Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    After World War I the US drafted war plans with: Greenland
    Wait what?

Let's just assume for the moment that we had invaded those countries and we instilled pro-western governments (impossible I know). Would that not be one more step to peace on earth? Would that not eliminate one huge problem we have?

If these counties modernized and created proper healthy societies wouldn't this lead to less muslim immigrants flooding into Europe because then there will be a proper haven?

I dunno just something to think about. If we ever get that crap sorted out then we'd only have Africa's instability as the next largest hurdle for peace on earth.

I am not advocating more war mongering because god knows war is no longer economically viable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    Let's just assume for the moment that we had invaded those countries and we instilled pro-western governments (impossible I know). Would that not be one more step to peace on earth? Would that not eliminate one huge problem we have?

If these counties modernized and created proper healthy societies wouldn't this lead to less muslim immigrants flooding into Europe because then there will be a proper haven?

I dunno just something to think about. If we ever get that crap sorted out then we'd only have Africa's instability as the next largest hurdle for peace on earth.

I am not advocating more war mongering because god knows war is no longer economically viable.
    You don't think that people in the Middle East would be pretty pissed off if suddenly some other country with an entirely different culture and lifestyle came and occupied their respective countries "for their own good"? I'm not sure if it would create stability more than even more hatred for Americans, thus fueling terrorist organizations, which is why the US invaded those countries in the first place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    I guess Clark can be called a liar because the 7 countries nonsense never came to pass.
    Most of them came to pass one way or another. Plans change over the years.
    It's still close enough to be valid although we can't tell for sure because none of us were there of course.

10+ Year Old Account

That was sort of the premise of Colonialism. "Let's go into those countries and teach the savages how to behave like good Christians for their own good! They may not like it, but it will advance the regions, and in the end they'll be happier and we'll have the resources we wanted!" It didn't actually end up turning out well most of the time.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Hahahaha, hilarious. The main reason for heavy immigrations from arabic countries namely afghanistan & Iraq is because the wars started by the U.S. Look at how many Iraqy refugee's Sweden has taken in for instance.

Of course this will continue to happen. We have a christian fundamentalist section of this country that will do anything (including destroying the mosque in jerusalem) to make isreal the sole power in the middle east. with that accomplished isreal can rebuild its temple and then the "rapture" can occur. The rapture is some fantastical event where they all just disappear and ascend to heaven and watch us all live like animals through tribulations and god knows what else. They're severely delusional and are nothing but bible fanatics.

how does that relate to foreign policy? Well whenever support is needed for foreign wars, and talking heads on tv here come these idiots to stoke the flames.

And then there's the isreali control of american government and media. Talking against isreal is on the list of things that are can't do. All of this makes it really really easy for war hawks like rumsfeld, bush, cheney, wolfiwitz to make plans to destroy several countries. With syria a civil war is fine, with iran they might use a more direct approach.

Bringing the american people around for another big costly war will be the only problem. ONly the great white christians believe in terrorists anymore. Maybe we ahve to be reminded again.

Only a rotten brain denies the plan is on action.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Or anyone that isn't keen on conspiracy theories.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Only a Sith Lord deals in absolutes.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Wait, the pentagon planned for Syria to be the way it is currently? I haven't really seen any US involvement with Syria and you're claiming it's our fault?
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Deleted
    Wars will always exist, now I'm just wondering what's coming after the Middle-East as a target for war.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Wait, the pentagon planned for Syria to be the way it is currently? I haven't really seen any US involvement with Syria and you're claiming it's our fault?
    Well, you know what they say: How do you know the US isn't involved?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epicsasxguy View Post
    Wars will always exist, now I'm just wondering what's coming after the Middle-East as a target for war.

I wouldn't say that. I'd say there was relative peace for a time..before 9/11 anyways.

(Take note I was only in middle school when this happened)
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Well, you know what they say: How do you know the US isn't involved?!
    And when they do get involved, it will be: Why the heck did the US get involved?
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    I wouldn't say that. I'd say there was relative peace for a time..before 9/11 anyways.

(Take note I was only in middle school when this happened)
    Nah, Desert Storm just ended and it was to expect that wars were going to be in Iraq with Saddam being a crude dictator.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epicsasxguy View Post
    Nah, Desert Storm just ended and it was to expect that wars were going to be in Iraq with Saddam being a crude dictator.

Meh...least it was quiet for a time >.>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account

Because you can not get peace out of war. Invading people just piss people off more and will give them more reason to hate us. Let the develop on there own, If a bunch of aliens invaded the planet and tried to install a fascist government, we would be pretty pissed about that too. You can't do something bad and expect good to come from it...
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    Maybe the military industrial complex doesn't want peace? No profits for them in peace. Maybe eisenhower had a point after all
    Last edited by soulcrusher; 2012-12-07 at 09:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Seems so Machiavellian
    You can say a lot of things about Nichollo Machiavelli, but the one thing you can't say is that he was wrong.

But anyway, we have a war plan for literally every country on Earth. All of them. Yes, that includes you, Finland. There's really no new information here.