Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So...outside of Dread Knight. What would be a good class to solo old content?

I'm looking for a good class to solo old content. I did search through some older threads, and it was suggested Hunters were #2. However, a friend that is a BM hunter (marksmanship alt), said the class had been nerfed to one of the worst classes. And I hear a lot of complaints about it from various people, but then again, every forum on the official WoW site has people complaining about their class :P

But still, as far as I know...it is highly regarded DK is #1 in doing old content, but I find that class too boring, actually, the only class in the game I don't like. And close behind "was"/"is" BM hunter? Not sure if still true. If not hunter anymore, what other good choices are there?

Thanks

15+ Year Old Account
    Warrior. Unkillable with that new health regen below a certain percentage of health talent.
    Statix will suffice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunters been nerfed to one of the worst classes? Your friend must be shitty.

You can solo with pretty much every class. I solo a lot with my boomkin.

Well, to be honest, I don't tend to take his opinion of classes too seriously. Every time there is a nerf to anything he plays, he way overreacts and joins the crowd raging on forums. But I haven't really kept up on WoW news in a while (broken laptop for one)...all I saw was some people posting how much Hunters suck now on the forums. But meh, even DKs have threads like that on the official forums :P

Anything with some heals and a few good defensives is viable for soloing. Mage is the only class that might have trouble.

EDIT: also, wtf is a Dread Knight?
    Last edited by Squirl; 2012-11-23 at 10:02 PM.

How old..? dks are the best with what proof? on some fights other classes shine i.m.o, and about mages, a SMART mage can solo a lot of old content, some that even a lot of dks wouldnt be able to lol (but it is a lot of skill to do so on a mage)...

Anyway, pally,monk,druid are the best other choices i.m.o, warriors are good to some extent, other classes can like lock,hunter etc but the 3 listed are the best.

Recently tried BWD on my monk, 473ilvl, solo'd omnotron, and magmaw was in the 60%'s just learning the fight and such, how to counter mangle. Monk are pretty powerful, however if you're focusing on older content (wrath and below) any of the three i said can do it, all three would be able to do a lot of wrath content in dps specs with offhealing, WW monk, Ret pally, Boom/Feral druid.

Hunters & DKs.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy solo'ing on the monk, good dps and decent defensive/healing CDs even as WW.
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    also, wtf is a Dread Knight?
    Beat me to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dread Knight... greatest troll I've seen in a while, whether its intentional or not!

Things that come to mind would be hunter and warrior
    Call me House.

Warrior.

With 2nd Wind a Warrior is unable to die as long the boss won't deal more than 3% of his hp per sec.

Windwalker monk is a great solo class, whether it be for old raids or Rare spawns.

Looking forward to putting mine in the Brawlers Guild.

What is a Dread Knight? lol...

Hunters are in a good place right now for soloing old content, mend pet + glyph of mend + glyph of misdirect pet is great right now. I still solo all the old stuff no problem on my hunter its even faster now

15+ Year Old Account
    Any that actually exist.

Quote Originally Posted by TwentyTwelve View Post
    How old..? dks are the best with what proof? on some fights other classes shine i.m.o, and about mages, a SMART mage can solo a lot of old content, some that even a lot of dks wouldnt be able to lol (but it is a lot of skill to do so on a mage)...
    a Dk has solo'd the FL version of Ragnaros. Dk's do actually have the tools to beat literally any boss (save mechanic requirements) solo.

Edit: Monks are doing pretty well for soloing, due to some of the spells they have. BrM or Windwalker both seem to do well
    Last edited by r3d3mpt10n; 2012-11-23 at 10:56 PM.

Deleted
    Enh shammies are great soloists too, good dps and self-healing plus plenty of CD's and other tools.

I think Dread Knight is what they call DKs in china, or maybe thats fade knight I forget. China wow is very censored.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Quote Originally Posted by r3d3mpt10n View Post
    a Dk has solo'd the FL version of Ragnaros. Dk's do actually have the tools to beat literally any boss (save mechanic requirements) solo.

Edit: Monks are doing pretty well for soloing, due to some of the spells they have. BrM or Windwalker both seem to do well
    hmm, yes i know, it just required a good tactic and good gear, pretty soon a dk will have solo'd deathwing, it all comes down to who has the best luck/access to gear for that 1 tho, dunno why 1 boss going down makes the class `the best`, pretty sure some other classes can down rag with 490-500ilvl, smart play with a monk perhaps using Xuen.

Err...hmm...sorry about that...ummm...title...I'm used to games/MMOs using "Dread Knight" and not "Death Knight"...which is funny, since I always loved getting the Death Knight in Warcraft 3. And even there, I always mistyped it on accident. xD Well, at least I humored people by them pointing and laughing. :P