Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wekapedia View Post
    On the contrary. Blood elves are too thin.
    This......

Deleted
    I think they look to tin as it is

I will agree with those who say that they are fine.

I have heard this before, However...I offer another point.

They need a model update in the first place. Have you seen human female hands,fingers,thighs and feet? Jesus it's like they were constructed with lego's. Just the ugliest thing ever. Hell even human males look better than them.

Not fat enough. They look OK from the front, but they have a slab where their ass should be.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

They're not fat at all. I find their body shape very attractive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ngc2440 View Post
    The only people who truly believe that the female human model is too fat has been brainwashed by modern media into thinking that.
    This

Just so you know :

Average woman

Media's "Average woman

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Society, yes. And it's been amplified to an absurdly stupid degree, where we actually have to tell our children that what they see in movies and advertisements is NOT normal and NOT to be expected.

Evolution? I think not. Unless it's in the obese region, a well fed person would always have an evolutionary advantage to a skinny one because it can survive a bit longer w/o food. Fat = energy reserves of our body.
    Evolution works based on sexual selection as much as it does on natural selection. Sexual selection is driven by a combination societal preferences and supernormal stimulus of secondary sex characteristics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Evolution works based on sexual selection as much as it does on natural selection. Sexual selection is driven by a combination societal preferences and supernormal stimulus of secondary sex characteristics.
    Sexual selection is typically based on qualities that would aid in natural selection--males who are fit, sociable, and handsome will have an easier time finding a mate than an antisocial, unattractive male (no insults meant to anyone here, just making an argument), because the desirable traits in the attractive male can carry on to the next generation (in turn, giving the best odds of creating desirable offspring if the mother is also desirable), yadda yadda species continues. Females who are better-prepared to birth and raise a child (wide hips, large breasts, and similar secondary/tertiary sexual characteristics), on a primal level, offer a better chance for the species. Anything beyond that is a social construct or personal preference, and in no way indicative of evolution.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by neccowafer View Post
    Obviously too fat.

No self-respecting woman has a weight that could be described as anything other than "holocaust survivor-esque."
    +1, thank you.

Wish we'd get rid of this "girls have to be anorexic" bullshit. You realize 99% of the shit you see in media is photoshopped? E.a.: NOT REAL. Start enjoying our real bodies, men.

I for one think they're too skinny if anything. I'm loving the pandas though. Perfect!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    I for one think they're too skinny if anything. I'm loving the pandas though. Perfect!
    I agree with that, I love the pandaren females and the orc females. I can't even think of dwarves as being too round anymore. After playing a pandaren female dwarves just seem like a shorter version of the same body type by Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    I agree with that, I love the pandaren females and the orc females. I can't even think of dwarves as being too round anymore. After playing a pandaren female dwarves just seem like a shorter version of the same body type by Blizzard.
    Ditto. The sameface on female pandaren bugs the shit out of me, but I've got Rayne's Scarf mogged over my monk's helm, so I can at least pretend it's not there. Body-wise, though, they're phenominal.

Deleted
    Not joking, but some real females(my sister for example) are skinny even if they eat a lot. They just can't get fatter.

Now people here actually hate blood elfs, because they are "too thin"?
    If you hate overweight or underweight people, it's exactly the same...

Stop hating thin girls because of media!

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood elves are too thin.
    1. Not humans, don't apply human values.
    2. They are supposed to be a race suffering from withdrawal and hardship.

Anything beyond that is a social construct or personal preference, and in no way indicative of evolution.
    Thanks for putting stuff I wanted to say in more fitting words. ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the0o View Post
    This

Just so you know :

Average woman

Media's "Average woman

That is the thing tho, OK so may be the human model is "average", but do we want average? No, most people want "pretty". While the definition of pretty may vary from person to person, majority of the people would find pretty in the "media's average".

Is the human model too fat? No.

Would I prefer them to be slimmer? Yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    That is the thing tho, OK so may be the human model is "average", but do we want average? No, most people want "pretty". While the definition of pretty may vary from person to person, majority of the people would find pretty in the "media's average".

Is the human model too fat? No.

Would I prefer them to be slimmer? Yes.
    There's an inherent problem with using terms like 'most people' and 'majority' in regards to a subjective matter like beauty without sources: there's no proof that you're speaking for a supposed majority. Instead, it comes off as you positing a personal opinion and trying to push it as a majority opinion.

---------- Post added 2012-11-25 at 05:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blapis View Post
    Not joking, but some real females(my sister for example) are skinny even if they eat a lot. They just can't get fatter.

Personally, I equally love blood elves, humans, pandaren, orcs, and night elves because they all represent different ideals of beauty--the human is the middle ground, fit but not ripped, and not fat, blood elves are slender, pandaren are more heavyset but wear the weight well, orcs are strong but feminine, and night elves are tall and athletic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blapis View Post

True. How about Stop hating women because of their body types period. Mind your own damn business! If you don't want a particular body type for yourself then do what you can to change it to your liking and what you can't fix learn to live with. If you aren't attracted to particular body types don't date people with them.

Threads like this are hurtful and generally hateful. Some people have no clue how much the public perception and comments can affect others.

I STILL remember and feel insecure about my legs after a friend made a comment about mine turning purple when I'm cold in 1994. I stopped wearing skirts for many many years after that one insensitive comment, and it was one of many made about my appearance that really messed me up when I was a teen. People can be so cruel.

FWI my body type is the same as WoW humans. Yeah I have thunder thighs, large breasts and big hips, but a small waist and thin face and lower legs. It's one of many body types and there is nothing weird or wrong about it.
    "Healing is a game of Hungry Hungry Hippos. All the healers try to gobble all the marbles up. Disc priests take the marbles off the board."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirse View Post
    True. How about Stop hating women because of their body types period.
    Now there's a stand I can cast a ballot for.

They just have thighs that's all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I STILL remember and feel insecure about my legs after a friend made a comment about mine turning purple when I'm cold in 1994. I stopped wearing skirts for many many years after that one insensitive comment, and it was one of many made about my appearance that really messed me up when I was a teen. People can be so cruel.
    Heheh yeah Kids are cruel. Esp if you are handicapped. But you'll eventually get over it.
    BTW: This is not a thread about real women. It's a discussion about an ingame model. There is nothing hurtful about it.

That is the thing tho, OK so may be the human model is "average", but do we want average? No, most people want "pretty".
    Agreed.

That "Pretty" very much depends on your target audience though. If you want to address a wide one "average" is a safe bet.