Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I don't think they're too fat but their waists could be cinched in a bit and their calves are way too big. It makes them look too masculine. Blood Elf females are pretty and most of my toons are female blood elves but they do need some meat on their bones. Maybe not quite the Sylvanas thunder thighs but close would be perfect, lol!

human females have an awesome body model the prblem is there getting compared to elves...night elves have no booty and blood elves need thanksgiving weekly.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    And my personal preference is definitely the lady on the right, if I got to pick. So please stop with the "that's just your preference, man" stuff; if I were pushing my preference, we'd be using the panda female's build as the new "normal".
    You and me both brother, you and me both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Something that people often say, but what do you guys think?
    Never heard that before, and disagree also.

if I were pushing my preference, we'd be using the panda female
    Bestiality is sick dude.

Seriously though, I'm with you for the most part. I'm not very picky with weight, but I find the anorexic look almost as disgusting as the morbidly obese look. Healthy is beautiful, as is a healthy self image.
    Last edited by Abysal; 2012-11-26 at 06:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Abysal View Post
    Bestiality is sick dude.

Seriously though, I'm with you for the most part. I'm not very picky with weight, but I find the anorexic look almost as disgusting as the morbidly obese look. Healthy is beautiful, as is a healthy self image.
    I'd have to say I find it even more disgusting if you are actually talking about ANOREXIC girls. If you just mean "skinny enough to be considered underweight" then I'd put them about equal.

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/a...1_1586843a.jpg (linkified to avoid page stretch - this is what anorexic really looks like)
    But if you put this in front of me and also an obese person, I'm going to say this corpse-like physique scores far, far higher on the gag scale. This is speaking as a girl with a passing interest in girls, for perspective. May be different for the average male. But as someone who has human anatomy involved in my every day life (job in education) I can't help but be extremely creeped out if I can see all of your bones. I might be tempted to touch and name them, but after that, very creeped out, I assure you.

this is what anorexic really looks like
    Not quite. Anorexia has different levels, just like obesity. As a weight phobia, it usually starts with a weight problem, and it might take a long time to get to the look in that picture. A common place to find plenty of examples is the fashion world.

They are extremely fat

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Not quite. Anorexia has different levels, just like obesity. As a weight phobia, it usually starts with a weight problem, and it might take a long time to get to the look in that picture. A common place to find plenty of examples is the fashion world.
    While fashion models might be an unhealthy level of skinny, to achieve the look displayed there, you need to actually completely lose control of your habits and be compulsively starving or purging. I am not sure a calculated decision to weigh 120 pounds in order to keep your job is the same as a compulsive need to never eat more than a tiny amount (say 300 calories) per day, and to feel like shit about yourself every time you fail. Yes, not to say it isn't common in the modeling industry, but just because someone is skinny, even underweight, even intentionally underweight, is not enough to diagnose them with anorexia.

From NIH - Medline

"To be diagnosed with anorexia, a person must:

Have an intense fear of gaining weight or becoming fat, even when she is underweight
    Refuse to keep weight at what is considered normal for her age and height (15% or more below the normal weight)
    Have a body image that is very distorted, be very focused on body weight or shape, and refuse to admit the seriousness of weight loss
    Have not had a period for three or more cycles (in women)"

3 cycles is roughly 3 * 28 days for most women, or nearly 3 months. You need to be very skinny already for your period to stop. 3 months of the diets some of these girls put themselves on (300-500 calories per day, or less) combined with compulsive exercise that often accompanies anorexia as a related problem, especially starting from a slim weight already (slim enough to stop menstrual periods) can and will make you look like that picture I linked. In order to be diagnosed with anorexia at all, this is generally what is required. They are generally close to that skinny by the time they can be officially diagnosed. Of course this depends on the person, as some will reach that weight that causes amenorrhea (about 110- pounds for an average woman from my vague experience talking to people, but it can vary widely), and then flipflop or be made to eat by their families. But what I showed is by no means a rare outcome for anorexic women.
    Last edited by neccowafer; 2012-11-26 at 08:51 AM.

I think their legs are too long, but they're not too fat.

Although I would like to see more body customisation, even if it was just simple like Very Large, Large, Average, Thin, Very Thin. I want my Warrior to look physically stronger than my Priest of the same race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not even a little. My own preferences lean to the more bodaciously badonkadonky. I'm basing it on what is actually "normal" for athletic human women.

Sure, you can be healthy and athletic and skinny, but most aren't. That's why "skinny" is a word; it refers to thinner than normal. The human female model gets "normal" pretty close to right; some women are heftier when fit (a lot of female body builders, for instance, or women who earn the label "amazonian"), some are slimmer, but they're close to the middle range.

That's why I'm using "normal". "Average" would factor in all women, of varying degrees of fitness, and that changes the numbers. I could say "average for women with a fairly athletic lifestyle and a healthy diet", but that's a mouthful, so I use "normal" instead.

It has absolutely nothing to do with my own preferences.

Another image hauled from the depths of the tubes;

The human female model is close to the middle. People are claiming the girl on the left is "normal", I'm saying she ain't, she's skinny. And my personal preference is definitely the lady on the right, if I got to pick. So please stop with the "that's just your preference, man" stuff; if I were pushing my preference, we'd be using the panda female's build as the new "normal".
    Human Female's is closest to the right, that's actually a pretty good example of what the human females look like, the one on the right. Blood Elf chicks look like the one in the middle and the one on the left is skinnier than BE chicks.

10+ Year Old Account
    The one to the right, or even slightly larger is what I find perfect. I dont like the really skinny girls I just dont find them attractive atall.
    It looks bony/unhealthy/malnourished to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they are a perfect healthy looking model. No problems at all.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

10+ Year Old Account

Brrr, this may seem shallow, but I think the girl on the left is actually scary how thin she is.... she looks sick in my opinion. Other two girls look pretty to me.

First thought I had when I saw the girl on the left? "Skeleton in a bag." I sincerely apologize to the women that are so skinny and can't really do anything about it, it just freaks me out....

Deleted
    Human female model is perfect in my opinion. And if we start doing RL comparisons, any male who's been around the block knows better than to bruise their own pelvis against sticks and thus stay away from them.

Not even a little. My own preferences lean to the more bodaciously badonkadonky. I'm basing it on what is actually "normal" for athletic human women.

Sure, you can be healthy and athletic and skinny, but most aren't. That's why "skinny" is a word; it refers to thinner than normal. The human female model gets "normal" pretty close to right; some women are heftier when fit (a lot of female body builders, for instance, or women who earn the label "amazonian"), some are slimmer, but they're close to the middle range.

That's why I'm using "normal". "Average" would factor in all women, of varying degrees of fitness, and that changes the numbers. I could say "average for women with a fairly athletic lifestyle and a healthy diet", but that's a mouthful, so I use "normal" instead.

It has absolutely nothing to do with my own preferences.

The human female model is close to the middle. People are claiming the girl on the left is "normal", I'm saying she ain't, she's skinny. And my personal preference is definitely the lady on the right, if I got to pick. So please stop with the "that's just your preference, man" stuff; if I were pushing my preference, we'd be using the panda female's build as the new "normal".
    my opinion
    human = right (i call this fat :P)
    blood elf = mid
    left upper body look good but leg is too umm...

anyway i like blood elf model more than human
    Last edited by doraymon; 2012-11-26 at 11:07 AM.
    "if you dont like it, dont play the game! I love the way this game is 100% and nothing should be changed, because beta's aren't meant to improve a game. I will defend this games honor with my life and will refuse that anything bad be said about things that could be improved!"

- The FFXIV Community. (and some of "legacy" player)

10+ Year Old Account
    Left looks sickly thin.
    Middle looks cute / idealized.
    Right looks cuddly and soft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neccowafer View Post
    http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/a...1_1586843a.jpg (linkified to avoid page stretch - this is what anorexic really looks like)
    But if you put this in front of me and also an obese person, I'm going to say this corpse-like physique scores far, far higher on the gag scale. This is speaking as a girl with a passing interest in girls, for perspective. May be different for the average male. But as someone who has human anatomy involved in my every day life (job in education) I can't help but be extremely creeped out if I can see all of your bones. I might be tempted to touch and name them, but after that, very creeped out, I assure you.
    I agree with you, and you should add a warning to that because I just finished breakfast when I looked at it and I felt my stomach turn when I clicked it. :P

Just have to mention here, Endus, I have a whole new level of respect for you after your posts in this thread. <3

Love human women just the way they are, important assets are all in ample amounts, while still having an overall healthy look to them. Honestly its the same bodytype i prefer in real life too.

10+ Year Old Account
    People see the human female model as fat ? No wonder then, that people in the real world think they are fat..