Thread: 5.1 Changelogs

5.1 Changelogs

Not sure if any of you noticed. But the concluding 5.1 upcoming patch note does not include the following (Please tell me whether it has already been cancelled):

Ascendancy - 10% Energy Regeneration on top of 1 Max Chi Storage.
    Chi Wave/Burst - Nerf affecting Mistweaver only? Cause in current state it is indispensable for WW PvP, and as far as Brewmaster PvE goes it could use a slight nerf due to Vengeance relationship.
    Fist of Fury - No note on Haste rescaling to work properly

ascendancy is 15% energy regeneration on the last build.

The patchnotes are generally strangely incomplete. I´m not sure about the above mentioned abilities, but Renewing Mist for instance now ticks every 2 seconds down from 3, but the only thing the patchnotes seem to mention about the ability is the change of the number of targets it applies itself on (2 additional down from 3). I made screenshots of every ability and I guess I`ll just have to see what exactly changes in what fashion.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is Ascension the "go to" talent now for Brewmasters? I thought I had read that Power Strikes would still produce more chi per minute.
    Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragethorn View Post
    Is Ascension the "go to" talent now for Brewmasters? I thought I had read that Power Strikes would still produce more chi per minute.
    Ascension produces no direct, free chi.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    Who said it did?

I suspect Ascension will be better until you reach enough passive haste to get to the 13.333333333 Energy Regen mark, then it will drop down below power strikes. This is with no math or theorycrafting, just an opinion based on what I've read in the Brewmaster guides info on our stat "caps" as it were.
    WOW simply evolved to remove tedium that for some people celebrate as difficulty or work from the game so that people spent more time enjoying the game instead of seeing it as a job. -ZeroWashu

Quote Originally Posted by Neolithic View Post
    I suspect Ascension will be better until you reach enough passive haste to get to the 13.333333333 Energy Regen mark, then it will drop down below power strikes. This is with no math or theorycrafting, just an opinion based on what I've read in the Brewmaster guides info on our stat "caps" as it were.
    I'd still rather use Ascension, drop some haste rating, and instead pour that into crit/hit/exp. Smooth, predictable resource income is WAY better than 'random' procs (I know it's not actually random, but it feels like it).

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    That's a bit...misleading. Increased energy regen gives more jabs. I suppose it depends on your definition of "direct" but to ignore the jabs you get from the energy regen is, as I said, misleading.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neolithic View Post
    How would a talent that gives a percentage more haste become worse as you get more haste? It takes a meaty 9016 haste to break even between Ascension and Power Strikes for Chi gain (more if you're not hit/exp capped)*, and more energy as opposed to free Chi means choosing ascension also costs you more globals than Power Strikes for the same Chi. It seems to me that Power Strikes will remain the obvious talent choice for BrM.

*Calculations by Venyasure at EJ.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NotAddicted View Post
    How would a talent that gives a percentage more haste become worse as you get more haste? It takes a meaty 9016 haste to break even between Ascension and Power Strikes for Chi gain (more if you're not hit/exp capped)*, and more energy as opposed to free Chi means choosing ascension also costs you more globals than Power Strikes for the same Chi. It seems to me that Power Strikes will remain the obvious talent choice for BrM.

*Calculations by Venyasure at EJ.
    That was the quote I remembered reading. I won't have a lot of time to test the new changes before our raid tonight, but I'm interested in what kind of results I can expect with the new Ascension and a crit heavy build.

Can any American who already has 5.1 available please confirm or deny the ascension change on live, thanks.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    Can any American who already has 5.1 available please confirm or deny the ascension change on live, thanks.
    The servers aren't back up yet so I doubt anyone knows for certain.