Page 1 of 2
LastLast

lil addon help for shadow

iv been playin priest since mid cata i guess, anyhow iv only ever played as disc and holy but decided i would give shadow a try and im having issues keeping track of the dots...so i came here to see if there a DOT tracker addon that is similar to hotcandy cause i really enjoy the bar style of hotcandy its easy to see and manage? and if so what is it and how good is it?

I personally use TellMeWhen. Heres a link http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/tellmewhen .

I recommend NeedToKnow, it lets you configure bars on your screen with DoT timers / Cooldown timer / whatever.

Gnosis. 10char
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Quote Originally Posted by phirx View Post
    iv been playin priest since mid cata i guess, anyhow iv only ever played as disc and holy but decided i would give shadow a try and im having issues keeping track of the dots...so i came here to see if there a DOT tracker addon that is similar to hotcandy cause i really enjoy the bar style of hotcandy its easy to see and manage? and if so what is it and how good is it?
    I use fortexorcist for dot tracking. It's pretty solid, and works with very little configuration (although it comes with a lot of things other than just tracking DoTs, which you might wish to disable).

I also use gnosis for a castbar since it marks where the ticks for Mind Flay happen.

i like to use Button timers and set up what dots and cd's i want to track on BAR 2 so i can freely see what needs to be used.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    The expansion is not The Dark Below.

thanks all for the help
    Last edited by phirx; 2012-11-25 at 05:17 AM.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    A lot of different suggestions in this thread. But which one(s) are good for tracking dots on multiple targets?

Deleted
    Tidy plates shows the different dots on top of the health bars of mobs.

I use BIG spell icons on my target frame , they show the dot time like the hands on a clock when they end. no extra dot addon needed this way, just your xperl that does the trick.

http://i1062.photobucket.com/albums/...timericons.jpg
    Last edited by Dionysius; 2012-11-25 at 09:58 AM.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by namliam View Post
    Tidy plates shows the different dots on top of the health bars of mobs.
    That sounds awesome, gonna give it a try.

10+ Year Old Account
    ForteXorcist is the best multi-DoT addon for Shadow Priests in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    ForteXorcist is the best multi-DoT addon for Shadow Priests in my opinion.
    iv had several ppl recomend this one and seems to be the most popular so far...gonna give this one a try.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phirx View Post
    iv had several ppl recomend this one and seems to be the most popular so far...gonna give this one a try.
    My setup for you to start up with if you wish:
    http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2317#p19206

Deleted
    another +1 to ForteX here.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use ClassTimer and Power Auras. ClassTimer doesn't show Mind Blast as a dot so I use Power Auras for that.

Deleted
    Using Weak Aura's to track dots / procs / dots on focus / Big CD's and CD Duration for every class i got.
    Using CooLLine+ICD (its the same CD bar from ForteX, but only the bar without dot timers) addon to track the short CD's like Mindblast and SW: D and synaps springs (and PW:S and PoM) and to track the ICD of weapon/trinket procs.
    Using tidy plates for multi dot fights with more than 2 targets to track my dots.

Thats basicly all i need on every class i play (if u count grid with it)
    Last edited by mmoc3c8522fde4; 2012-11-26 at 10:53 AM.

I'll tell you witch ones i love to use, Needtoknow(set up to track MB cd, VT and SW:P). And Tidyplates(this one helps a bunch in those multi dott places).
    Tidyplates show you the dotts on top of the plate frame. Witch is realy nice when youre tracking on several mobbs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reakash View Post
    I recommend NeedToKnow, it lets you configure bars on your screen with DoT timers / Cooldown timer / whatever.
    NeedToKnow is my favorite too, it's easy to setup and and lets you create bars for anything you want, just the way you want it. http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/need-to-know