A 10 Day Free MoP Trial

In case you didn't know, check your account and there is a little box on the right side were you can redeem a 10 day mop trial.

Just did it.

Does it add on 10 days to your game time?

Deleted
    Can't level above 85 in the trial, apparently?

15+ Year Old Account
    You've never been able to level into current content level wise on a trial.

You'll end up 12,999,999/13,000,000 on 85 and then you get nothing more. Same with Cata where you went 999/000 into 80 and WOTLK where you went 999/000 into 70.

I'm on a trial now and I have to say after not having played since July that they have ruined this game immeasurably IMHO. There is nothing about the class/talent changes I like from a warlock perspective and that has been my historic main. Priests aren't too badly broken but broken enough where I feel like I'm relearning rotation and strategies all over again.

For all the complaints I had about Cata at least I felt like I was just tweak learning things. For MOP it feels like an entirely different play style and IT SUCKS.

10+ Year Old Account
    The talent changes grow on you. Being able to respec in seconds for each fight (except when the talent interface bugs and you have to reload) is amazing.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this a new free trial, different from the one a few months ago?

Edit: seems to be a new one as it is showing available on my main account on which I already used the free trial from a couple months ago.
    Last edited by Tacotruck; 2012-11-24 at 02:13 PM.
    You thought the leaden winter would bring you down forever, But you rode upon a steamer to the violence of the sun...
    And you see a girl's brown body dancing through the turquoise, And her footprints make you follow where the sky loves the sea.
    And when your fingers find her, she drowns you in her body, Carving deep blue ripples in the tissues of your mind.

Deleted
    Not only is it a new trial but it can be activated on accounts where you already have MoP, strangely enough. My sub ended around 27th October, it simply gives you 10 days. I wasn't able to activate it through the battle.net interface alone (but maybe I didn't try hard enough), however I got it after clicking the link in the email.

http://email.blizzard.com/Key-1000801.C.9g5.D.C.JK98Kc

Above is the link I got, however it looks strange enough that it actually might be specific for my account... Or not... Try it if you didn't get the email (I am EU but it might not matter).
    Last edited by mmoc6af618f320; 2012-11-24 at 03:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for posting this! I would never have seen it on my own. I haven't had internet at my house until a few days ago so I haven't been able to play MoP yet. Yesterday I had a friend order it for me on Amazon (yay for saving $20) but now I can play while I wait for Amazon to ship and for him to email my CD-key and game time code. My Druid missed me.

---------- Post added 2012-11-25 at 04:37 PM ----------

BTW can confirm you cannot get to 86, XP gains stop one point below leveling. It's cool though, gives me a chance to play around with all my guys and be sure who I want to level when the real game gets here.
    You thought the leaden winter would bring you down forever, But you rode upon a steamer to the violence of the sun...
    And you see a girl's brown body dancing through the turquoise, And her footprints make you follow where the sky loves the sea.
    And when your fingers find her, she drowns you in her body, Carving deep blue ripples in the tissues of your mind.

Deleted
    Sooo.. how many accounts got compromized because of this link?

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks OP, I'll make sure to pass on the news to other people!!!

Deleted
    Does anybody know how long this trial is going to last, I have exams the following weeks and I am interested if this is going to be available after 13th December. Can't find any information about it on the official site. Thanks in advance!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Chef View Post
    Does anybody know how long this trial is going to last, I have exams the following weeks and I am interested if this is going to be available after 13th December. Can't find any information about it on the official site. Thanks in advance!
    Probably untill you decide you wanna use it. I've recieved two of these so I've been able to lvl my monk 20 days now with no sub.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Sooo.. how many accounts got compromized because of this link?
    If you mean the link reve posted, think none. It sends you to log to the main battle.net site.

Deleted
    Thanks for the reply, that will be awesome