an NPC rampage without there being consequences, the Quick Saves will have you covered. Just click to restore the world back to its previous state!
    • Saved World Sync: Any Curse Premium member will additionally have the ability to sync any world to the cloud, allowing you to download your world to any PC without the hassle!

Any user who uploads their creations to Curse via either Bukkit (for Minecraft) or CurseForge (for any other game) and receives 1,000 or more downloads will be granted a FREE Curse Premium subscription in appreciation for your contribution to our community.

If you want to test out World Syncing, Curse is going to be opening up the premium Minecraft features of the Curse Client to everyone from Friday to Sunday.

MMO-Report Finale
    The MMO Report is back for their final show.

Last edited by chaud; 2012-11-25 at 12:59 AM.

does the item upgrade works with dark moon cards? anyone tested this on ptr?

They fired the MMO Report crew, or just retiring Casey?

SWTOR is over rated.... no better final words

nvm, read their site, mmo report is no more
    Last edited by ZeroWashu; 2012-11-23 at 11:27 AM.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Deleted
    lol SWTOR overrated xD

"aaahhhhhhhhSWTORISOVERRATEDaaahhhhhhhhhh"

Ahaha, that swotor comment at the end. Sad to see the MMO Report go, but that was a nice last episode.

Not gonna lie I did cry a little bye bye MMO report.

It's not just the MMO report either, G4TV are getting rid of X-Play and Attack of the Show as well. Imo with those shows gone there's really no reason to watch the channel anymore, X-Play in particular has always been an awesome gaming show and seemed to be the heart of the entire network. So sad...

Deleted
    Whats the point of old tweets? Everytime it feels like already seen one, not sure how many times i've seen that one part about disc where they will buff them..

Deleted
    mmo report was overrated ^^

I'll be completely honest, I never watched MMO-Report before today. Perhaps it's bittersweet that this will probably be the only episode I ever watch, but I like that they had the balls to be completely upfront about what's going on. I want to say (but I'm not entirely sure), that Casey turning into a black man at the end of the show is a subtle sleight against the powers-that-be who are assuredly looking at PowerPoint presentations and "market research" to make decisions which almost always adversely affect niche programming like G4TV.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2012-11-23 at 12:10 PM.

Deleted
    Nooo, Casey! =((

Well since G4 cancelled Attack of the Show and XPlay at the end of the year I'm assuming that G4 is getting rid of all of their gaming/tech/pseudo-tech related content.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked mmo-report :'( Going to miss it.

I haven't watched The MMO-Report in a long time. I used to follow it weekly, however, the fact that its usually 7-9min long should be explanation enough as to how necessary the show was. A short article could cover what happens in the MMO-world per week with far more depth than what this show typically spewed.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowflay View Post
    Whats the point of old tweets? Everytime it feels like already seen one, not sure how many times i've seen that one part about disc where they will buff them..
    Getting through the old ones so we can catch up again.

When is 5.1 supposed to be anyway? Sometimes it feels like soon and other times it doesn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's probably been stated somewhere already before, but I must have overlooked it: Will we be able to upgrade every piece of gear we own 2 times, or only a limited amount of items? (like, you can upgrade your weapon and 1 trinket if you like and nothing more, or can you upgrade all 16 slots and therefore you gotta grind 24000 Valor points to get completely upgraded BiS gear? 24k points sounds a bit lunatic, so I hope it has a cap)

Lol, why are rogues still whining? they're fine. Over-entitled scrubs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaschnack View Post
    It's probably been stated somewhere already before, but I must have overlooked it: Will we be able to upgrade every piece of gear we own 2 times, or only a limited amount of items? (like, you can upgrade your weapon and 1 trinket if you like and nothing more, or can you upgrade all 16 slots and therefore you gotta grind 24000 Valor points to get completely upgraded BiS gear? 24k points sounds a bit lunatic, so I hope it has a cap)
    If you check the new item tooltip you will notice that there is a new extra field displaying the remaining allowed upgrades for this item.
    Last edited by Keosen; 2012-11-23 at 01:10 PM.