Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkovius View Post
    Thats a relevant question how? My point is the top guilds nowadays or since cata can manage to squeeze a hell lot of more wipes in between resets now. Which makes it irrelevant comparing days since its not effective time wiping and the progress is getting more and more extreme for each tier.
    This is all true. But the point of this thread isn't to compare them difficulty wise, just to clear up misinformation like "M'uru took three months!" when it was actually four days.

There are so many factors that cannot be seen in these numbers.

The best example is that we have Heroic Ragnaros on spot 30, but it's the hardest boss in the game's history, without a doubt. Kiljaeden (Legion) on 28, and he is prolly second hardest of all time. And Mythic Jaina on 43, when she is prolly top 5 hardest bosses ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    There are so many factors that cannot be seen in these numbers.

The best example is that we have Heroic Ragnaros on spot 30, but it's the hardest boss in the game's history, without a doubt. Kiljaeden (Legion) on 28, and he is prolly second hardest of all time. And Mythic Jaina on 43, when she is prolly top 5 hardest bosses ever.
    The list isn't measuring difficulty.

Mind you, everything I've heard leads me to believe Kil'jaeden was harder than Ragnaros.

Personal opinion Top 4 hardest bosses at release:

Mythic Kil'jaeden
    Mythic Archimonde (before the ring it took Method 500 pulls, it got excessively trivialized by nerfs)
    Heroic Ragnaros
    Alone in the Darkness (guilds had three months of gear before it died, only 10 guilds on wowprogress killed this before the big nerf)

I know this isn't the point of the OP but since the subject came up, Heroic: Ragnaros was by far the hardest boss ever made.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, how come G'huun is not in the list?

Quote Originally Posted by Declaron View Post
    Also, how come G'huun is not in the list?
    G'huun was up three days after Mythrax died.

Why are we bringing this up back because? What's so impressive about boss becoming unkillable the longest when now we have almost most bosses already killable in under a week. Time changes mate. Move on.

The first boss I looked at was Magtheridon from BC. I remember that was totally unplayable for me because my FPS went under 5 most of the fight. You had to have a decent computer to do the channelers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I was bored with the Horde civil war plot in BfA the moment it started. Its a rehash. I'm expecting them it to be like 99% similar to the Garrosh story & then they do Shyamalan swerve at the end & then we'll see a bunch of comments & videos from people telling me "see its not 100% the same!" when that wasn't the complaint -- its TOO similar to the Garrosh plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    Ouro was mere hours after C'Thun was killed and neither should count since it was impossible to actually kill them pre-fix.
    in order C'thun is the last boss no C'thun... hell Twin Emps could arguably also be after Ouro except for the fact that Ouro was optional and skipped due to being unkillable.

Scarab Lord
    I know this isn't the point of the OP but since the subject came up, Heroic: Ragnaros was by far the hardest boss ever made.
    Considering the nerfs Kil'Jaeden *and* Avatar of Sargeras got before they were killed, this is highly doubtful. If KJ was untouched, he'd survive until Antorus - if not BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Considering the nerfs Kil'Jaeden *and* Avatar of Sargeras got before they were killed, this is highly doubtful. If KJ was untouched, he'd survive until Antorus - if not BFA.
    It's somewhat similar to C'thun. Except they fixed Kil'jaeden in a week instead of nearly three months.

Scarab Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    It's somewhat similar to C'thun. Except they fixed Kil'jaeden in a week instead of nearly three months.
    C'thun was bugged, his mechanics that didn't work properly, with enemies spawning inside walls and so on. That's different from KJ, who worked "fine", but his tuning was so absurd there was no chance of killing him without any changes.

As for Ragnaros, we don't know about any drastic changes, except for Blizzard admitting they didn't think about triangle strat, but they left it in because they liked it. So they did intend for him to be even harder, but ultimately decided against it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The first boss I looked at was Magtheridon from BC. I remember that was totally unplayable for me because my FPS went under 5 most of the fight. You had to have a decent computer to do the channelers.
    Correct. Everyone in our raid had to pan the cameras towards the wall when doing the cubes due to the FPS drops.

Hey, Restless Cabal reaches one day. Who saw that coming?

Pretty much noone.

Wasn't tested on the PTR for whatever reason, so it was a possibility

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post

As for Ragnaros, we don't know about any drastic changes, except for Blizzard admitting they didn't think about triangle strat, but they left it in because they liked it. So they did intend for him to be even harder, but ultimately decided against it.
    Not sure what your on about here, the triangle strat was necessary to downing the boss, the boss is literally impossible otherwise, it was designed this way and was working as intended, it was just really bloody difficult.

Scarab Lord
    Not sure what your on about here, the triangle strat was necessary to downing the boss, the boss is literally impossible otherwise, it was designed this way and was working as intended, it was just really bloody difficult.
    Blizzard admitted that they intented for raids to constantly rotate people in and out of safe zone, not to split into 3 different groups. Unlike most "cheese" tactics, however, this one was pretty clever, demanded good execution and the fight would be pretty much impossible otherwise, so they left it in.

All I wanna know is how it took people 17 days to kill Void Reaver.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    All I wanna know is how it took people 17 days to kill Void Reaver.
    I don't think they realized you could skip Al'ar right away. None of the bosses were PTR tested so no one knew anything about how hard they were or what they did. Death and Taxes was working on Serpentshrine Cavern at the time and wasn't touching the Eye.

Uu'nat at six days now. Seems like a pretty hilarious boss.