Thread: Demo Addons

Demo Addons

I'm pretty new to demo, and I was wondering what addons are good to use, something to monitor dots, and say what is up or how long till something is up, so I can pay more attention to fights ^_^

Deleted
    For tracking dots and cooldown, i suggest Ellipsis, really good addon

Both addons are good for dot timing. I'd just like to point out that demo benefits greatly from having macros for multiple abilities.
    Some I use are as follows.

Going into demon form and out again.
    Tying Felstorm into a frequently hit button like shadowbolt or HoG
    Dark Soul and Imp Swarm in that order (if you take the glyph) you can add your potion if you want a before the pull macro
    Pet Attack or the fel guard's charge to shadowbolt for faster pet switching (when you want him to switch targets)

I personally use Fortexorcist for dots and weakauras to track things like trinket and molten core procs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khargol View Post
    Both addons are good for dot timing. I'd just like to point out that demo benefits greatly from having macros for multiple abilities.
    Some I use are as follows.

Going into demon form and out again.
    Tying Felstorm into a frequently hit button like shadowbolt or HoG
    Dark Soul and Imp Swarm in that order (if you take the glyph) you can add your potion if you want a before the pull macro
    Pet Attack or the fel guard's charge to shadowbolt for faster pet switching (when you want him to switch targets)
    I can never advocate the practice of macro-ing something like a cooldown or pet ability to a move that you use frequently.

Specifically, demo locks gain fury when their pet melee attacks an enemy but not during felstorm. If you have your pet using felstorm on cd that is going to end up being a dps loss since there is a high probability of a) using it on single target and lost potential fury or b) it being on CD when you actually want to aoe something.

Pet attack, is your own prerogative I guess.

You can just cast Meta again to come out of demon form?

OP: I like tidyplates to show my dots above enemy nameplates and weakauras for tracking
    Guatama - Enhancement
    Slowbrah - Retribution/Holy
    Jamespage - Demonology PVP
    Evocati (H - Zul'jin) is recruiting for 25 man.
    Visit our website to apply.

I've used ifilger for tracking dots since MoP hit, works really well for me. I also use it for buffs/debuffs on me and internal cds.

And of course tidyplates for multidotting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there some way an addon, or possibly weak auras, that can give some notification when you get to a certain amount of fury? Would be nice to know when to go into meta or out without looking at fury. Better to heard a sound and/or see a giant notification.

Master of puppets I'm pullin' your strings!