Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Helieos View Post
    Well regardless of the graphics card, I would try doing a re-install of the nvidea drivers by going to url... and downloading the latest version. If that does not solve it then you may have a physical issue. In which case you will probably not be able to do anything without assistance from someone that has experience taking laptops and AIOs apart. I have replaced the motherboard in a HP AIO and it was the most complicated, pain in the ass system I have ever dealt with. Worst then any laptop I have fixed.
    just because if the drivers reinstall does not work doesn't necessary make it a hardware issue. NVidia is known to have the worst drivers out with problems with crashing, ever since Microsoft got harder on drivers after vista and up with tdr (which should be turned off because 90% of the time this is what cause gcard bosd and resets everytime). depending on the error he is getting and if his chip/gcard is not overheating its most likely tdr problem which can be turned off in the registry.

Not to mention the horizontal dimension of the card.
    PCI-E riser

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellord1 View Post
    just because if the drivers reinstall does not work doesn't necessary make it a hardware issue. NVidia is known to have the worst drivers out with problems with crashing, ever since Microsoft got harder on drivers after vista and up with tdr (which should be turned off because 90% of the time this is what cause gcard bosd and resets everytime). depending on the error he is getting and if his chip/gcard is not overheating its most likely tdr problem which can be turned off in the registry.
    I don't know about all that, ive used nvidia products for many years never had a single issue, I would go with them over ATI any day! My gtx 580 has been trucking along ever since I got it on release...

Quote Originally Posted by hellord1 View Post
    I know, but we are dealing with someone who does not seem to be computer savvy and would probably not know how to do any of that. Im just trying to give him the easiest solution that he can do on his own. If the drivers don't work, I wouldn't expect him to go into the registry and change things without supervision, would you?
    ​MoBo: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | CPU: Intel 4770k @ 4.5Ghz | GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 4Gb | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB @ 1866Mhz | Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, ADATA SU800 256GB, Hitachi Deskstar 3TB HDD | PSU: SeaSonic X Series 80+ Gold 850W | Cooler: NZXT Kraken x62 | Case: NZXT H510 Elite

Quote Originally Posted by jmmathe1988 View Post
    I don't know about all that, ive used nvidia products for many years never had a single issue, I would go with them over ATI any day! My gtx 580 has been trucking along ever since I got it on release...
    I am not saying NVidia cards are bad or anything since hell I got gtx580 to but for gaming on some computers tdr can cause problems for some users

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    PCI-E riser
    I could have used that a few times for various projects. >.<
    ​MoBo: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | CPU: Intel 4770k @ 4.5Ghz | GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 4Gb | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB @ 1866Mhz | Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, ADATA SU800 256GB, Hitachi Deskstar 3TB HDD | PSU: SeaSonic X Series 80+ Gold 850W | Cooler: NZXT Kraken x62 | Case: NZXT H510 Elite

I know, but we are dealing with someone who does not seem to be computer savvy and would probably not know how to do any of that. Im just trying to give him the easiest solution that he can do on his own. If the drivers don't work, I wouldn't expect him to go into the registry and change things without supervision, would you?
    true it is dangerous for a computer newbie to go into the registry and change some stuff in there but there are guides or reg file installers to change/add files to them to that can work. I am just saying that I had this problem in the past with a gtx 285 and have had others to and the only way to fix it was to turn off tdr.

OP has not responded in a while. We may have scared him off with out computer jargon. lol.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    OP has not responded in a while. We may have scared him off with out computer jargon. lol.
    Probably, its best though for someone with minimum knowledge to go to a shop...or ask people they know if they happen to know anyone that is computer savvy, go messing around with stuff you don't know and you maybe getting more than a blue screen!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jmmathe1988 View Post
    Probably, its best though for someone with minimum knowledge to go to a shop...or ask people they know if they happen to know anyone that is computer savvy, go messing around with stuff you don't know and you maybe getting more than a blue screen!
    just an update' j have sent my Pc For repair and they said Files are corrupted they have wipe out every thing and re install windows 7 . For two days i didn't have any problem then it started crashing again

i have Contacted microsoft about it they have done a. remote access w my pc took yhem 5 hours then came to a conclusiion that. softwarewise, noproblem. it might be the physical card needs checking

i have

packard bell L 5861