Thread: Help on a quest

Help on a quest

During leveling I picked up a quest that ended up with me having to kill an elite named "Salvarola" (or close to that). I do everything solo when I can in rift and this mob (although barely) beat me and I decided to come back next level up and try again. Well, now I cannot find where to go -- I've been all over the Kingsgard* Kingssomething zone and cannot find it. The check on the quest list is greyed out and I'm on the part where you talk to the princess to start the fight. When you bring up the quest and click map - it doesn't point to anything. I'm scared to abandon the quest and lose it altogether - it seems an important chain... and I think this might even be the last step.

For anyone who knows - where on eart... I mean where on Telara I can go to re-initiate this part of the quest and kill that dastardly bastard Salvarola?

If I recall correctly, didn't you have to do this in the eastern Holdings? do you recall if it was the dream sequence quest chain? if it is, then its on the south of the map, there is an area that looks like a spider's nest.

I don't recall the name of the elite, so I may be very mistaken.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    During leveling I picked up a quest that ended up with me having to kill an elite named "Salvarola" (or close to that). I do everything solo when I can in rift and this mob (although barely) beat me and I decided to come back next level up and try again. Well, now I cannot find where to go -- I've been all over the Kingsgard* Kingssomething zone and cannot find it. The check on the quest list is greyed out and I'm on the part where you talk to the princess to start the fight. When you bring up the quest and click map - it doesn't point to anything. I'm scared to abandon the quest and lose it altogether - it seems an important chain... and I think this might even be the last step.

For anyone who knows - where on eart... I mean where on Telara I can go to re-initiate this part of the quest and kill that dastardly bastard Salvarola?
    If you're talking about the final bits of the quest chain in Kingsward, head all the way south, center of the map, up up up. Since it can be troublesome reactivating the quest to kill Salv, check out this thread on the matter

Quote Originally Posted by Acquiesce of Telara View Post
    If you're talking about the final bits of the quest chain in Kingsward, head all the way south, center of the map, up up up. Since it can be troublesome reactivating the quest to kill Salv, check out this thread on the matter
    haha you are the king of Rift knowledge. What you describe sounds right on. I will again try it tonight - but indeed you nailed the description. Actually funny you provided that link, It's all I found for this quest last night - but my problem is more basic I didn't know where to actually go to get back to it - because the quest Check mark marker isn't on the map.
    But I think you got it.
    Last edited by slime; 2012-11-24 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    haha you are the king of Rift knowledge. What you describe sounds right on. I will again try it tonight - but indeed you nailed the description. Actually funny you provided that link, It's all I found for this quest last night - but my problem is more basic I didn't know where to actually go to get back to it - because the quest Check mark marker isn't on the map.
    But I think you got it.
    Yeah, the quest is instanced, as you have to (IIRC) take the elevator up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like the Tower of Dawn chain quests, one of the better questlines in the game

If you made it that far, there is a porticuluum inside the Tower so hopefully you did pick up that, port in, might have to fight a few mobs to get to the elevator

About halfways up on the elevator trip you zone into the instance, have fun on the boss fight as the Prince, Princess and General are rendered useless by the boss so it'll be just you alone

Deleted
    I didnt have troubles in there but ive heard a lot of horror stories about that tower questline (it helped that I was the first maybe 2nd on the server to get there i suppose). The casual questing content is bugged, and the 10man "raid" content is at an even worse state. We're basically beta testing it now so that the cusuals who get to run in a month from now get to run it properly.

Yep guys it was the tower quest chain - and Acquiesce was right to send me south, finished it up last night and it was a pretty cool quest chain. Thank you for all the help, I won't normally open a thread on a just a question about some little thing like this quest. But, it's so early into the expansion - there are almost no resources out there yet (almost).

I've actually had a lot of luck following the Adventures In Telara subforum when I think there might be a problem with a quest or missing carnage. While the majority of everything is fine, it seems what few quests do produce problems, a lot of people post there to mention them.

The only quest that was a problem for me was the deactivating bots in Stormhold (Morban) and they brought the servers down and fixed it, just as I was trying to complete it. Everything else was working when I was passing through.

Carnages tied to events are really annoying. I had one I would go back to the spot on the map that was marked for these npcs and found nothing. Went back hours later nothing. Guildie told me the carnage I was doing was tied to the cape jule event and I could only complete it while it was going on. I did, but maybe something in the quest log would be nice - unless it does tell you and i missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by salamala View Post
    Carnages tied to events are really annoying. I had one I would go back to the spot on the map that was marked for these npcs and found nothing. Went back hours later nothing. Guildie told me the carnage I was doing was tied to the cape jule event and I could only complete it while it was going on. I did, but maybe something in the quest log would be nice - unless it does tell you and i missed it.
    Yeah that defend Tulan from the Storm Legion Carnage is the only one of the sort, as best I can tell. Never experienced another zone-related Carnage since, and I had the exact same issue as you Salamala. When I realized what it was related to I dropped it and moved on, as you could still get the achievement without it.
    Few days ago I was working on the waterfalls achievement when that zone event popped and I managed to get credit for it that time.