Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tylenol View Post
    I wish I was in one of those guilds so when I went out into the real world I could put my WoW boss kill history on the resume, that would surely get me hired
    Funny, my guildies and I were talking about stuff like this the other day. Guilds like Paragon that have a working relationship with actual businesses, yes, I honestly think that listing their experience working with said companies and their efforts at teamwork and coordination could look good -- if it's to someone who's familiar with all it entails, or if they're given the chance to explain in a face-to-face interview.

If you're a serious recruiter for a serious company, you'd be a fool to not hear out your applicants (after the initial weeding out, of course, of unqualified applicants -- but, all things being equal ... if two people with a similar education and training pedigree come in, and one of them has experience with a working relationship with companies and can explain, in real terms, how they are able to unify people toward a single purpose, possibly having to manage disparate personalities, whatever that purpose may be ...)
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gratz to them. They deserve it. And I'm glad that an EU guild get the WorldFirst again.
    I have absolutly nothing against the american guilds, I really like Blood Legion and Vodka, but it looks like that they never tought about the fact that they can raid the new bosses 24hours before the eu guilds.
    I really hope the Video is coming out soon, that boss just sounds brutal on Heroic.

Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon.

Quote Originally Posted by spyke View Post
    Not to mention that US guilds have straight lines to the developers, most of the 'fixes' happen during their prime raiding time, and I know that some US top guilds have game masters on their roosters, and who knows what kind of 'secret' information they get before any other guild.
    That is ridiculous for a great many reasons. The fastest way to get fired from a GM position is to run around telling people on your regular account that you're a GM. The EU servers also have GMs, you know.

Deleted
    gz Method lol Blood Legion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Ummm, the nerfs hit 8 hours before Method's kill, about 6 hours before Paragon's kill, which were in mid-morning EU time. That means the nerfs rolled out IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT for the EU, whereas it was still evening and prime raiding time in the U.S. when they came out.

BL flat out got beat. End of story.
    It was 1 am central european time and that means it's (iirc) 2 hours later even in Finland? And since it wasn't clear when that hotfixed would go live, I am expecting Paragon raided all through the night, while for the US the hotfix went live at what 5 pm central time or something? So yeah agreeing there, and still no US kill, while US first is still 'up for grabs' (that makes it sound like there is no effort required, I know that's pretty f*cking far from the truth), that says something.

Big congrats to both Method for taking 25m WF and Paragon for 10m and overall WF kills. Very impressive and wtb vids

What I'm mainly getting out of this thread is, it took Paragon focusing on 10m Heroic for people to acknowledge 10m as a World First. Had any other guild finished 10m before Paragon if they were working on 25m, it would have been dismissed in a second.

Also, congrats to both guilds on a big achievement. Sadly, zbL could not take it to give the US some credibility, which seems poke we've lost since Death and Taxes have been gone for quite some time now.

Grats Method

Incoming kill video of Blood Legion posted over Paragon/Method like always

Is that it for raiding this expansion?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Grats to Method! Now make me an epic video of your kill!
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Is that it for raiding this expansion?
    You're kidding me right? You've been here how long and you think there's only one tier each expansion? >.>
    No, there's at least 2 more tiers this expansion.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Envisionist View Post
    US doesn't have a large enough pool of good players they can recruitment from that can afford to raid 18 hours a days. Not our fault our welfare isn't as good

Basically all hardcore raiders are either living at home, have a job which allows them to take holidays for progress or are students. That counts for both EU and US.

Paragon World First and World First 10m
    Method World first 25m

Both did a great job, and I doubt this encounter had any large differences in difficulties since the kills were so close to each other, it was just a matter of who gets the best luck(sometimes it happens lol) or who executes the strategy perfectly first.

Gratz to Paragon and Method. US never gets World Firsts on end bosses :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Envisionist View Post
    US doesn't have a large enough pool of good players they can recruitment from that can afford to raid 18 hours a days. Not our fault our welfare isn't as good
    Pretty sure US has more players than EU. Too bad.

---------- Post added 2012-11-26 at 12:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Deathitis View Post
    Grats Method

Incoming kill video of Blood Legion posted over Paragon/Method like always
    This. Isn't it enough that Blizzard tries to get the US guilds extra attention? Must MMO-C do it as well?

So...another kill would be nice. Find it a little odd that there wasnt a few more kills today.

Only day before (US) reset, pressure is on.

gz Method on world first; now just wait for vodka to take US first and collect those BL tears : ))) I think they are better at making movies than raiding, but could just be me.

i am afraid of ghosts ..

Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    Yeah but unfortunately nerfs affect the outcome of the rankings. If blood legion had 13h headstart on the killable version of the boss they Might have world first before method.
    Seeing as they still haven't downed it, 30 hours after Paragon's kill I would say that you're kinda wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    US still didnt get a kill yet

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Typical responses from the EU community as usual in this thread. Sad really.

Grats Paragon and Method on your kills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Less bashing and more congratulating.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.