Deleted

Question Help with lagg spikes

Hi, so i recently started getting these really weird lagg spikes where ill go from 30-ms all the way up to 1000+ms.
    I only get these on games like: League of legends, world of warcraft, basically i only get them while playing games. And it also affects slype so it will just drop the call.
    So this problalem cuts out my internet (yet the internet icon is still shows full barsw) but only when playing games.

Does anyone know any known issuces on this?
    I used wireless internet so if you have any questions about that or anything else feel free to ask.

A recent test on Speedtest.net said i have:
    http://speedtest.net/result/2329217853.png

Anyway thanks for reading and thanks in advance

Run a http://pingtest.net/
    Check your Wireless router/modem next time it cuts out, and call your ISP and have them troubleshoot the issue if its not your wireless.

Deleted
    The problem is it only seems to affect my computer. Every other appliance in the house is not affected by this problem.

Are the other appliances wireless as well?

If they are how many are on the wireless and how many on wired, perhaps your router is being overwhelmed. Have you logged in the router and made sure settings are correct?

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 02:11 PM ----------

Also, one thing that *could* be a problem... I had a wireless router and a wireless phone both were on the same frequency and they knocked each other out. Might not be your issue but something to consider if you have a cordless phone.

Deleted
    Noob question, how exactly do i go about logging into the router?

My provider is Bt infinity

Appliances: ipod,phone,laptop,2nd computer, and my own pc
    How do i check the frequency of the wireless phone? plus change it

many thanks

---------- Post added 2012-11-25 at 08:18 PM ----------

please help

Deleted
    Have the exact same problem.

Deleted
    What kind of games does it happen to you on?
    And do you have wireless?

Deleted
    If in Uk does it happen between 5pm - midnight?

Deleted
    Yea uk and any time really. Ill have 30 ms on a game then it will just go 1000+

I had about the same problem and decided to go with a wire when playing any kind of online game instead of wireless. Problem fixed since then!

Deleted
    Did you recently change your router or pc?

I get these types of lag with my free provided bullshit router if wifi mode N is turned on. If set to just use mode g then i dont get any lag spikes or dropouts.

Deleted
    okay thanks for the help guys. Unfortunately i cant go wired so ill try foils idea

It is probably wireless spikes if it only affects those games because they have a lot of data being transferred.

Deleted
    Thanks for the help!