Quote Originally Posted by Aalyy View Post
    WTH does that even mean? What a weird cryptic post from a man who will never know if the decision to have or not have an abortion is either easy, simple, or a degree of both.
    If that's how you feel you need to learn the difference from easy and simple.

Hit a half-court shot, for example. Conceptually simple. Easy? Not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    Is this your last stand then? A guilt trip? Forgive me for being young and not wanting my education and possibly my life ruined by a drunken one-night stand.
    Seriously? Make better decisions with your life and things won't come back to bite you in the ass. Society doesn't need to protect you from drunken one night stands. If you don't want your life "ruined" cut that shit out.

The question asked was "Why can't the MRM be taken seriously?" Here is an example.

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    It's not "personal bias" that's making us point out that your "ideal solutions" favor men when the problem is already slanted against women by nature.
    clearly you must be a woman trying to maintain your stranglehold on men.

WTH does that even mean? What a weird cryptic post from a man who will never know if the decision to have or not have an abortion is either easy, simple, or a degree of both.
    I think easy refers to the emotional difficulty, whereas simple refers to the overall complexity of the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    Is this your last stand then? A guilt trip? Forgive me for being young and not wanting my education and possibly my life ruined by a drunken one-night stand.
    And? Don't have drunken one-night stands. The same goes for women who don't want to be pregnant. If you are both using Birth Control and you still manage to conceive, you have to deal with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So.....baby factories anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    Make better decisions with your life and things won't come back to bite you in the ass.
    The exact same thing Republicans say to women when they want abortions. Funny you don't appreciate that irony.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    which in most states arent exclusive to mothers.
    But custody of a newborn (The period for most safe haven laws is 1 month) never goes to the father in that time so the point is moot.

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    But custody of a newborn (The period for most safe haven laws is 1 month) never goes to the father in that time so the point is moot.
    why should it? he bears no responsibility for it.

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    No. The MRM needs to pick its battles better. Because there are real issues out there that they can fix. The one we are currently talking about just isn't one of them. If you can't see that you aren't making the situation equal, you're making it better for only the men, then there really isn't anything else I can say to you on this matter. You are just willfully not seeing it.
    That's because the situation is zero sum. In order for one party to gain in this particular area another must lose something.

In this case women lose the right to 21 years of child support for their unilateral decision not to abort.

Kinda hard to give up custody when you don't have custody, especially since most Safe Haven laws only take in newborns under 30 days of age.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    The exact same thing Republicans say to women when they want abortions. Funny you don't appreciate that irony.
    I told you once before that I don't believe abortion should be used casually. Just because an argument can be used to support one shitty cause doesn't mean it's a shitty argument.

I'm not saying it should. I'm saying an analogous "out" should be available for him as well.

As it currently stands there are 4 outcomes of a pregnancy. In all 4 women get what's amenable to them. Men get only 2 (When they agree with the mother). With my solution, men are happy in 3/4 outcomes while women are happy in at least 3/4 outcomes.

Kinda hard to give up custody when you don't have custody, especially since most Safe Haven laws only take in newborns under 30 days of age.
    of course, i agree this is an unfair situation. now explain why the father ought to get custody over the mother.

If that's how you feel you need to learn the difference from easy and simple.

Hit a half-court shot, for example. Conceptually simple. Easy? Not so much.
    LOL cause sports metaphors are gonna so make you look empathetic to the plight of a woman's choice to abort or keep a pregnancy.

of course, i agree this is an unfair situation. now explain why the father ought to get custody over the mother.
    You were just trying to argue it was fair.

You cannot believe that life is as simplistic or black and white as this posts makes it out to be! Seeing as how you never have had and never will ever even have to entertain the idea of having an abortion you cannot know whether or not its a "happy" thing for a woman to go through and that the consequences of that decision won't be with her for the rest of her life.
    I wonder how it would feel to be a woman and be forced to be a mother when you didn't want to be.

Let's ask some pre Roe-v-Wade women that exact question.

LOL cause sports metaphors are gonna so make you look empathetic to the plight of a woman's choice to abort or keep a pregnancy.
    Because your incorrect classifications present a terrible argument, and your combative attitude only further undermines it.

Are you implying that women don't like sports?

this is why mens rights is regarded as a joke.

"we want fairer treatment in family courts..."
    fair enough

"... so we will be able to gain custody of our children..."
    alright

"... so we can abandon them anonymously at the fire station to avoid paying child support."

yeah... no.
    You're getting pretty good at building straw men.

Fact is that wanting better protection for paternal custody is only loosely related to wanting better family planning choices.