Soulbound epic weapons

i was thinking, what if professions could craft soulbound weapons? not BiS, but better than raidfinder gear?

thinking like:

Engineering: Ilvl 490 gun. mats: 2 orb of mystery, 12 living steel bar, 8 trillium bar, 20 spirit of harmony

Blacksmithing: Ilvl 490 2h sword. Mats: 2 orb of mystery, 12 living steel bar, 8 trillium bar 20 spirit of harmony
    -ll- : Ilvl 490 agillity polearm. Mats: 2 orb of mystery, 12 living steel bar, 8 trillium bar, 20 spirit of harmony
    -ll- : Ilvl 490 1h strength sword. Mats: 1 orb of mystery, 8 living steel bar, 5 trillium bar, 10 spirit of harmony
    -ll- : Ilvl 490 1h agillity axe. Mats: 1 orb of mystery, 8 living steel bar, 5 trillium bar, 10 spirit of harmony
    -ll- : ilvl 490 agillity dagger. Mats: 1 orb of mystery, 8 living steel bar, 5 trillium bar, 10 spirit of harmony

Enchanting: Ilvl 490 2h staff. Mats: 2 orb of mystery, 12 Sha crystals, 20 spirit of harmony

Inscribtion: Ilvl 490 wand, Mats: 1 orb of mystery, 8 Sha crystals, 10 spirit of harmony
    -ll- : Ilvl 490 Held in off hand. Mats: 1 orb of mystery, 8 sha crystals, 10 spirit of harmony.

ofcourse the numbers on ilvl and cost could and probably should be changed, this is just a basic idea.

and i know profesions like leatherworking would feel left out, and people would feel like they had to have a specific profesion. that's why i'm thinking: If not make the weapons soulbound, then BoA. In that way, you don't need a certain profesion on a character to get the weapon you want, but can craft it from one of your other toons.

I'n my head, so far, i think it is a decent idea. maybe make them a bit worse than normal raid gear, so raiders doesn't feel left out. The point is to be able to craft entry-level epic weapons for yourself, but the mats being exspensive, it can easyly cost 40k+ to craft one of those 2h weapons, or two 1h, with just the mats i sugested.

i apreciate any feedback as long as you explain why, and not just a simple NO or YES.

No.

Maybe similar to the Inscription staves where you can make I think a 476 BoA after 3 weeks, but not a straight up 490 BoP.

You used to be able to make very good weapons back in TBC, but professions have gone in the total opposite direction since then. Professions these days are all about personal stat bonuses, not personal gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    No.

Maybe similar to the Inscription staves where you can make I think a 476 BoA after 3 weeks, but not a straight up 490 BoP.

You used to be able to make very good weapons back in TBC, but professions have gone in the total opposite direction since then. Professions these days are all about personal stat bonuses, not personal gear.
    I remember my cousin getting lionheart, he was 25 at the time pretty normal guy, piss head, etc etc, even he was totally syched when he got it, then when he found out it was the first version and he had to do more, FTW at his reaction, one of those moment you'll just never forget

I did like the TBC style with BS though
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

10+ Year Old Account
    I think lfr level weapons would be ok. Anything more would be unfair. You dont wanna force specific proffessions onto people.

well, ilvl 483 then, same ilvl as HoF and ToES raidfinder items. as i wrote, only entry-level gear, but for the cost to craft them, i think it should be more than just 476

My main is still a BS because of the TBC weapon method, I was even still using my Dragonstrike when we killed Kil'Jaedan (enhancement weapons were pretty thin on the ground then). I liked it at the time, but god it would have been a bitch had I not been raiding, I would have had to end up buying runs or whatever to get orbs. At the same time it really added a lot to the profession, made it feel really worthwhile, and as someone who enjoys the professions side of the game I do love that kind of flavour, but I doubt I'd be as appreciative of it as the casual I am now. Something like the inscription staves might be the best compromise really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like the old days with Stunhereld. That'd be aight

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

I'd like to see raid-level craftables in the form of BS Armor/Weapons from BC. Thunder was equal to T4 level drops, Deep Thunder was a little better and Stunherald was useful throughout T5, up until you started getting items with Gem slots (I think? It's been a while). The Armorsmithing items weren't as useful, but they could be used for lack of anything else.

I'd like to see it as well, but by looks of it developers want weapons to be exclusive to raids. Thus there is no weapons for VP and craftables are submediocre.
    I think lfr level weapons would be ok. Anything more would be unfair. You dont wanna force specific proffessions onto people.
    Why not make it this way? BS - BoP melee weapons (on par with BiS), Enchanting - BoP wands (on par with BiS), Engineering - BoP helms (on par with BiS), Tailoring - BoP cloaks and wrists, Jewelcrafting - BoP necks and rings, Alchemy - BoP trinkets?

Yeah, on par with BiS (hc raid quality), with constant uprgades with each new tier. Otherwise professions will never get out of "lol only for passive bonus" hole.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Why not make it this way? BS - BoP melee weapons (on par with BiS), Enchanting - BoP wands (on par with BiS), Engineering - BoP helms (on par with BiS), Tailoring - BoP cloaks and wrists, Jewelcrafting - BoP necks and rings, Alchemy - BoP trinkets?
    This would force dedicated player to swap their professions or they can't compete. Actually i excpeted an epic weapon (489) at the end of all reputation grind - but that didn't happen.