Thread: Can I run MoP?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Can I run MoP?

I did a couple of those online scan things, and it said no because of my graphics card.

This is what I have:
    GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

I'm wondering if I will still be able to run the game, just not that greatly? Or will it flat out not run at all?

Basically, I bought it. I have the physical copy sitting in front of me, unopened. I got it at Target today because Blizzard said it would be $20, and it was actually $40 which is another story all together... but, if it will work I'm just going to keep it. If it won't work at all, I'll return it, obviously.

I'm HOPING to get a new computer next month for Xmas/my birthday, but I don't know if that's worth keeping it if I might be able to return it and get cheaper elsewhere.

Not an expert on computers but it should be able to run it. your cpu plays more of a role then graphics card in WoW
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrosislol View Post
    Not an expert on computers but it should be able to run it. your cpu plays more of a role then graphics card in WoW
    I just remember ages ago, when Sims 2 was new, it wouldn't play at ALL because of my graphics card. But on WoW, you can turn graphics down to however shitty you want them.

Quote Originally Posted by reyina View Post
    I did a couple of those online scan things, and it said no because of my graphics card.

This is what I have:
    GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

I'm wondering if I will still be able to run the game, just not that greatly? Or will it flat out not run at all?

Basically, I bought it. I have the physical copy sitting in front of me, unopened. I got it at Target today because Blizzard said it would be $20, and it was actually $40 which is another story all together... but, if it will work I'm just going to keep it. If it won't work at all, I'll return it, obviously.

I'm HOPING to get a new computer next month for Xmas/my birthday, but I don't know if that's worth keeping it if I might be able to return it and get cheaper elsewhere.
    Your joking right? graphics card is just for the graphics not running of the actual game?
    why not give it a shot anyway... and blizzard stating 20$ is on there website not at a secondary store selling for profit. blizzards RRP (recommended Retail Price) was 20$ target sold it for 40$.

but i would say yes your graphics card is more then capable of running it...

whats your ram, cpu, processors?

in the start menu in search for programs type in dxdiag and tell us your comp specs... but im pretty sure u can run wow on windows 98.... so im sure u will be fine.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

If you could run WoW before the upgrade, you can do it now.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    Your joking right? graphics card is just for the graphics not running of the actual game?
    why not give it a shot anyway... and blizzard stating 20$ is on there website not at a secondary store selling for profit. blizzards RRP (recommended Ratial Price) was 20$ target sold it for 40$.

but i would say yes your graphics card is more then capable of running it...

whats your ram, cpu, processors?

in the start menu in search for programs type in dxdiag and tell us your comp specs... but im pretty sure u can run wow on windows 98.... so im sure u will be fine.
    No, "my" not joking.

See above.

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 08:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    If you could run WoW before the upgrade, you can do it now.
    Meaning if I ran Cataclysm?

Deleted Post.
    Last edited by IRunSoFarAway; 2012-11-24 at 03:38 AM. Reason: Hostile and on-edge OP

Meaning if I ran Cataclysm?
    Correct. If you were playing before buying MoP you won't have any problems. The only thing the expansion does is unlock it's features, you already have all the data downloaded.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    Judging from the looks of you it looks like you've played WoW before on that, right? What's the problem?
    The fact that it's a new game, and with that tends to come the need for better shit?

But, yeah, I played WoW up until about this time last year on this computer. It did some annoying stuff like crashing when I'd alt tab on a flight plan or auto flying, raid lag but not enough to really affect my viability as a raider, etc.

just give it a shot and see if u can play wow?

wont really know until u try

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    Correct. If you were playing before buying MoP you won't have any problems. The only thing the expansion does is unlock it's features, you already have all the data downloaded.
    I see. It sure makes it seem differently, like there's going to be some bomb ass graphics my dinosaur computer won't be able to handle or something.

Good to know. Thanks.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    CPU is the biggest block to WoW.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted Post.
    Last edited by IRunSoFarAway; 2012-11-24 at 03:38 AM. Reason: Hostile and on-edge OP

Here are my things:

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+
    CPU speed 2.6 GHz
    2GB ram (lol?)
    and GeForce 6150SE nForce 430, which is what's making http://www.systemrequirementslab.com go "NO!" apparently.

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 08:27 PM ----------

New game? umm...it's an expansion, which mostly is just content, any graphical improvement are additions for better graphics cards, such as improvements on shadow/lightning and other useless garbage.
    Yes, I'm aware it's "umm" an expansion, thanks for that.

wow is still being run on the samge engine it had in Cataclysm, so if you could run cataclysm you should be fine, if all you did was get a better graphics card there will be no problems with you being able to play the game.

You could've just typed this into google and seen the personal experiences of others.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&....1.dLjF3osX4vc
    I did type it into Google. Sometimes it's cool to talk to actual people, but less so when they're being dicks. Can't wait to return to this community! So welcoming!

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 08:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    wow is still being run on the samge engine it had in Cataclysm, so if you could run cataclysm you should be fine, if all you did was get a better graphics card there will be no problems with you being able to play the game.
    I did not get a better graphics card, though.

I doubt it.

MoP has quite an upgrade over engine that ran Cata, I know people with similar setup and way better gfx card that hav 15 FPS or less.
    "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

You could just install the free to play "invite" to the game up to level 20 and see how smooth your PC handles it...

/thread
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    You could just install the free to play "invite" to the game up to level 20 and see how smooth your PC handles it...

/thread
    Yeah, I thought of that too, but isn't that just "WoW Classic?" I know there's a free 10 days of MoP for anyone that has Cataclysm already, but I was like, if I can run it, I'd rather pair that up with me actually buying more time for the game. Or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that it's a new game, and with that tends to come the need for better shit?

But, yeah, I played WoW up until about this time last year on this computer. It did some annoying stuff like crashing when I'd alt tab on a flight plan or auto flying, raid lag but not enough to really affect my viability as a raider, etc.
    Crashing or simply disconnecting? Because getting disconnected while tabbed out if you change zones is intentional. Getting MoP isn't going to suddenly upgrade all the graphics, those are already updated (such as water). The new textures you run into in pandaria itself may cause issues in certain areas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.