Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    main issue is that in 5v5 you have 34^5 = 45 millions different comps based on spec, and still 161,051 if you just consider class (which means 161k*5 players getting the title ), which makes quite a lot of glads handled out each season

There could however be some kind of "compensation" by spec, the system would have to look the "average" rating of a spec, and give a "bonus-mmr" according to the spec in the composition. Say if system sees there are few highly rated elemental, hpal and spriest, and that moonkin, marksman and unholy dk are really present in high rating, then even if a 2k5-rated elem/hpal/sp looses against a 2k2 moonking/mm/unholy dk, they won't lose much point, and the 2k2 team won't earn much either.

Main problem being how to compute this "spec handicap", given that classes that may be "good" in low-rated match may be "bad" in high-rating matchs, and vice-versa. It also totally ignores any synergies between specs (meaning that if two classes are really good if both are present, having only one might be a disadvantage).

so that 5 minute arena queues in 2.2k+ would become a 50 minute queues?
    So that i would always be playing against a mirror ( which most people really hate ).

No,thanks.

If you rank by spec, there are 5984 possible comps in 3v3 and 278256 possible comps in 5v5. Any player that really wanted to get Glad would find a comp within seconds of armory search. Hell, instead of players and teams trying to compete to find the comp with the best synergy to master it, everyone would be looking for a random stupid comp. Even if there was a few of the same comps, you'd be competing against 2 or 3 other teams...

If you rank by class, your whole idea is flawed because you would compare RDruid, SPriest, RPaly vs FDruid, DPrist, Hpaly and they are really not the same thing. You want to compare things that are similar, yet it's impossible via classes only.

Deleted
    This would mean that there could be up to 286 3v3 gladiators and up to 3003 5v5 gladiators per battlegroup. Aside from title inflation, I'm not so sure it would be a positive thing that people go for obscure comps because of lack of competition. As it is now, fotm compositions might not be ideal; I'm not sure this is the solution, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    so that 5 minute arena queues in 2.2k+ would become a 50 minute queues?
    So that i would always be playing against a mirror ( which most people really hate ).

No,thanks.
    No, you would not always play a mirror.

---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 02:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zylvith View Post
    This would mean that there could be up to 286 3v3 gladiators and up to 3003 5v5 gladiators per battlegroup. Aside from title inflation, I'm not so sure it would be a positive thing that people go for obscure comps because of lack of competition. As it is now, fotm compositions might not be ideal; I'm not sure this is the solution, though.
    1. This would be worldwide, not by battlegroup.
    2. You can apply a minimum rating requirement.

Both ideas should largely prevent title inflation.

I don't like it. If someone is better because of whatever reasons, including the choice of his comp, then he should be better and there should not exist sneaky ways around it. This idea is like being the fastest 100 m runner at the paralympics... nice, but no one cares. Well, maybe it would be OK if your gladiator title displays somethink like <Paralympics Gladiator> or <Class D Gladiator> . I wouldn't want a title which basically means that I'm the best of the worst.

I would want one thing for PvP more than anything else: INDEPENDENCE!
    I don't want to depend on others, give us 1on1. Balace doesn't exist, not even in 3on3, so it doesn't matter anyway.
    Increase damage and reduce healing over time in arenas with an arena wide aura, so that even a healver vs healer match is over in max. 10 min.

I could instantly play arena whenever I want, without having to organize my time and listen to all the problems my partners have. Independence.
    Last edited by Sarevoc; 2012-11-27 at 11:14 AM.

Deleted
    So basically you are saying that every football team should have the same players to qualify for UEFA cup. Not plausible.