Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Once again riots at Wal-Mart

Once again it happens at Walmart http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/2016959...k-friday-sales.

Well once again it happens this year. I always have to wonder why this always happens at Wal-Marts but you never see it at Neiman Marcus. I guess people who arent lazy and have jobs instead of sucking on the government teat are more civilized. And its always fighting over some no name cheap Chinese garbage that nobody would buy any other time of the year and breaks a month after you start using it.

I remember when Walmart was new, they only sold things made in the USA and now youre lucky if you can find even ONE item in the store made in the USA. Yeah, it might not be nearly as cheap to buy made in the USA products but generally youll buy 3 of the crappy Chinese versions before you ever need to replace the 1 made in the USA item. This is why I NEVER go out on Black Friday and buy from small businesses online that make their stuff here in the USA.

If you too want to support American workers and get quality items you can use this website as a guide to find out where to buy American sorted by item type. http://www.americansworking.com/

Infracted: No nation bashing please
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-11-24 at 12:37 AM.

You kind of have to wonder what could possibly be going through these peoples minds. How could they really be that incredibly idiotic?

I mean the mindstate someone has to be in to push or hit another person for a sale on some junk they don't even really need is hard to fathom.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    You kind of have to wonder what could possibly be going through these peoples minds. How could they really be that incredibly idiotic?
    Inversely, it would be stupid of them to not take every advantage possible over other people (short of committing crimes) to save money

Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Inversely, it would be stupid of them to not take every advantage possible over other people (short of committing crimes) to save money
    If they were really concerned about saving money, they wouldn't be at Wal-Mart doorbusters to buy useless crap. That's not saving - that's spending.

Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    If they were really concerned about saving money, they wouldn't be at Wal-Mart doorbusters to buy useless crap. That's not saving - that's spending.
    Useless crap that they enjoy
    Hedonism is a respectable pastime, and for many reaching this goal is be worth pushing and shoving other people. I've never been the kind of person who likes to judge someone just for thinking differently and enjoying different things than me.

Pushing other people for sales is Irrational. Being irrational is pretty much the same as being illogical. Being Irrational or Illogical is being stupid.

They don't need the sales so bad that they should push or hit another person. We aren't talking about the last bit of food and if they don't get it they will die.

Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    Unfortunately, the "Save by spending" kind of double-think is common nonsense here in America.

"WE SAVE MONEY BY SPENDING IT! Oh wait ..."

Pushing other people for sales is Irrational. Being irrational is pretty much the same as being illogical. Being Irrational or Illogical is being stupid.

They don't need the sales so bad that they should push or hit another person. We aren't talking about the last bit of food and if they don't get it they will die.
    The things you said are only true if you believe that human beings have some objective value and that pushing them to get objects is not justifiable.
    It's fine that you believe that, but don't hold your systems of beliefs as a universal standard, or you'll constantly be looking down on other people just for thinking differently than you.

I like how the nationalism is so well concealed...

What makes me lol is that you can almost sense that it's part of the tradition to push and shove, to get chaotic, like it isn't really Black Friday unless people are getting jostled around. You can even see one guy grinning real hard at the absurdity of it all, as if it's some kind of consumerist mosh pit that he's expecting to be like that.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I think people expect this now.

The things you said are only true if you believe that human beings have some objective value and that pushing them to get objects is not justifiable.
    It's fine that you believe that, but don't hold your systems of beliefs as a universal standard, or you'll constantly be looking down on other people just for thinking differently than you.
    Well since we like to believe that humans are above animals my standard is just that. When people act like animals it is worth pointing out.

10+ Year Old Account
    And this is why I do all my Christmas shopping on amazon.com

Well since we like to believe that humans are above animals my standard is just that. When people act like animals it is worth pointing out.
    "We" don't like to believe anything. This isn't a hive mind, everyone has different ethics and motivations.

That was not a riot lmao... nobody even got punched. All it was, was people shoving each other. It wasnt that bad at all. If you dont like it then dont read about it or watch all the videos.

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 07:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    What makes me lol is that you can almost sense that it's part of the tradition to push and shove, to get chaotic, like it isn't really Black Friday unless people are getting jostled around. You can even see one guy grinning real hard at the absurdity of it all, as if it's some kind of consumerist mosh pit that he's expecting to be like that.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I think people expect this now.
    Exactly, people were smiling. It is expected. If your not American dont try to justify or comprehend it.
    Last edited by skatblast; 2012-11-24 at 12:46 AM.

"We" don't like to believe anything. This isn't a hive mind, everyone has different ethics and motivations.
    So you are telling me you don't believe humans are above animals? If that is the case than that is fine. But I would bet that if you were to ask the people pushing others if they thought they were above animals they would say yes.

Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post

Exactly, people were smiling. It is expected. If your not American dont try to justify or comprehend it.
    I wont try to comprehend it but shouldn't it be you guys justifying it?

Quote Originally Posted by Nastydeath View Post
    And this is why I do all my Christmas shopping on amazon.com
    Do you work for amazon?

This is just the typical behavior of people shopping on Black Friday. I don't see what's so shocking here.

So you are telling me you don't believe humans are above animals? If that is the case than that is fine. But I would bet that if you were to ask the people pushing others if they thought they were above animals they would say yes.
    The only thing I'm telling you that I believe is that you shouldn't write off a whole group of people as "incredibly idiotic" for having a different set of beliefs than yourself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayr1fe View Post
    Unfortunately, the "Save by spending" kind of double-think is common nonsense here in America.

"WE SAVE MONEY BY SPENDING IT! Oh wait ..."

Can you image what the scene would be like if this was food they were after, and the people were actually hungry?

Some of those people were acting like savages trying to get a piece of the prey someone had just killed.

If they were hungry, there would be gunfire, knifes and other assorted pointy objects. It would be a bloodbath. And after the stores are stripped clean, if some sort of organized force does not ring fence the hordes of morons flooding out of the cities and overpopulated suburbs, groups of these cannibals will pulling this trick door to door. Wave after wave of desperate people who never saw it coming and the only survival skills they have were learned from the XBOX and a lifetime of media exposure to senseless acts of violence.