Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    the guy is a tool, the stuff he said about rogues/cold blood last week was ludicrous as well. Don't understand why he hasn't been fired yet.

I frequently disagree with GC. I don't believe he should be in charge of WoW design. But he's not always wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    GC plays frost mage, roll one and stfu, pvp in this game is shit, always has been always will be, it's getting even worse with all the more CC being added and you guessed it... GC thinks it's in an alright state roflolol

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    GC plays frost mage, roll one and stfu, pvp in this game is shit, always has been always will be, it's getting even worse with all the more CC being added and you guessed it... GC thinks it's in an alright state roflolol
    Now I don't think GC is quite that bad, but he definitely doesn't care about the state of PvP that much. I'm pretty sure he's actually very disconnected from the game we're playing. I've always heard that GC plays a frost mage but I don't think he balances the game in their favor, that would be ridiculous. He just needs to make sure that balance is priority number one when it comes to PvP. Blanket nerfs with collateral damage are completely unhelpful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly i dont see with the existence of transmog - why they don't just make pvpers have the same gear all season.
    If they want a fair system that acknowledges achievement - then gear appearance should fit the bill, like it does for challenge modes.
    It would be representative of a season, like titles and drakes show the pinnacles of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by the9tail View Post
    Honestly i dont see with the existence of transmog - why they don't just make pvpers have the same gear all season.
    If they want a fair system that acknowledges achievement - then gear appearance should fit the bill, like it does for challenge modes.
    It would be representative of a season, like titles and drakes show the pinnacles of the season.
    Indeed, and what came to my mind:
    1800 rating - bronze quality vanity items
    2200 rating - silver quality vanity items
    2500 rating (and only from 3v3 and 5v5) - gold quality vanity items + cool looking weapons
    All gear should be from honor, and arenas should give honor insted of conquest (This way arena people can just do arena matches to get honor, insted of being forced into BGs)
    RBG, not sure if this should give the same vanity gear, as it is kinda another aspect of PvP (I've done about 5 RBGs my life, so I cant realy talk much about this), and they do get to use the old Grand Marshal/High Warlord gear, right?
    But add something similar from RBG, but not the same looking as arena - this way you can see if that player is a good RBG and teamplayer, or an arena player and better at smaller fights.

This system would work very good, in my opinion. Now the only problem would be class balance, but face it - we will never be balanced in an MMO game. Go play CoD or BF if you want some sort of PvP balance (Or LoL and DotA, never played those though)
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    1) Stop blaming everything on GC just because he's the only dev whose name you know. Hundreds of people work on WoW, GC doesn't control everything. You're just painting yourself as an irrational hater.

2) They released a new expansion where they radically changed the whole talent system and now PVP is broken? Wow, stop the presses!
    1. Yeah i should pity him because obviously my class killed his family as he says.

2. It completely SUCKS because they ignore EVERYONE = unbalanced. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Deoxysprime View Post
    Now I don't think GC is quite that bad, but he definitely doesn't care about the state of PvP that much. I'm pretty sure he's actually very disconnected from the game we're playing. I've always heard that GC plays a frost mage but I don't think he balances the game in their favor, that would be ridiculous. He just needs to make sure that balance is priority number one when it comes to PvP. Blanket nerfs with collateral damage are completely unhelpful.
    i remember back in 07-08 kalgan played a frost mage and nerfed/buffed in favor of HIM. how the fuck was he not fired for that?!

get rid of that terrorist asap!

Deleted
    I miss Cold Blood and Overkill. If we got them back and Shadowstep was made baseline then rogues would be viable again.

All it takes are a few simple changes and we can turn things around, but Mr Ghostcrawler has to wait 6 months for all rogues to go extinct first before he'll do anything about it.

That's really frustrating.

meanwhile he thinks thirst for blood is ok as is

not defending GC in any way, but he said pvp should be based on gear AND skill, not only one of them. and you need to have some kind of barriers of entry in to higher brackets which is basically having full dreadful/malevolent/t1 gear which makes sense. if you can get to 2500 with dungeon blues(equivalent to getting to 2500 with full dreadful) whats the point in getting dreadful or its existence at all?