Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Do you have the source for this, it wouldn't make much sense actually, I heard they considered Ogre's but decided to add Goblins.
    Can't find it right now. It was some interview during Cataclysm. If I find it I'll post the link. I think the reasoning behind it was that Gilneans didn't have a good standing with the Alliance, and their land was close to the Forsaken. Goblins can be put anywhere, as for them it's all about the money anyway. There's rivalry between the Goblins and the Gnomes but so is there between the Dark Irons and the rest of the Dwarves. I don't know, it could've worked. But they said in the end they thought Alliance could use a more beastial race and Horde a more funny, comical race. Maybe it was on the Cataclysm CE DVD, I'll check that later.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    "Working with" is not the same as "being a part of".
    They were a part of the Alliance, Garithos said it was a mistake to let them join again.

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 09:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Can't find it right now. It was some interview during Cataclysm. If I find it I'll post the link. I think the reasoning behind it was that Gilneans didn't have a good standing with the Alliance, and their land was close to the Forsaken. Goblins can be put anywhere, as for them it's all about the money anyway. There's rivalry between the Goblins and the Gnomes but so is there between the Dark Irons and the rest of the Dwarves. I don't know, it could've worked. But they said in the end they thought Alliance could use a more beastial race and Horde a more funny, comical race. Maybe it was on the Cataclysm CE DVD, I'll check that later.
    Pleas try to find it, it would be quite interesting, considering the circumstances.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They said in an interview they originally wanted the Worgen to be Horde and the Goblins to be Alliance. Before that they even wanted to add Ogres instead of Goblins.
    I would have believed you if you hadn't said goblins for Alliance.

Blizz has always said Goblins are a traditionally Horde race.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I would have believed you if you hadn't said goblins for Alliance.

Blizz has always said Goblins are a traditionally Horde race.
    Like High Elves were Alliance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agoonga View Post
    The only reason that the Quel'Thalas High Elves (that became the Blood Elves) survived was because of the Naga. If they had not gotten help from the Naga, they would've died. Alliance refused to let Blood Elves join them again because they got help from the Naga. Horde let Blood Elves join knowing they got help from the Naga. I don't know how that fits Alliance better.

Worgen were perfect for the Alliance. Worgen didn't have enough lore for them to hate the Alliance yet. Just like Pandaren and Draenei.
    Well, all the naga that helped the blood elves are dead. I doubt that if another faction breaks from Azshara or has already but we don't know would make the same mistake of joining a faction that led them to doom.

And I was merely showing a point. High elves have been with the Alliance from WC1 to WC3 Frozen Throne. Goblins have been in the Horde from WC1 to WC2, and in WC3 they left, so there was a basis for them joining the Alliance if something similar happened to them.

And no, Alliance wanted the blood elves, but they didn't trust them anymore because the night elves had joined and they didn't like the blood elves so they told the rest of the alliance of their treachery thousands of years ago. So night elves, not trusting blood elves, went to sabotage their sanctums and use them to spy on blood elves to see what demons they're bringing into the world, seeing as they syphoned fel magic. Blood elves found out and felt betrayed. This has nothing to do with the naga. Just fel magic.

Garithos hated the blood elves, but he didn't hate them because of naga either, he hated them because he was racist, he just used the naga as a pretext to finally get rid of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the Warcraft magazines (99% sure it was issue 5) said goblins were originally going to be the first "neutral" race, but they decided to put them on the Horde after they decided against ogres (which were very strong candidates as the new Horde race) since goblins added something new to the faction. Ogres apparently did not.

No idea about worgen.

Deleted
    It wasn't on the CE DVD, and I just can't find the interview, but I'm 100% sure there was an interview where they said Worgen was originally Horde and Goblin Alliance.

Deleted
    It wasn't on the CE DVD, and I just can't find the interview, but I'm 100% sure there was an interview where they said Worgen was originally Horde and Goblin Alliance.
    Sorry, I just can't believe you.

The original Worgen idea (Savage beings from another dimension, altough they were not retconned) maybe yes.

Current Worgen, no, they are Gilnean Humans which have no real ties to the Horde except that they fought them during the 2nd war.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Kyurem View Post
    Sorry, I just can't believe you.
    Sorry I just can't care. It's still true

---------- Post added 2012-11-25 at 12:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    The original Worgen idea (Savage beings from another dimension, altough they were not retconned) maybe yes.

Current Worgen, no, they are Gilnean Humans which have no real ties to the Horde except that they fought them during the 2nd war.
    The High Elves have fought the Horde, too. It would've been easy to come up with a story where they join the Horde. In Wolfheart Varian at first rejects the Worgen. Instead of coming up with a story where the Forsaken try to take Gilneas by force they could've just come up with a story where the Forsaken send in ambassadors and they help the Gilneans fight the Worgen. Sometimes I think people here on the forums lack creativity and imagination.
    Last edited by mmocedbf46d113; 2012-11-24 at 11:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry I just can't care. It's still true
    You can't insist without evidence and claim it's true. That kinda bullshit is the reason religion is a thing.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenosege View Post
    I read this somewhere (and goblins going to Alliance) but i can't think where, does anyone know if it's true?

and if so, do you think they made the right choice putting worgen on the Alliance?
    no in an interview a while back the first choices for races were ogres for horde and some unmentioned race for alliance. eventually blizzard decided on goblins and they were going to be the first neutral race but someone at blizzard said they should give the alliance a "monstery" race so they decided to give goblins exclusively to the horde and worgen for the alliance
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    You can't insist without evidence and claim it's true. That kinda bullshit is the reason religion is a thing.
    Which just proves that you can do it.

---------- Post added 2012-11-25 at 01:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    no in an interview a while back the first choices for races were ogres for horde and some unmentioned race for alliance. eventually blizzard decided on goblins and they were going to be the first neutral race but someone at blizzard said they should give the alliance a "monstery" race so they decided to give goblins exclusively to the horde and worgen for the alliance
    That doesn't contradict each other. They've been working on Cataclysm since before WotLK launched. They probably went through a lot of iterations. And I can swear that what OP says is true, I read the same thing. Like I said it was in an interview a while back. It surprised me too, but it's definitely true.

---------- Post added 2012-11-25 at 01:31 AM ----------

It's not entirely what I meant, but I still found this

Chris Metzen stated in the November 2003 issue of Blizzard Insider #15 that goblins were originally considered for the fourth Alliance race. But they were widespread as a neutral trading faction, so Gnomes became a better fit.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Goblin

The thing I mean is related to Cataclysm though, but it's still interesting to know.

Ah, I finally have it

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...ew.html/page/1

The Goblins were actually an often requested race and so we decided to do it. We also really wanted to do a transforming race and that was how the Worgen came about. In the beginning the theory was to have Worgen on the Horde and Goblin on the Alliance. It was a significant idea to do it that way. It was like, if it is a warrior type race then it will be on the Horde. Yet we really wanted to add something a little darker to the Alliance, a race that has their own agenda, so it was a good departure for the Alliance. On the flip side we wanted something a little more light, a little more whimsical on the horde side so the Goblin was moved there. I am really happy with the ultimate decision to add the races where we did, but it was very difficult to get there.
    Last edited by mmocedbf46d113; 2012-11-25 at 12:49 AM.

Yes, it's true and here is the link to the interview with J. Allen Brack:

Since I can't post the link, go to mmorpg.com and do a search for J. Allen Brack interview and it should pop up.

Quote:

"In the beginning the theory was to have Worgen on the Horde and Goblin on the Alliance. It was a significant idea to do it that way. It was like, if it is a warrior type race then it will be on the Horde. Yet we really wanted to add something a little darker to the Alliance, a race that has their own agenda, so it was a good departure for the Alliance. On the flip side we wanted something a little more light, a little more whimsical on the horde side so the Goblin was moved there. I am really happy with the ultimate decision to add the races where we did, but it was very difficult to get there."

In the end, things didn't quite turn out how Blizzard thought they would.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoncharger View Post
    Yes, it's true and here is the link to the interview with J. Allen Brack:

Since I can't post the link, go to mmorpg.com and do a search for J. Allen Brack interview and it should pop up.

Quote:

"In the beginning the theory was to have Worgen on the Horde and Goblin on the Alliance. It was a significant idea to do it that way. It was like, if it is a warrior type race then it will be on the Horde. Yet we really wanted to add something a little darker to the Alliance, a race that has their own agenda, so it was a good departure for the Alliance. On the flip side we wanted something a little more light, a little more whimsical on the horde side so the Goblin was moved there. I am really happy with the ultimate decision to add the races where we did, but it was very difficult to get there."

In the end, things didn't quite turn out how Blizzard thought they would.
    If I hadn't found it one minute earlier, I would kiss you right now. Also welcome to the forums.

If I hadn't found it one minute earlier, I would kiss you right now. Also welcome to the forums.
    lol I knew that I saw that interview, but since I'm new here I had to play with the settings. But you beat me to it! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    I never understood why the Alliance sabotaged Que'thelas, it came across as far too brash and without reason. It always came a across as a poor excuse to vilify the Alliance and push them into the Horde.
    The alliance didnt do it. Go play warcraft 3. Arthas, a human did it. Kind of pissed off the blood elfs.

Though siding with the horde still didnt make since as the belfs hate undead more than they hate humans.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Deleted
    i do not think so, and never think it was supost to be like that. Hordes already have so many goblines(before cata). And makes no sence for the worgen, gilneas to join the horde, why would they? They are, or atleast was humans

Goblins were always going to be horde considering their relationship in the RTS series. Also, Worgen were never going to be horde considering the lore always puts the worgen, both civilized and feral, against the undead, which would mean forsaken, which would mean no horde.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    i do not think so, and never think it was supost to be like that. Hordes already have so many goblines(before cata). And makes no sence for the worgen, gilneas to join the horde, why would they? They are, or atleast was humans
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivick View Post
    Goblins were always going to be horde considering their relationship in the RTS series. Also, Worgen were never going to be horde considering the lore always puts the worgen, both civilized and feral, against the undead, which would mean forsaken, which would mean no horde.
    Did you read the part of the interview where J. Allen Brack said that Worgen were originally intended to be Horde?