10+ Year Old Account

Warlock Tank- Has it been used on ANY heroic T14 fight?

A bit before MoP came out, I made a bet with someone that some guild, somewhere, will use a warlock tank to clear at least 1 boss in Heroic T14 content. Now that the tier has almost been completed, does anyone know of a guild that decided to use a Warlock tank for 1 fight, or anyway I can use WoL to determine if someone did?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

15+ Year Old Account
    What has happened to them anyways? In the beta 50% of all my dungeon runs was tanked by a warlock. Now I haven't even seen a single one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz "fixed" the warlock tanking back in beta so it's doubtful it's gonna ever be used.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    What has happened to them anyways? In the beta 50% of all my dungeon runs was tanked by a warlock. Now I haven't even seen a single one.
    Because you cant lfr or random que as a tank warlock, if you could they might with a skilled healer be able to do 5 man content, but i doubt raids, im a lock id love to tank raids but the skills just arent there to make it work.

i warlock tanked a ton of fights in BC.

good.
    fucking.
    riddance.

i have no idea why people want more fights that require ranged tanking.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

They basically only need crit immunity and vengeance. The rest of the stuff is there.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    A bit before MoP came out, I made a bet with someone that some guild, somewhere, will use a warlock tank to clear at least 1 boss in Heroic T14 content. Now that the tier has almost been completed, does anyone know of a guild that decided to use a Warlock tank for 1 fight, or anyway I can use WoL to determine if someone did?
    T14 hardmodes? WTF are you smoking? I hope this bet wasn't significant. I don't even have to look for proof. Probably hasn't been one used on normals even.

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 10:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post

good.
    fucking.
    riddance.

Ranged tanking and DA tanking completely different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Ranged tanking and DA tanking completely different things.
    no. they really aren't
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

10+ Year Old Account
    Our warlock likes to tank trash. goes well most of the time but other than that no.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

good.
    fucking.
    riddance.

Because it's fun and a break from the norm.
    @OP I remember them saying they don't want us as full time tanks but more like a dps warrior equipping a shield while you BR the main tank which without 8sec immunity isn't really possible in heroic raid.

no. they really aren't
    Since the thread in question is about legitimate warlock tanking, as opposed to the gimmicky kind of stuff you're referring to, I'd have to say that they are, indeed, quite different. Besides, if the MoP beta is any indication, any sort of legitimate warlock tanking spec would be a far cry from the idea of a "ranged" tank, which really doesn't work in MMOs and is, as stated beforehand, very much a gimmick.

That said, while Affliction will always be my favourite warlock spec, I would very much like to see legitimate warlock tanks in the future. Perhaps as a fourth spec split from Demonology à la the druid's newfound Guardian spec?

Deleted
    As a lock I tanked the Spirit Kings in 10-normal, but most of the other bosses can't be done because our taunt doesn't work on raid bosses anyway.
    But there's absolutely no point in using a lock tank, our dps in DA is abysmal and we can be critted.
    Last edited by mmoc79b51183ff; 2012-11-25 at 12:01 AM.

Deleted
    Anyone experience with it on garalon? We may give it a try tomorrow.

Warlock Tank- Has it been used on ANY heroic T14 fight?
    Oh wait
    Warlock Tank heroic T14 fight
    Warlock Tank- heroic T14 fight?
    roflmao, I know warlocks are OP in terms of simple clicking-biggest DPS, but do not overestimate their OP cooldowns for PVP.
    I better bet what would be nerfed first, warlock's damage, demonology burst or save abilities

Quote Originally Posted by Hach View Post
    Since the thread in question is about legitimate warlock tanking, as opposed to the gimmicky kind of stuff you're referring to, I'd have to say that they are, indeed, quite different. Besides, if the MoP beta is any indication, any sort of legitimate warlock tanking spec would be a far cry from the idea of a "ranged" tank, which really doesn't work in MMOs and is, as stated beforehand, very much a gimmick.

That said, while Affliction will always be my favourite warlock spec, I would very much like to see legitimate warlock tanks in the future. Perhaps as a fourth spec split from Demonology à la the druid's newfound Guardian spec?
    all the fights that used a ranged tank, usually a warlock due to their high damage reduction, good spell resists, as well as high threat searing pain spam, were NOT gimmicky, they were designed to use a ranged tank. using anything ELSE would have been a gimmick.

i've yet to meet a single lock who spent any time tanking in BC (myself included) who wants more lock tank fights.

if you want to tank, but all means, tank. its just warlock isn't the class for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Anyone experience with it on garalon? We may give it a try tomorrow.
    garalon is untankable, by all means use a warlock for a pheromone kiter, but you will also have to use a mage, a shadowpriest, a boomkin, possibly a healer, and maybe even a high mobility melee.

Deleted
    garalon is untankable, by all means use a warlock for a pheromone kiter, but you will also have to use a mage, a shadowpriest, a boomkin, possibly a healer, and maybe even a high mobility melee.
    In heroic below 33% it needs to be tanked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, ah well. Thanks for the heads up on tanking Spirit Kings normal, but looks like I lost this bet. (Was slightly hopeful)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.