Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What to do with Scrolls of Wisdom?

Alright, I haven't been able to do much the last week other then log on and get my SoW-CD used on my 2 scribes. That leads to now having 14 Scrolls of Wisdom that hasn't been used.

Earlier I've just been crafting the Darkmoon Cards each day, but now when I need to catch up with 7 days worth of Starlight Inks, and I'm starting to wonder if it's worth the effort and cash to mill all those herbs.

Herb prices has been on the rise lately, with cheapest at about 40g/stack and Fool's Cap at about 80-90g/stack. Card prices are rapidly declining so I'm unsure what to do.

Any suggestions?

Cards are about the sole use for them, that have any constant value. The only other use is making the Epic 476 BoA Staffs or BoE Offhands.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

10+ Year Old Account
    DMC cards will surely be cheapER, with the availability of lesser good trinkets (but good enough for non minmaxers) from 16/16 LFR and more accessible normals. So get yourself a BoA epic weapon instead. Costs 20 scrolls.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

use it for crafting /selling off-hands
    make tons of gold w/o making any card

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I still make gold hand-over-fist with cards. Until this tier is over and done with, and the inevitable "ALL FREE EPICS ALL THE TIME!" dungeons come in 5.2, they'll stay relatively high. From the realms I've checked on via Undermine, the tanking trinket is between 4k-12k, the agi/str trinket is 20-35, healing trinket is 20-35k and the caster dps trinket is 15-30k. This is an aggregate view, of course, and could mean less-than-nothing, but that's what the all-mighty spreadsheets forsooth. So, if you're finding that you're not making money on the actual cards, that means that others aren't making money on the cards either. This is an easy way to make gold by making decks. One a good day, you can get all the cards you need for the higher selling decks for like... 8k, and either sell the deck for around 16 or wait and sell the actual trinket the week after DMC is done for triple your initial investment. There's also always that one card that nets more than the others, but it changes from day to day; I'd check the AH when you wake up and before you go to sleep to see how it shifts.

Just gotta be smart about how you play with them, and you can easily make good profit; it hasn't caught up on my server that herbs are 10g-20g a stack and cards are... well... not haha.

I still make cards. Each card costs 1 day and ~150g to make(I just buy the inks), and sell for 500g-4k
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Yeah, make cards and sell while you can. When T15 is released that's when the prices will REALLY plummet, so get the profit now while you can.

That said, you could take a gamble and hope they introduce new higher ilevel recipes in 5.3 that require scrolls of wisdom. Would be beneficial to save them for that. But of course, that's a total gamble, so hey. May not be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    I still make cards. Each card costs 1 day and ~150g to make(I just buy the inks), and sell for 500g-4k
    Wait, you can buy your starlight inks for 15g per? On my server they are 200g each, its more profitable just to sell the inks

Quote Originally Posted by Joshdatroll View Post
    I still make gold hand-over-fist with cards. Until this tier is over and done with, and the inevitable "ALL FREE EPICS ALL THE TIME!" dungeons come in 5.2, they'll stay relatively high. From the realms I've checked on via Undermine, the tanking trinket is between 4k-12k, the agi/str trinket is 20-35, healing trinket is 20-35k and the caster dps trinket is 15-30k. This is an aggregate view, of course, and could mean less-than-nothing, but that's what the all-mighty spreadsheets forsooth. So, if you're finding that you're not making money on the actual cards, that means that others aren't making money on the cards either. This is an easy way to make gold by making decks. One a good day, you can get all the cards you need for the higher selling decks for like... 8k, and either sell the deck for around 16 or wait and sell the actual trinket the week after DMC is done for triple your initial investment. There's also always that one card that nets more than the others, but it changes from day to day; I'd check the AH when you wake up and before you go to sleep to see how it shifts.

Just gotta be smart about how you play with them, and you can easily make good profit; it hasn't caught up on my server that herbs are 10g-20g a stack and cards are... well... not haha.
    This is why WoW economy is f***** up. Idiots with too much gold ruin the whole market because no sane person would buy those trinkets for triple the costprice and lose 16k gold. The average player has no chance on getting those decks without having scribe friends/guildmates.
    In the meanwhile the potions I make are undercut on the AH for less than the costprice. I might be a potion master but those few procs are really not worth it unless you can sell a lot of them which is not happening on my realm. Transmuting Living Steel without being a transmute master is pointless. You are better of buying Living Steel from the AH. Which idiots thought it was a good idea to drop prices that low.
    Cutting gems also barely makes sense. Prices go up and down like crazy some people post gems on the AH for less than the costprice which makes no sense at all other than if you got that gem for free somewhere. I have even seen people putting up gems on the ah for 3g 50s while the sellprices of gems are 4g, good going there people.

I farmed tons of herbs before getting alchemy and I have now over a 1000 potions and still herbs for another 1000. I sometimes sell a stack for 250g which is very high but people keep undercutting to 120g which I don't understand at all. With 120g you barely make a profit and you are better off spending your time doing dailies than making potions and putting them on the AH.

/rant

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the economy is fdup on my server too.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    Depends. On big realms cards wont sell good. On medium/small - go for them, big profit in small amount of time.

Deleted
    if you are rly lazy and dont want to farm inks, make a deal with someone , he pays the inks and you offer the scrolls and split money 50/50 or whatever you think is fair.

I'd wished I had paid more attention and I would have used them to make the BoE staffs for my alts. Oh well I guess I'll have to do lots of farming on my 2 scribes once I get the amount of scrolls needed to make the staffs.

Quote Originally Posted by bigsuirlife View Post
    use it for crafting /selling off-hands
    make tons of gold w/o making any card
    Entirely server dependent. They're going for ~5.1k as the highest, and 4.7k as the lowest (Jade is high, Red is low) and I could easily double that by the time you can make a single off-hand. Unless the server is really dead/backwater, I highly doubt you'll get more out of off-hands than cards/decks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    This is why WoW economy is f***** up. Idiots with too much gold ruin the whole market because no sane person would buy those trinkets for triple the costprice and lose 16k gold. The average player has no chance on getting those decks without having scribe friends/guildmates.
    In the meanwhile the potions I make are undercut on the AH for less than the costprice. I might be a potion master but those few procs are really not worth it unless you can sell a lot of them which is not happening on my realm. Transmuting Living Steel without being a transmute master is pointless. You are better of buying Living Steel from the AH. Which idiots thought it was a good idea to drop prices that low.
    Cutting gems also barely makes sense. Prices go up and down like crazy some people post gems on the AH for less than the costprice which makes no sense at all other than if you got that gem for free somewhere. I have even seen people putting up gems on the ah for 3g 50s while the sellprices of gems are 4g, good going there people.

I farmed tons of herbs before getting alchemy and I have now over a 1000 potions and still herbs for another 1000. I sometimes sell a stack for 250g which is very high but people keep undercutting to 120g which I don't understand at all. With 120g you barely make a profit and you are better off spending your time doing dailies than making potions and putting them on the AH.

/rant

The reason those people are rich is because they know that most people playing wow are stupid - especially when it comes to professions and how to make gold.
    People rush-level their professions to max to either just get the stat bonus and maybe make some gear for themselves for the first tier of raiding, or they rush to max skill thinking they can make gold easily but are outplayed by more intelligent people than them. That's why there's so many pots and other stuff you make while leveling for below mats price in AH.
    And there's more supply than demand for most stuff. There's really no need in LFR, and a lot of people just skip it in normal raids. I think it's mostly top end guilds that use any advantage they can. It's not like in vanilla wow where people actually used pots and stuff. I personally don't bother with elixirs(for example). Why? Because I usually pvp and if I die I lose the buff, so I don't bother. Blizzard should make all alchemy stuff persist through death.

if the miling effort isn't worth your time...just sell them to big cards players via trade. The net profit will be lower but you'll save yourself loads of miling and the annoying part of selling the cards. I'm expecting it to still be very profitable for me (ran 6 scribes first 2 faires, now down to 5 after turning main into JC) if I can buy in under the 500g/scroll mark(1200g being my guestimated 0 profit scenario aka net loss for time spent miling). Our faction is very low pop so its nearly impossible for a random play to buy 1-8 directly from AH though so I can retain a sightly bigger profit margin on the decks.

Making cards and making gold

Herb prices has doubled (or more!) after patch launch, and it's looking harder to decide what to do. With the amount of Scrolls I have I can create 4 offhands, the question is; will they sell? Herb prices are around 90-100g/stack, and there's not alot of them to go around. The most I see is about 20 stacks of Green Tea Leaves, if any at all sometimes.

FU Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by ninepointseven View Post
    Herb prices has doubled (or more!) after patch launch, and it's looking harder to decide what to do. With the amount of Scrolls I have I can create 4 offhands, the question is; will they sell? Herb prices are around 90-100g/stack, and there's not alot of them to go around. The most I see is about 20 stacks of Green Tea Leaves, if any at all sometimes.

FU Blizzard.
    You are looking at this wrong.

For one thing anyone who has been through an expansion as a gatherer knows that Blizzard was going to do this. There was far too much supply for the demand making the mats and the product virtually useless. If you make a car out of styrofoam which is everywhere then everyone can do it and the car looses value. Now herbs have a higher value because there is less supply and the same if not more demand. This is good for gatherers as they can charge a better premium for their herbs, its good for someone who gathers their own supplies because the supplies are worth more and they can charge a larger value for the product because it required more effort to create. The price of things made by those herbs will also go up to cover the cost of mats/time.

Now you can charge more for every card you make and there will be less cards made in x amount of time making each card more valuable. I needed to make 18 flasks for a friend and didnt have enough snow lily to cover the order, it literally took me 8 minutes to pull down 124 snow lily. Its like trying to sell snowballs in a snow storm. Who is going to buy something that is everywhere? How many nodes have you ignored because it is everywhere? Now do you find youself running over to a herb node while doing something else because you need it?

I just dont get how people are acting like they didnt see this coming.

Just pump out the cards till 5.2 and make gold while you can.