Dec 21 2012 Mayan calendar day already far back?

With a new book, Pope Benedict XVI released few days ago, hes saying (scientists say exactly the same) Jesus was born 7 or 8 years befor what is nowdays knows as Jesus birth day. Doesn't that mean those 7-8 years of time was counted twice, so due to that fact, mayan 21.12.2012 already passed 7-8 years ago?

Deleted
    Stop it with the maya nonsense.
    It's not gonna happen.

15+ Year Old Account
    All doomsday predictions are 100% retarded. According to predictions, the World has already ended at least 50 times just in this decade.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is new? We've known for a few centuries that the Christian calendar was a few years off.

15+ Year Old Account
    But the Prothean Beacon!! It warned us! We have to prepare!

// But yeah the "Historical" Jesus was born a few years before that "magic year" 0.
    Druid since Feb. 06

So like, up until a few days ago, have you been worried?
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlessioX View Post
    scientists say exactly the same
    Name one....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Name one....
    It's generally accepted that the historical Jesus was born 5/4 BC.

Deleted
    Pope Benedict XVI
    Not exactly a trustworthy source. We've only been using our current calendar system since the 16th century anyway, not to mention nothing is going to happen on December 21st.

I wonder, are there people out there somewhere who fear the world will end every Dec 31st when their current calendar runs out of days and they have to buy a new one? That's effectively what this nonsense is based on!

10+ Year Old Account
    scientists say exactly the same
    Lul.

Scientists and Christians believing the same thing? That's more likely to end the world.

Scientists don't believe in Jesus in the first place, why would they say 'exactly the same thing'
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    Lul.

Scientists and Christians believing the same thing? That's more likely to end the world.

Scientists don't believe in Jesus in the first place, why would they say 'exactly the same thing'
    What are you talking about, Jesus wasn't a made up person. He really was alive, whether or not he was the son of God.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

just to clear it, i never did and never will believe in Maya prediction, i just wanna prove others who still believe in it that world will clearly not end on 21.12.2012.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    It's generally accepted that the historical Jesus was born 5/4 BC.
    Not really, there's no evidence at all except, well, you know...literary works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Closed.

We really don't need another thread to discuss the Mayan doomsday scenario, especially not one relating to Jesus's birthday. (Forbidden Topic if you didn't know)