Page 6 of 169 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    We didn't get the 19th Amendment till 1920...19 fucking 20...

Now in 2012 men are crying foul because....not enough male shelters? This is why its a joke.
    I guess good men just need to get physically and emotionally abused for a few years just to even the score up a bit?

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    So you're going to start a rights movement about the oppressed while male because a bunch of old cunts were laughing about a guy's dick being chopped off? Things happen, and everyone is going to face some sort of discrimination or another. What good is having a bunch of disgruntled men whining about how they aren't the topest top of the social spectrum anymore? As Skelington said, there are some issues, but come now, for what more are you asking than for her to get in trouble?
    Because men sit around on TV laughing about husbands that mutilate their soon-to-be-ex-wives, right?

I don't remember laughing going on during Republican rape comments. But apparently it's okay for Russian women to rape would-be thieves for three days.
    Last edited by Rukentuts; 2012-11-24 at 02:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    No, it's the radical assholes that are the tiny minority. The feminist movement had the same fucking thing. Dworkin and those nutty authors that wrote books about how great the world would be without men were considered as feminist as anyone else in the movement. You going to tell me the idiots in the MRM are worse and louder than people writing entire books about how all men should be killed?
    Before your post I hadn't encountered this woman, yet browsing the internet I constantly come across men playing the victim card and most of them cite r/men's rights as their source. They might be the tiny minority, but the majority are pretty damn quiet. It's all about exposure, crazy idiots with small followings don't get a lot of exposure, because so many idiots flock to men's rights it's reputation is horrible.

This is another thing that irks me as well, and I said it in my initial post, the tit-for-tat playground bull. You should really be more focused on righting wrongs than trying to keep tally of which gender has to face more hardships in life. Maybe then the movement would come across less as a cynical, insincere, pity party and more like a movement looking to contribute something of value to society.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reqq View Post
    Your whole position rests on the assumption that we must have one or the other. Why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    In what universe do you have to choose? We're not talking about theoretical but practical.
    Resource. Plain and simple. You can't do something without resources; without the building space, without the volunteers and such, without the finances, the sponsors... a support system like a shelter cannot come into a void. If every village, town, and country could have both, enough to care for every man or woman in need of aid, I would be overjoyed. This is, however, not the case.

The concept that you can have everything you need on a whim is the theoretical viewpoint here.

The Tea Party routinely turns away crazy, loud, obscene and otherwise ridiculously unacceptable people. Guess who still takes the limelight?
    The people they elect to represent them at a national level like Palin and Bachmann?

I just gave you a pretty fantastic example of a movement changing its imaging with the Civil Rights Movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Because men sit around on TV laughing about husbands that mutilate their soon-to-be-ex-wives, right?
    Well, Skelington certainly laughed at the article, and you can probably find similar things easily in places like India or somewhere else where women are oppressed. He didn't say it was right that the women did that. Does the men's rights group want the option to sit around on tv and laugh about female mutilation or for the females that did it to be given a stern talking to?

Deleted
    Im not saying men are being fiercly opressed, But apparently we must be if we wish to campaign for equailty. Oh you guys

P.s, Just because you havent experienced the issues firsthand doesnt mean you can dismiss it offhand. Just like feminists, a fair amount of women havent faced legitimite sexual discrimination since the 80-90s. Does it still happen? Yes, Does discrimination happen to men? YES. Why then would you so willingly dismiss mens rights?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Resource. Plain and simple. You can't do something without resources; without the building space, without the volunteers and such, without the finances, the sponsors... a support system like a shelter cannot come into a void. If every village, town, and country could have both, enough to care for every man or woman in need of aid, I would be overjoyed. This is, however, not the case.

The concept that you can have everything you need on a whim is the theoretical viewpoint here.
    That's complete nonsense. The property exists, the volunteers exist - the only thing that doesn't exist is the political and social will to take domestic abuse against men seriously enough to fund refuges. You offer charities that support men suffering from abuse money, they will find real estate, equip it and staff it. There is no money because men are apparantly too physically and emotionall strong to get abused.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Well, Skelington certainly laughed at the article. He didn't say it was right that the women did that. Does the men's rights group want the option to sit around on tv and laugh about female mutilation or for the females that did it to be given a stern talking to?
    No, they just want the same public reaction that would come if the situation was reversed. The audience was laughing and cheering at that story. That is absolutely fucking disgusting.

I don't remember laughing going on during Republican rape comments. But apparently it's okay for Russian women to rape would-be thieves for three days.
    It's funny because no one said that.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Im not saying men are being fiercly opressed, But apparently we must be if we wish to campaign for equailty. Oh you guys

P.s, Just because you havent experienced the issues firsthand doesnt mean you can dismiss it offhand. Just like feminists, a fair amount of women havent faced legitimite sexual discrimination since the 80-90s. Does it still happen? Yes, Does discrimination happen to men? YES. Why then would you so willingly dismiss mens rights?
    If we're not being fiercely oppressed, then perhaps we don't need such radical and antagonizing tactics to promote men's welfare?

It's like using a bazooka to take out a rabbit.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    It's funny because no one said that.
    Tell that to her Facebook fans and all the internet feminuts saying how it "empowered women".

No, they just want the same public reaction that would come if the situation was reversed. The audience was laughing and cheering at that story. That is absolutely fucking disgusting.
    Are we really going to just use some shitty day time talk show as our bases of Men's Rights?
    Tell that to her Facebook fans.
    Oh, I thought you meant one of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    If we're not being fiercely oppressed, then perhaps we don't need such radical and antagonizing tactics to promote men's welfare?

the real joke is that they must first convince other men that there is a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reqq View Post
    That's complete nonsense. The property exists, the volunteers exist - the only thing that doesn't exist is the political and social will to take domestic abuse against men seriously enough to fund refuges. You offer charities that support men suffering from abuse money, they will find real estate, equip it and staff it. There is no money because men are apparantly too physically and emotionall strong to get abused.
    Note the sponsors part of my statement. I included what you just said. And remember, we're not talking about big cities and such only; we're talking about everywhere. In a town of only 500 people, maintaining even one shelter can be pretty difficult. Especially when public perception is that one gender has no need of such shelter.

I don't see how you could say monetary resources such as charity to not be a resource.. that's kind of the prime example.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    the real joke is that they must first convince other men that there is a problem.
    Yeah, but I guess they'll pass that off as 'being indoctrinated by the liberal feminazi media' I mean I do have a gaga avatar and pony sig, so they could be right(!)

Skelington is not absolutely fucking disgusting.
    So how big of a deal is this one news story though? Is this the grounds for the men's rights movement? The show's audience can easily consist of the hardcore feminists that believe all men should be castrated to calm them down forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Oh, I thought you meant one of us.
    Sorry for the misunderstanding. I mean members of the general public.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Note the sponsors part of my statement. I included what you just said. And remember, we're not talking about big cities and such only; we're talking about everywhere. In a town of only 500 people, maintaining even one shelter can be pretty difficult. Especially when public perception is that one gender has no need of such shelter.

I don't see how you could say monetary resources such as charity to not be a resource.. that's kind of the prime example.
    This is what needs to be addressed, and changed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post

Thank you, I'd like to rephrase that to this.

If we're not being fiercely oppressed, then perhaps we don't need such radical and antagonizing tactics to promote women's welfare? It's like using a bazooka to take out a rabbit.

Womens rights are paraded around the world as the universal given... Yet when mens rights are mentioned it is *like using a bazooka to take out a rabbit*