Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I never remove the decorations, why would I? I mean in june there's only 6 months to Christmas!

But seriously, I put them around 10-15 december and keep them till 10-15 january.

Edit: just read the thread with all the "I don't" and all that. I just make a small tree and 1-2 strings of sparkly stuff around the house, nothing outside, and it's not much as I have an artificial tree, but it's nice to have Christmas, family together, presents etc. I mean seriously, just because you're grown up doesn't mean you can't give and get presents. I give presents to my loved ones. I'm 22, going towards 23 in 2 months, but I still think giving presents is nice, since it makes the face of the one who got the present light up in joy, and that makes me happy
    Last edited by mmoc994dcc48c2; 2012-11-24 at 12:27 PM.

I don't even know exactly when christmas is

Don't have a house, so never start.

After US Thanksgiving, before Christmas. We're not religious, but it's the "winter family holiday."

Christmas is my husband's chosen holiday. He doesn't much care about any of the rest, but Christmas is "a deal" to him. In recent years we haven't done a lot of decorating (family stresses, moving a lot, life gets in the way) but this year we're hoping to get a decent Christmas vibe on. I grew up with real trees, but as time goes by it's harder and harder to find places that sell them any longer - they're still around, but you have to hunt them down; so now we just use a fake tree and snag a wreath or garland from Trader Joe's for the smell. We've got lights for outside, lights for the tree, and a smallish collection of stuff to set around the house to help set the atmosphere. I do need to work on a collection of Christmas music, though.

Christmas must respect US Thanksgiving for me, though. And it better stay the heck away from Halloween. This is in part because if I have to listen to Christmas music in stores for two months, I lose a lot of my enjoyment of the holiday by the time it finally rolls around.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmatum View Post
    I'm Agnostic, so I don't celebrate Christmas :P
    I'm agnostic too, but I do celebrate it.

For me, it's not just about Jesus being born, or wtv reason it's, supposedly, celebrated, I just celebrate it because me and my mom and brothers can have a stronger bond, plus, it's always nice and good to open presents, it's a big joy.

Me and my mom usually start decorating early December, atleast, till the 10th.

Deleted
    Preferably never.

We put up stars(usually with lights inside them) in our windows at the beginning of december, usually on the first advent sunday. First advent sunday is pretty much the sunday closest to the 30th of november I think.
    We're not religious in my family, it's just tradition and most houses in my country do this. 1st of december we also start with advent calenders and they can be quite decorative I guess. Other than that we usually put up the rest the day before christmas eve, or Julaften(Yule eve) as we call it here. The day before we call lille julaften which translates to little Yule eve, and that's the day we bring in the christmas tree and stuff. Yule eve is the big day here and we open presents usually sometime that evening after dinner. Then we take down the decorations sometime after New Years Eve, it varies a bit!

I love this time of the year though!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since our Christmas is on 7th on January (orthodox church),and my family is mainly atheist,we just put up decorations for New Year.Even though we are atheistic,we do celebrate religion holidays in our ways,so here in our country there's one holiday similliar to Thanksgiving on 19th of December,and we do it like week later after that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Today. Day after black friday.

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 12:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Palmatum View Post
    I'm Agnostic, so I don't celebrate Christmas :P
    It's not a solely Christian holiday though. There are so many facets to Christmas and Jesus is only an optional part of it. I'm an agnostic atheist and I love the secular parts about Christmas; gift exchanges, games with the family, the Christmas tree, all that stuff. I just don't care about the religious stuff, I participate because the rest of my family is religious and its just easier to go along with it than argue.

Point is though, you can celebrate a secular Christmas.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Today. Day after black friday.

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 12:32 PM ----------

It's not a solely Christian holiday though. There are so many facets to Christmas and Jesus is only an optional part of it. I'm an agnostic atheist and I love the secular parts about Christmas; gift exchanges, games with the family, the Christmas tree, all that stuff. I just don't care about the religious stuff, I participate because the rest of my family is religious and its just easier to go along with it than argue.

Point is though, you can celebrate a secular Christmas.
    The truth is Christmas in the western world is actually a pagan holiday, yule. The festival of lights to scare away winter. "Jesus" wasn't even born in December.

The best guess being he was born around September 16 through 29, 4AD.

http://www.cgg.org/index.cfm/fuseact...Jesus-Born.htm

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not as early as the malls and other commercial centers, I hate Christmasdecorations before 10 december :/
    We already have enough commercial bullshit around Sinterklaas ( this is the holiday that created Santa Claus btw )

Not really a Christmas guy, only on the 24th-25th. I'm more of a newyears eve celebrator, because in the country I live in, we know how to get a whole city drunk ^^
    ∞=0
    0/2 = 0 , ∞/2 = ∞
    2/0 = error , 2/∞ = error
    0*2 = 0 , ∞*2 = ∞

10+ Year Old Account
    Usually the week after Thanksgiving, and leave it up till New Years Day

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally am not a big fan of christmas, so I don't decorate or anything personally.
    But when I lived at home, we always started decorating the tree etc on "little christmas eve" (the 23d) as we celebrate christmas on the 24th.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im not religious in the slightest, i just like flashing lights :3
    When i lived with friends wed decorate in about september and take them down about May. Currently living with parents though, so its usually around the 10th december. I might just put them up on the first though.

Deleted
    just moved so got nothing to decorate with

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
    just moved so got nothing to decorate with
    Get some papers, some aquarelle/watercolour, paint the papers and hang them all over your house, inside, not outside, otherwise everything will fly away.

Ta da, it's decorated!

Aside from the odd thingy which remind you of christmas, we don't decorate at all. Being poor has it's upsides

My family starts setting up Christmas decorations pretty soon after Thanksgiving. My Mother LOVES decorating and preparing for holidays.

10+ Year Old Account
    A couple of days before xmas eve, just tree and some lights around the living room window really. I'm not really that bothered about christmas at all, it is just another day.

I see houses with full decoration and instantly think 'What a twat'