Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

"Underpowered is fine"

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    You really think Rogues are fine? Right now I think you have a brain tumor. Let's hope both of our opinions change soon.
    Your opinion would kill me. Mine would mean your video game character is slightly underpowered. Hmmm.
    Source: Greg Street's (Ghostcrawler's) twitter

So Ghostcrawler is aware and of the opinion that we should be underpowered.

Also, he seems to have sorta dodged the question? Edit: Even if the question was very poorly worded.
    Last edited by Viradiance; 2012-11-23 at 06:58 PM.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

I fail to see how you got that out of his response.

I did laugh at the first part though. GC always had a sense of humor.

Deleted
    He has a sense of humor, but his ability to dodge questions, or simply provide us with no actual information, is second to none.
    Last edited by mmoc0d3e61e7f2; 2012-11-27 at 09:21 PM.

He's not saying we're underpowered there.

He's saying we're compeltely fine and don't need changes.. but if his opinion was wrong, then the worst problem there would be is that we would be slightly underpowered.

ie if Person 1 is wrong (that he has a tumour) then he would die
    if HE is wrong (that rogues are fine) then rogues would be slightly underpowered.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

I've no clue how you managed to get that conclusion out of his statement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn rouges, always so overpowdered

this Gc i want to punch him in the face so badly hell i would pay money for it

Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    this Gc i want to punch him in the face so badly hell i would pay money for it
    Call me should u need help

10+ Year Old Account
    I love GC . Though im surprised he even answers idiots like that.

I blame our crappy school system. Or maybe some people just fail at reading comprehension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Yeah, i don't think that is what he said at all.

Deleted
    I love the fact that the guy takes a couple of hours out of his day to reply to twitter stuff, even if I don't agree with some of his decisions, but damn it must be disheartening to have everything he says being distorted by idiots with nothing better to do other than consistently coming up with this crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    You really think Rogues are fine? Right now I think you have a brain tumor. Let's hope both of our opinions change soon.
    Your opinion would kill me. Mine would mean your video game character is slightly underpowered. Hmmm.

Also, he seems to have sorta dodged the question? Edit: Even if the question was very poorly worded.

Basically all GC said is he thinks rogues are ok in my book, he has not said there underpowered at all. That was just the posters opinion and thats all it was opinion and I really should not be surprised that someone would make a lame comment like that, why would you accuse anyone of having a tumor O.o tho I do like GC's response
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

Classes and specs rise and fall each patch, hotfix and expansion. There are still a handful of fights rogues are great at and while many don't want to hear it you just came out of a raid that all 3 specs were in the top 3rd for dmg and on some fights all 3 specs were the 1st 2nd and 3rd best specs. This might make the drop feel worse then it is but rogues are just dealing with things everybody else does from time to time.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    He has a sense of humor, but his ability to dodge questions, or simply provide us with no actual information is, second to none.
    Because Twitter is the right place to post elaborate texts about class balance.

He didn't even say that he thinks it's fine that a class, in this case rogues, being underpowered is fine.

But keep quotemining until you, aimed at no one in particular, might be able to make a substantiated post.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskobar View Post
    I love the fact that the guy takes a couple of hours out of his day to reply to twitter stuff, even if I don't agree with some of his decisions, but damn it must be disheartening to have everything he says being distorted by idiots with nothing better to do other than consistently coming up with this crap.
    Indeed.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2012-11-23 at 09:45 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post

GC means that if the OP's opinion is right, he'd die, but if GC's opinion is right, rogues are slightly underpowered.
    This means GC actually acknowledges rogues aren't fine.

I think the problem here is that some people spend too much time playing WoW and not enough time learning english.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

This just proves what blues say though, no matter what they post, people will twist it to fit their own opinions. This is also a great example of what not to do, it just makes them not listen.

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    I blame our crappy school system. Or maybe some people just fail at reading comprehension.
    People read what they want to see :S It would not matter what GC said, people who hate him because he does not do what they scream at him for will always read into his comments an excuse to hate him more. Immaturity plus the knowledge there is no way they will ever be good/clever enough to match him verbally or in Blizzard. Fails hate more than people who deal with reality

Quote Originally Posted by Hellash View Post
    GC means that if the OP's opinion is right, he'd die, but if GC's opinion is right, rogues are slightly underpowered.
    This means GC actually acknowledges rogues aren't fine.
    This is what I took from the tweet. I'm pretty sure he has acknowledged that rogues need a PvP buff: mobility and survivability iirc. They made some changes on 5.1 PTR, then reversed all but the Blind CD reduction. I sure hope they do something.

We're decent in PvE. Could be better, but we're definitely not terrible. We're in a really bad place for PvP though; moreso than they acknowledge.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Because Twitter is the right place to post elaborate texts about class balance.
    Because the class forums are treated differently?
    What we get through these Twitter responses is no different than the "official developer responses" we're so often presented with. Yes, they differ in size and depth of debate, but the content is mostly the same; Politically correct nonsense that says a lot without actually answering anything. Elaborated responses are mostly rare, usually not elaborate to a satisfactory degree(I.e. often lack the actual answers to the actual questions), and often end openly with a non-answer.
    "We're looking into it..."
    "We're experimenting with..."
    "We might do..."

That's been my experience at least, so far. Haven't seen one "satisfactory" dev post on rogues post-Cataclysm.

NOTE: I'm not defending the twisting of the dev's words, but I'm most definitely not a fan of the way they present arguments and argue in their favor(When they actually do so...). Most notably, the "We disagree." Incident during the MOP beta, in which were bluntly told that our opinions are invalid/unwanted/unnecessary, and all communication between the rogue community and the devs just came to a complete halt ever since, despite several capped threads with concerned rogues.