Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Which is why it defies logic and feels forced.
    Didn't it not occur to the Alliance that spying and sabotaging Quel'thalas would force them into the Horde or into open hostility? It just comes across to me a like a forced series of events to push them into the Horde.
    Yeah it was a bit forced, but there's always been conflicts between the Night Elves and the High Elves. Just look at the Highborne in Darnassus and what Maiev did to them. But still to this day there are High Elves, who are part of the Alliance. You see it with the Silver Covenant, you see them in all kinds of places, but it's never really a big theme. Maybe when the next expansion really is about the Legion and there's Turalyon and Alleria and their son Arator we might see some High Elves as an Alliance race. Then again it would be interesting to see Alleria come back as a Blood Elf, because of her exposure to fel magic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I always found it weird that Gobbos are horde only. Back in WC III everyone could hire them for cash. ._.

Worgen are o.k. though. They can stay.

Maybe when the next expansion really is about the Legion and there's Turalyon and Alleria and their son Arator we might see some High Elves as an Alliance race.
    Quel'dorei as a playable alliance race would be awesome. The only fact I hate about the Sin'dorei is that they are Horde... but i highly doubt that'll ever happen. Blizzard gave the Sin'dorei as a pretty race to the horde for a reason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Honestly, I always found it weird that Gobbos are horde only. Back in WC III everyone could hire them for cash. ._.

Worgen are o.k. though. They can stay.

Quel'dorei as a playable alliance race would be awesome. The only fact I hate about the Sin'dorei is that they are Horde... but i highly doubt that'll ever happen. Blizzard gave the Sin'dorei as a pretty race to the horde for a reason.
    But they can still keep the Sin'dorei if they give us the Quel'dorei.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Though, wouldn't mind Worgen Paladins *nods*
    Indeed, I don't play my Paladin because I can only pick Bloof Elf and Tauren xD

Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    Yes.
    At the beginning of Cata alpha (and beta), if you died in an "unknown zone" (a zone where the server doesn't "know" where you are, you are out of bonds, like in the Deadmines' secret Outland testing zone), you would be ported in the Crossroads' graveyard, which is the Horde "default" graveyard, while the Alliance has Westfall

Which means that for the server, you were a Horde character. This lasted at least 3 or 4 months (remember, Cata alpha began at the beginning of May 2010 ^^)
    How are bugs and glitches indisputable proof?

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    The Kaldorei were spying on the Blood Elves because they didn't trust them. The Highborne, who later became the High Elves, were responsible for the Sundering, so the Night Elves were afraid that the magic-addicted High Elves were again meddling with dangerous powers. Considering what Kael'thas did they had good reason to believe that.There are still High Elves loyal to the Alliance, though. The Kaldorei didn't go in there to eradicate the Blood Elves. It's unfortunate that it was something that led them to joining the Horde, but I would still say the distrust for the High Elves was justified.
    i think it had less to do with the night elves and more to do with the dwarf.

the high/blood elves hated the night elves already so whether they were "allies" with the night elves they would probably expect to come to blows with them.

however the dwarves and humans used to have good relations with the high/blood elves and the dwarf working with the night elves to help invade quel'thalas probably made the blood elves feel like "they chose them over us"
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i think it had less to do with the night elves and more to do with the dwarf.

the high/blood elves hated the night elves already so whether they were "allies" with the night elves they would probably expect to come to blows with them.

however the dwarves and humans used to have good relations with the high/blood elves and the dwarf working with the night elves to help invade quel'thalas probably made the blood elves feel like "they chose them over us"
    I think they both played a big role. But it's been so long since I've leveled a Blood Elf, I'm not even sure anymore what was going on with that dwarf.
    But just to throw this in, I've just heard in an old tradechat video, that Night Elves were at one point supposed to be on the Horde side, but they decided against it because they saw more potential for conflicts if they were part of the Alliance.