Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ...
14
22
23
24
  1. #461
    Quote Originally Posted by IxilaFA View Post
    Well I guess you can say that 4 Horsemen didn't have any bugs or nerfs, but any fight that requires 8 well-geared Warrior tanks is seriously broken, and if you think otherwise I'll just say I'm glad you don't design raid encounters.
    you mean like 9 warlock, shadows and elemental shamans?xD watch method progress right now. Its seriously broken aswell.
    But tbh. comparing raiding and bosses then vs now is just stupid anyways. thats why the OP mentioned this is not a "raid difficulty thread"

  2. #462
    8 days for Uu'nat. One less than Mythic Archimonde, four less than Mythic Kil'jaeden. Two more than Mythic Argus, Heroic Lei Shen, Heroic Garrosh and Reliquary of Lost Souls from Burning Crusade.

    Tied with Sapphiron from Naxxramas 40 and Gruul the Dragonkiller from early Burning Crusade.

  3. #463
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    8 days for Uu'nat. One less than Mythic Archimonde, four less than Mythic Kil'jaeden. Two more than Mythic Argus, Heroic Lei Shen, Heroic Garrosh and Reliquary of Lost Souls from Burning Crusade.

    Tied with Sapphiron from Naxxramas 40 and Gruul the Dragonkiller from early Burning Crusade.
    its 9 days?

  4. #464
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashforcash View Post
    its 9 days?
    It is now. 8 days and 22 hours between Cabal and Uu'nat to be more precise.

  5. #465
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    This is all true. But the point of this thread isn't to compare them difficulty wise, just to clear up misinformation like "M'uru took three months!" when it was actually four days.
    Maybe it is just that it took most guilds that long despite a handful getting it faster?

    Looking back on wowprog I guess I was US80 on M'uru, but would have sworn I was closer to US15.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

  6. #466
    Queen Azshara reaches 7 days. Looks like the top guilds are pretty close though.

  7. #467
    What does the asterisk (*) mean?

  8. #468
    Quote Originally Posted by Queendom View Post
    What does the asterisk (*) mean?
    I believe it means that the boss was restricted in some way thus artificially increasing it's difficulty. You could not just bang your head on the wall eg. algalon was only up for 1 hour or some such.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

  9. #469
    Quote Originally Posted by Queendom View Post
    What does the asterisk (*) mean?
    It means limited attempts of some kind.

    Nefarian took 15 minutes to respawn after a wipe.

    Ragnaros was only up for one hour per week.

    Algalon was only up for one hour per week.

    The Lich King only allowed 20? attempts per week shared amongst all end bosses (eventually 50 it increased every week.) I don't remember precisely what the count was at when it first came out.

    Ra-Den only allowed 30 attempts per week.

    Anub'arak only allowed 50 attempts per week shared amongst all bosses.

    Lady Vashj also has an asterisk because she was killed, sort of, due to the encounter bugging out which Nihilum claimed as a world first but the first kill without bugs was later.

  10. #470
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    It means limited attempts of some kind.

    Nefarian took 15 minutes to respawn after a wipe.

    Ragnaros was only up for one hour per week.

    Algalon was only up for one hour per week.

    The Lich King only allowed 20? attempts per week shared amongst all end bosses (eventually 50 it increased every week.) I don't remember precisely what the count was at when it first came out.


    Ra-Den only allowed 30 attempts per week.

    Anub'arak only allowed 50 attempts per week shared amongst all bosses.

    Lady Vashj also has an asterisk because she was killed, sort of, due to the encounter bugging out which Nihilum claimed as a world first but the first kill without bugs was later.
    The ICC isnt even 100% correct. In ICC all the wing endboses had a shared amount of max tries. Means if you wiped for example on proffessor putricide 5 times you had 5 less tries on Lich King. Pretty stupid game design if you ask me :P

  11. #471
    Pit Lord Vorkreist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    ATVI Board Room
    Posts
    2,427
    Now imagine Kil'Jaeden on 30 attempts per week
    "I just don't want to pay taxes." - Bobby Kotick

  12. #472
    Oh some of these bosses are really crazy And when I can't kill them for a loooong time, I go to x30 tokill them and finally relax, lol

  13. #473
    Time to change Ragnaros to 5 days from the server launch
    Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    No surprise to see that list saturated with bosses from Vanilla and TBC; the era of true raiding.

    And people were complaning because they couldn't kill Heroic Imperial Vizier Zor'lok within the first few days. Pathetic.
    OMEGALUL
    Quote Originally Posted by skitz0129 View Post
    Raids from the resistance era should really be in a different category. So much time was spent farming that gear outside of the boss encounter.
    Ragnaros down with no resistances.
    Last edited by Baleful; 2019-09-01 at 02:16 AM.

  14. #474
    Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    No surprise to see that list saturated with bosses from Vanilla and TBC; the era of true raiding.

    And people were complaning because they couldn't kill Heroic Imperial Vizier Zor'lok within the first few days. Pathetic.
    Or you know, it's because Blizzard nerfs raid bosses that take too long to kill nowadays.

    Just look at Mythic Jaina and Mythic Azshara for reference. Jaina got nerfed after like 4 days then died the next day and Azshara got nerfed after a week and died as soon as the first raiding team woke up.

    Back when Vanilla, BC, and even Wrath were out, WoW was the only real competitive MMO on the market, so Blizzard didn't have to worry about raiders getting annoyed enough to jump ship to another MMO.

    Nowadays, they have other MMOs like FF14 raiders will leave to play if a boss is too hard. They can't leave a boss too hard or they'll lose the raiders. And although mythic raiders make up a VERY small fraction of the playerbase, the race to world first still draws a crowd on twitch and such, which brings in new casual players and subscribers.

  15. #475
    Legendary! Mush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,759
    Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    No surprise to see that list saturated with bosses from Vanilla and TBC; the era of true raiding.

    And people were complaning because they couldn't kill Heroic Imperial Vizier Zor'lok within the first few days. Pathetic.
    Ayy lmao

    Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    the era of true raiding
    You were right man

  16. #476
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    It means limited attempts of some kind.

    Nefarian took 15 minutes to respawn after a wipe.

    Ragnaros was only up for one hour per week.

    Algalon was only up for one hour per week.

    The Lich King only allowed 20? attempts per week shared amongst all end bosses (eventually 50 it increased every week.) I don't remember precisely what the count was at when it first came out.

    Ra-Den only allowed 30 attempts per week.

    Anub'arak only allowed 50 attempts per week shared amongst all bosses.

    Lady Vashj also has an asterisk because she was killed, sort of, due to the encounter bugging out which Nihilum claimed as a world first but the first kill without bugs was later.
    Nihilum exploited Lady Vashj on March 30 2007
    Method the first Guild to kill her legit on May 5 2007

  17. #477
    Are we going to separate classic from vanilla now?
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

  18. #478
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Are we going to separate classic from vanilla now?
    Why WOULDN'T you? It's obvious those are not the same thing.

  19. #479
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Why WOULDN'T you? It's obvious those are not the same thing.
    Classic fans love revisionist rhetoric when it works to their advantage, I don't see the problem with applying the same flawed logic to boss difficulty. Turn about is fair play, right? :^)

  20. #480
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    4,851
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Classic fans love revisionist rhetoric when it works to their advantage, I don't see the problem with applying the same flawed logic to boss difficulty. Turn about is fair play, right? :^)
    And we're going to see it every time new raiding tier gets released in Classic and previous "record" gets completely crushed. What's that? C'thun isn't the Ultra Mega Super Boss anymore now that he doesn't actually spawns adds inside walls and works as intended? Totally doesn't count! Bugs are intended part of the difficulty and if they make the fight impossible, that's *clearly* how Blizzard wanted it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •