Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    I am also talking about vanilla Naxxramas.
    I dont remember it being on PTR tbo, I know we managed clearing it still while not having a chance to test it before hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    I dont remember it being on PTR tbo, I know we managed clearing it still while not having a chance to test it before hand.
    So the public test realms were taken down the other day, and the patch was moved to the "Live Test Realms". One of these realms was Alleria. Though we managed to drop 3 bosses in the past 2 days (Anub'Rekhan twice, Noth once, and Instructor Razuvious once), this patch is still littered with bugs. During the first day of Naxxramas, after killing Anub'Rekhan about 4 times (will explain in a bit), all the instances reset across all the realms. No clue why, I won't complain too much about free loot I guess, but umm, why? On Anub'Rekhan himself, a bug that we reported multiple times during the PTR was not fixed - specifically, he impales people and knocks them into the air. If the main tank is sent flying, and Anub'Rekhan attempts to swing at the MT when he is at the peak of his flight, he will evade and heal a good 50% of his hit points.
    http://www.risen-guild.com/naxxramas.html

Kil'jaeden passes heroic Ragnaros today. Been a while since a boss was broken for a week like this.

Kil'jaeden comes in at 12 days. Higher than heroic Ragnaros, same as Majordomo Executus and just lower than Hydross the Unstable and Heigan the Unclean.

10+ Year Old Account
    Updated for this tier.

I see a lot of misinformation out there regarding how long bosses took to die so I thought I'd recreate this thread. DISCLAIMER: This thread is not trying to measure difficulty.

These are from the date it was possible to begin working on them, or the previous hard mode was killed. I'm sure people might quibble with some of them but I did my best. Going with 25-mans here.

This is obviously not indicative of their relative difficulty but it's interesting. Lots of caveats of course. Like Ulduar's design lending it to people being able to progress anywhere and various limited attempt bosses.

The reason Yogg-Saron and Mimiron count from the opening of Ulduar is that from day one it was possible to immediately go in and begin working on Alone in the Darkness. With other bosses it was 100% impossible to start pulls testing them out until the previous boss was slain.

#1 Ouro - 87 days from the Twin Emperors' death. (1 day from C'thun's death) 26th April 2006.
    #2 C'thun - 86 days from the Twin Emperors' death. 25th April 2006.
    #3 Yogg-Saron, Alone in the Darkness - 83 days from General Vezax's death. (39 days from STARS' previous Ulduar kill) 7th July 2009
    #4 Nefarian* - 75 days from Chromaggus' death. 26th September 2005. (15 minute respawn between attempts)
    #5 Ragnaros - 74 days from Majordomo Executus' death. 25th April 2005.
    #6 High Astromancer Solarian - 59 days from Magtheridon's death. (24 days from Death Wish's previous tier 5 kill) 24th April 2007
    #7 The Four Horsemen - 56 days from Gothik the Harvester's death to D&T's kill. August 25th 2006
    #8 Lady Vashj* <Coilfang Matron> - 54 days from being unlocked. 5th May 2007 (17 days for Nihilum's bugged kill)
    #9 Al'ar <Phoenix God> - 48 days from Magtheridon's death. 13th April 2007
    #10 Heroic The Lich King* - 42 Days from Heroic Putricide's death (first pull). March 26th 2010 (Limited Attempts)
    #11 Viscidus - 41 days from Fankriss the Unyielding's death. 5th March 2006.
    #12 Heroic Al'Akir - 38 days from being unlocked. (3 days from Paragon's previous tier 11 kill) January 22nd 2011.
    #13 The Lurker Below - 37 days from Gruul's death. (5 days from Morogrim Tidewalker's death.) 12th March 2007.
    #14 Algalon the Observer* - 33 days from Firefighter. June 3rd 2009. (Limited Attempts)
    #15 Morogrim Tidewalker - 32 days from Gruul's death. (1 day from Fathom-Lord Karathress' death.) 7th March 2007.
    #16 tied Kael'thas Sunstrider <Lord of the Blood Elves> - 31 days from Solarian's death. 25th May 2007
    #16 tied Heroic Cho'gall - 31 days from being unlocked. (13 days from 3/5 Bastion of Twilight) 15th January 2011.
    #16 tied Fathom-Lord Karathress - 31 days from Gruul's death. (2 days from Leotheras' death.) 6th March 2007.
    #19 tied Magtheridon - 29 days from the first 70 raid kills. (21 days from Gruul's death) 24th February 2007
    #19 tied Leotheras the Blind - 29 days from Gruul's death. (16 days from Hydross' death) 4th March 2007
    #21 Heroic Nefarian - 25 days from being unlocked. (13 days from 5/6 Blackwing Descent) January 9th 2011.
    #22 Mimiron Firefighter - 17 days from the opening of Ulduar. (8 days from Ensidia's previous Ulduar kill) May 1st 2009
    #23 Ra-Den* - 16 days from Lei Shen's death. April 11th 2013 (Limited Attempts)
    #24 Void Reaver - 15 days from Magtheridon's death. 11th March 2007
    #25 Loatheb - 14 days from Heigan's death. 17th July 2006
    #26 tied Heigan the Unclean - 13 days from Noth the Plaguebringer's death. 3rd July 2006
    #26 tied Hydross the Unstable <Duke of Currents> - 13 days from Gruul's death. 16th February 2007
    #28 tied Mythic: Kil'jaeden <The Deceiver> - 12 days from Fallen Avatar of Sargeras' death. 16th July 2017.
    #28 tied Majordomo Executus - 12 days from Golemagg the Incinerator's death. 10th February 2005.
    #30 tied Heroic Ragnaros (Firelands) - 11 days from Heroic Majordomo Staghelm's death. July 19th 2011.
    #30 tied Onyxia - 11 days from the first 60 raid kills. January 19th 2005
    #32 tied Archimonde <The Defiler> - 10 days from Azgalor's death. (6 days from Nihilum's previous tier 6 kill) 9th June 2007
    #32 tied Gothik the Harvester - 10 days from Instructor Razuvious' death. 30th June 2006
    #34 tied Heroic Spine of Deathwing - 9 days from Heroic Blackhorn's death. 22nd December 2011
    #34 tied Mythic: Archimonde <The Defiler> - 9 days from Mythic Mannoroth's death. 16th July 2015
    #36 tied Sapphiron - 8 days from Four Horsemen dying. 2nd September 2006
    #36 tied Gruul the Dragonkiller - 8 days from Maulgar's death. 3rd February 2007
    #38 Magmadar - 7 days from Lucifron's death. 26th January 2005
    #39 tied Reliquary of Lost Souls - 6 days from Supremus' death. 2nd June 2007
    #39 tied Heroic Lei Shen <The Thunder King> - 6 days from Twin Consorts' death. 26th March 2013.
    #39 tied Heroic Garrosh Hellscream <Warchief> - 6 days from the death of the Paragons of the Klaxxi. 30th September 2013.

#42 tied Kel'Thuzad - 5 days from Sapphiron's death. 7th September 2006
    #42 tied Kil'jaeden <The Deceiver> - 5 days from the opening of the third Sunwell gate. 25th May 2008
    #42 tied Mythic: Fallen Avatar of Sargeras - 5 days from mythic Maiden of Vigilance's death. July 4th 2017.
    #42 tied Sinestra - 5 days from Heroic Cho'gall's death. January 20th 2011.
    #42 tied Mythic: Blackhand <Warlord of the Blackrock> - 5 days from mythic Blast Furnace's destruction. February 20th 2015.
    #42 tied Mythic: Gul'dan <Lord of the Shadow Council> - 5 days from mythic Elisande's death. February 4th 2017.
    #42 tied Mythic: The Blast Furnace - 5 days from mythic Oregorger's death. (1 day from Method's previous Blackrock Foundry kill) February 15th 2015.

Honourable Mentions:
    #49 Heroic Anub'arak* - 4 days from Heroic Twin Val'kyr's death. September 6th 2009. (Limited Attempts)
    #49 M'uru/Entropius. 4 days from the opening of the second Sunwell gate. 4th May 2008
    #49 Heroic Sha of Fear. 4 days from the death of Heroic Lei Shi. 24th November 2012.
    #49 Heroic Dark Animus. 4 days from the death of Heroic Primordius. 17th March 2013.
    #49 Thaddius. 4 days from Gluth's death. 30th June 2006.

Thanks to SK-Gaming's handy list of all time world firsts and wowprogress.com.

http://www.sk-gaming.com/content/163...rld_first_list

Classic
    Burning Crusade
    Wrath of the Lich King
    Cataclysm
    Mists of Pandaria
    Warlords of Draenor
    Legion
    This is inconsistent. Some bosses you are taking the time since the previous boss was killed and some bosses you are taking the boss either 2+ pulls before (Mimiron/Lady Vashj/Lurker Below/etc).

Those bosses should be in a separate list.

ei Yes, Lady Vashj may have taken 54 days to kill, but she had like 8 bosses ahead of her that needed to die before you could kill her where as you are counting the time between Elisande's death and Gul'dan. If you want to be consistent, then you count the time when NH went up before M Gul'dan was killed (which also wouldn't make sense due to the time gate).
    Last edited by Saverem; 2017-07-18 at 10:03 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    This is inconsistent. Some bosses you are taking the time since the previous boss was killed and some bosses you are taking the boss either 2+ pulls before (Mimiron/Lady Vashj/Lurker Below/etc).

ei Yes, Lady Vashj may have taken 54 days to kill, but she had like 8 bosses ahead of her that needed to die before you could kill her where as you are counting the time between Elisande's death and Gul'dan. If you want to be consistent, then you count the time when NH went up before M Gul'dan was killed (which also wouldn't make sense due to the time gate).
    What?

Lady Vashj is counted from when you could pull her (death of the first five Serpentshrine bosses, specifically March 12th when Lurker Below was killed by D&T, 54 days from that is May 5th).

Lurker Below is counted from when you could pull him (Gruul's death, which completed Serpentshrine attunement.)

Mimiron is counted from when you could pull Firefighter, which was from Kologarn's death (I.E. Day one)

Gul'dan is counted from when you could pull him, which was mythic Elisande's death.

The only weird thing is stuff like Onyxia and Magtheridon which were start of expansion stuff so I counted from the first 60/70 raids killing anything.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2017-07-18 at 10:36 PM.

Deleted

Same with Mythic Blast Furnace. It's listed as 5 days but he wasn't even pulled until about 36 hours before it died.

Isn't # of days left alive kind of a bad metric to use?

Shouldn't wipe attempts be a better way to measure a bosses difficulty? Time left alive simply depends on how many hours per day were devoted to killing it (I could be wrong, maybe guilds have on average raided every day all day until the final boss has died since vanilla, i didnt follow it much back then - which would make the statistic relevant though the expacks)
    If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole.

Quote Originally Posted by awbaker View Post
    Isn't # of days left alive kind of a bad metric to use?

Shouldn't wipe attempts be a better way to measure a bosses difficulty? Time left alive simply depends on how many hours per day were devoted to killing it (I could be wrong, maybe guilds have on average raided every day all day until the final boss has died since vanilla, i didnt follow it much back then - which would make the statistic relevant though the expacks)
    Not always. Fight length can skew the number of wipes, or fights where missing one mechanic early on can instantly call for a wipe, or some mechanics can result in more wipes as it is practiced.

Take Avatar for example. Guilds intentionally let him phase just to practice ph2. You can't do that with most other bosses. That certainly had an influence on the # of wipes.

It also makes it hard to judge WOTLK bosses considering Blizz decided on a limited attempt system at that time. Or those like Algalon and Ra-den.

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    Same with Mythic Blast Furnace. It's listed as 5 days but he wasn't even pulled until about 36 hours before it died.
    It's impossible to say which guilds did pulls to test it out or went for it. What I can say is that Blast Furnace was available to pull as soon as Oregorger and Gruul died, and five days later it was defeated.

10+ Year Old Account
    What?

Lady Vashj is counted from when you could pull her (death of the first five Serpentshrine bosses, specifically March 12th when Lurker Below was killed by D&T, 54 days from that is May 5th).

Lurker Below is counted from when you could pull him (Gruul's death, which completed Serpentshrine attunement.)

Mimiron is counted from when you could pull Firefighter, which was from Kologarn's death (I.E. Day one)

Gul'dan is counted from when you could pull him, which was mythic Elisande's death.

The only weird thing is stuff like Onyxia and Magtheridon which were start of expansion stuff so I counted from the first 60/70 raids killing anything.
    But that doesn't mean they were pulled. Guilds spent there time on the easier bosses first before getting to them. When they killed Elisande, they had no choice but to work on Gul'dan since he was the only boss left. Mimiron took as long as he did to kill mostly because guilds didn't even bother with him until most of the others were killed.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

But that doesn't mean they were pulled. Guilds spent there time on the easier bosses first before getting to them. When they killed Elisande, they had no choice but to work on Gul'dan since he was the only boss left. Mimiron took as long as he did to kill mostly because guilds didn't even bother with him until most of the others were killed.
    That's why I put in brackets the days since the last boss killed. At the same time, we don't know how much guilds tested these bosses out or who went after them and didn't kill them. So I'm just putting everything by the same criteria and counting from when they were available to pull.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's why I put in brackets the days since the last boss killed. At the same time, we don't know how much guilds tested these bosses out or who went after them and didn't kill them. So I'm just putting everything by the same criteria and counting from when they were available to pull.
    Which basically affirms that the data you provided is worthless. If it's not consistent, then it has no basis. It's just random data that you're throwing out with no relevance with each other.

Which basically affirms that the data you provided is worthless. If it's not consistent, then it has no basis. It's just random data that you're throwing out with no relevance with each other.
    ? It's very consistent, it tracks the amount of time from when a boss was available to be pulled to when it died.

It does exactly what it set out to do. I was annoyed that people kept saying things like "M'uru lived for 3 months!" so I decided to compile all the kill dates and how long bosses lived. It's not measuring difficulty so of course it's worthless for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    This list is really confusing in my opinion, I know this is a longest boss list and not a final boss list, but one thing a lot of people look for are kills for final bosses. I think they should be listed in a separate section on the main post while keeping the non-final bosses in the current one, or maybe even just bold or italicize the final ones.

Additionally, some bosses just seem really out of place, or at least the facts that are put next to them. Bosses like Hydross and Void Reaver had a long gap because they were apart of an entire different tier while simultaneously being opened with T4, I feel like a better fact would be to replace the kill gap between the final bosses of the required boss to be attuned and instead put in when they actually set foot into the instance. I know the difficulty of them were fairly easy but I think it's safe to say attunements and some gearing did play a part in the date gaps.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2017-07-19 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Deleted
    Which basically affirms that the data you provided is worthless.
    This is a list of facts and they are never worthless. Anything beyond this list is speculation and I think you are well aware of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siniwelho View Post
    This is a list of facts and they are never worthless. Anything beyond this list is speculation and I think you are well aware of that.
    Wrong. The purpose of the list was meant to show the time it required to kill certain bosses and the problem is he's using a different measurement for half of them. Keep it consistent or don't bother. It's like he's using a yard stick for half the bosses and the kilogram for the other half.

Wrong. The purpose of the list was meant to show the time it required to kill certain bosses and the problem is he's using a different measurement for half of them. Keep it consistent or don't bother. It's like he's using a yard stick for half the bosses and the kilogram for the other half.
    The purpose of the list isn't the time required to kill them (which would be measuring difficulty, like I've said five times that's not the point and anyway impossible to measure because we don't know who pulled what and we don't have attempt or time counters for 90% of them).

It's the time they were able to be pulled and unkilled. Like I said it's there for historical reference when people are like "M'uru lived for 3 months" and a springboard for other discussions.

10+ Year Old Account
    The purpose of the list isn't the time required to kill them (which would be measuring difficulty, like I've said five times that's not the point and anyway impossible to measure because we don't know who pulled what and we don't have attempt or time counters for 90% of them).

It's the time they were able to be pulled and unkilled. Like I said it's there for historical reference when people are like "M'uru lived for 3 months" and a springboard for other discussions.
    Which doesn't mean anything. Might as well make a list that shows what each boss smells like while you're at it.

Which doesn't mean anything. Might as well make a list that shows what each boss smells like while you're at it.
    I just told you what it means but you're obviously not reading anything but what you want to.