Creative / Fun ways to give money as a present

This year for Christmas both my niece and nephew want money so I was planning on giving them $100 each. When I was a kid half the fun was opening the presents not knowing what it was and I kinda wanna still give them that feeling instead of just handing it over or putting it in a card.

I need your help to find an awesome way to give it to them as my mind is coming up with blanks. The only thing that came to mind was to wrap it with something to make it look like something else.

Help me MMO-Champ!

10+ Year Old Account
    Could do this:

Put the money inside a small box, then put it in a bigger box. Repeat this until the box is about the size of a computer case box. Wrap each and every one of them and you'll find it amusing and yet see the rewarding look on the recipient's face as they find $100 at the end of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Get a small box and put the money in it, then wrap it up nice. Then get a bigger box and put the first box in it, then wrap it up nice. Then get another box and put the box inside it and wrap it up nice. Repeat for Boxception. Or you can fold the 100$ up nice to make it look like a 1000 at first glance, and for half a second the will think that they scored the mother load.

If you're going to give it to them in person, the night before freeze the bills in a thin sheet of ice. Present as "cold, hard cash".

Requires drying them after they melt, but I didn't complain when someone did this for me. Just make sure the ice doesnt get dropped and shatter.

15+ Year Old Account
    Friend of mine started handing the birthday boy 50 cent pieces over the course of the night at his party, by the end of it he had given him about $25. Every 10 or 20 minutes it would just be tap on the shoulder, pass him the coin and walk off without a word.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    -In a box with a brick

-Cut the bills in 5 and put them with tape in 5 separate boxes...

-Like the previous one 5 boxes only ONE contains a real gift. (Fill the 4 others with crap like kleenexes and such)

-A gift card for a prepaid credit card

-"tape it" inside a cheap t-shirt making them believe for a minute or 5 that the t-shirt is the gift

Turn it into a scavenger hunt.

You take a lock box (or locking Jewelry box), put the money inside it. Hide the key and and tape a letter to the box with hints on the keys location. Wrap the box up and give them that as the gift. Then sit back as they spaz out trying to find the key.

Quote Originally Posted by Somebodyelse View Post
    -In a box with a brick

-Cut the bills in 5 and put them with tape in 5 separate boxes...

-Like the previous one 5 boxes only ONE contains a real gift. (Fill the 4 others with crap like kleenexes and such)

-A gift card for a prepaid credit card

-"tape it" inside a cheap t-shirt making them believe for a minute or 5 that the t-shirt is the gift
    I believe cutting the bill into 5 pieces would likely render it unusable. From what I remember you need to have over 50% of the bill in one piece in order to use it.

For the girl you could crumple the bills up to look like flowers, and attach to pipe cleaners and make it like a money bouquet. My brother and I did this for our cousin after a play she did, she hates flowers and it was actually cheaper to use $1 bills than buy roses lol. You could do $5s or $20s if you're giving her 100 bucks. Not sure for the nephew though, a few good ideas posted above me, I like the "cold hard cash"

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    I believe cutting the bill into 5 pieces would likely render it unusable. From what I remember you need to have over 50% of the bill in one piece in order to use it.
    If you use clear tape to stick the pieces back together again (only tape one side so that they can check the security stuff like flourescent inks and watermarks) then banks should accept it in exchange for a new banknote.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    If you use clear tape to stick the pieces back together again (only tape one side so that they can check the security stuff like flourescent inks and watermarks) then banks should accept it in exchange for a new banknote.
    Ok, yeah it looks like you just need over half the bill, not necessarily all in one piece, but it needs to be provable that it's the same bill.

Oh I forgot to mention I am from Australia, our money is made from polymer which means it is hard to fold or crumple.

I like the scavenger hunt idea. I could get a lot of smaller bills and after each problem they solve they get some cash, and the last one could be $50 or something.

My nephew is a bit older (13), and that Futurama card looks awesome! If I find it here in AUS I'll definitely snatch it.

Edit: Actually I just saw the get a cheap shirt and tape it inside, that sounds really good too. My auntie and uncle got me TERRIBLE clothing when I was younger but there was no money in it
    Last edited by Schmittay; 2012-11-25 at 05:59 AM.

Step 1.) Get $200 in $1 denominations.
    Step 2.) Get a friend, or learn how to make yourself, a cannon-like apparatus.
    Step 3.) Load $200 into cannon apparatus.
    Step 4.) Explain on Christmas morning what's in the cannon apparatus, and that you're going to fire it, and whatever they get their hands on, they keep.
    Step 5.) Fire cannon apparatus.
    Step 6.) ??????????
    Step 7.) THUNDERDOME!

Great fun for the whole family.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Ok, yeah it looks like you just need over half the bill, not necessarily all in one piece, but it needs to be provable that it's the same bill.
    I had assumed he meant cut the bill into 20s.
    5 20s would be $100

10+ Year Old Account
    Every year that we put money on our Christmas list, our dad would make up some elaborate treasure hunt where it literally took us hours to decipher a map to find it. He wouldn't just do it with his own money, he'd take all of the gift cards and money from any of the family on his side that they planned on giving us.

The one that I remember the most was a long sequence of math equations which ended up giving us two numbers which we had to figure out how they related to where he hid the money. "13" "15" 1315 was the street address of the clinic a couple blocks from the house, and 15 - 13 = 2, which was the time the woman who had our money got on shift. I love my dad.