Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Hey, Restless Cabal reaches one day. Who saw that coming?
    Pretty much noone.

Hey, Restless Cabal reaches one day. Who saw that coming?
    Wasn't tested on the PTR for whatever reason, so it was a possibility

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post

As for Ragnaros, we don't know about any drastic changes, except for Blizzard admitting they didn't think about triangle strat, but they left it in because they liked it. So they did intend for him to be even harder, but ultimately decided against it.
    Not sure what your on about here, the triangle strat was necessary to downing the boss, the boss is literally impossible otherwise, it was designed this way and was working as intended, it was just really bloody difficult.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Declaron View Post
    Not sure what your on about here, the triangle strat was necessary to downing the boss, the boss is literally impossible otherwise, it was designed this way and was working as intended, it was just really bloody difficult.
    Blizzard admitted that they intented for raids to constantly rotate people in and out of safe zone, not to split into 3 different groups. Unlike most "cheese" tactics, however, this one was pretty clever, demanded good execution and the fight would be pretty much impossible otherwise, so they left it in.

All I wanna know is how it took people 17 days to kill Void Reaver.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    All I wanna know is how it took people 17 days to kill Void Reaver.
    I don't think they realized you could skip Al'ar right away. None of the bosses were PTR tested so no one knew anything about how hard they were or what they did. Death and Taxes was working on Serpentshrine Cavern at the time and wasn't touching the Eye.

Uu'nat at six days now. Seems like a pretty hilarious boss.

Quote Originally Posted by IxilaFA View Post
    Well I guess you can say that 4 Horsemen didn't have any bugs or nerfs, but any fight that requires 8 well-geared Warrior tanks is seriously broken, and if you think otherwise I'll just say I'm glad you don't design raid encounters.
    you mean like 9 warlock, shadows and elemental shamans?xD watch method progress right now. Its seriously broken aswell.
    But tbh. comparing raiding and bosses then vs now is just stupid anyways. thats why the OP mentioned this is not a "raid difficulty thread"

8 days for Uu'nat. One less than Mythic Archimonde, four less than Mythic Kil'jaeden. Two more than Mythic Argus, Heroic Lei Shen, Heroic Garrosh and Reliquary of Lost Souls from Burning Crusade.

Tied with Sapphiron from Naxxramas 40 and Gruul the Dragonkiller from early Burning Crusade.

8 days for Uu'nat. One less than Mythic Archimonde, four less than Mythic Kil'jaeden. Two more than Mythic Argus, Heroic Lei Shen, Heroic Garrosh and Reliquary of Lost Souls from Burning Crusade.

Tied with Sapphiron from Naxxramas 40 and Gruul the Dragonkiller from early Burning Crusade.
    its 9 days?

Quote Originally Posted by Flashforcash View Post
    its 9 days?
    It is now. 8 days and 22 hours between Cabal and Uu'nat to be more precise.

This is all true. But the point of this thread isn't to compare them difficulty wise, just to clear up misinformation like "M'uru took three months!" when it was actually four days.
    Maybe it is just that it took most guilds that long despite a handful getting it faster?

Looking back on wowprog I guess I was US80 on M'uru, but would have sworn I was closer to US15.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Queen Azshara reaches 7 days. Looks like the top guilds are pretty close though.

What does the asterisk (*) mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Queendom View Post
    I believe it means that the boss was restricted in some way thus artificially increasing it's difficulty. You could not just bang your head on the wall eg. algalon was only up for 1 hour or some such.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Queendom View Post
    It means limited attempts of some kind.

Nefarian took 15 minutes to respawn after a wipe.

Ragnaros was only up for one hour per week.

Algalon was only up for one hour per week.

The Lich King only allowed 20? attempts per week shared amongst all end bosses (eventually 50 it increased every week.) I don't remember precisely what the count was at when it first came out.

Ra-Den only allowed 30 attempts per week.

Anub'arak only allowed 50 attempts per week shared amongst all bosses.

Lady Vashj also has an asterisk because she was killed, sort of, due to the encounter bugging out which Nihilum claimed as a world first but the first kill without bugs was later.

It means limited attempts of some kind.

Nefarian took 15 minutes to respawn after a wipe.

Ragnaros was only up for one hour per week.

Algalon was only up for one hour per week.

The Lich King only allowed 20? attempts per week shared amongst all end bosses (eventually 50 it increased every week.) I don't remember precisely what the count was at when it first came out.

Ra-Den only allowed 30 attempts per week.

Anub'arak only allowed 50 attempts per week shared amongst all bosses.

Lady Vashj also has an asterisk because she was killed, sort of, due to the encounter bugging out which Nihilum claimed as a world first but the first kill without bugs was later.
    The ICC isnt even 100% correct. In ICC all the wing endboses had a shared amount of max tries. Means if you wiped for example on proffessor putricide 5 times you had 5 less tries on Lich King. Pretty stupid game design if you ask me :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Now imagine Kil'Jaeden on 30 attempts per week

Oh some of these bosses are really crazy And when I can't kill them for a loooong time, I go to x30 tokill them and finally relax, lol

Time to change Ragnaros to 5 days from the server launch
    Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    No surprise to see that list saturated with bosses from Vanilla and TBC; the era of true raiding.

And people were complaning because they couldn't kill Heroic Imperial Vizier Zor'lok within the first few days. Pathetic.
    OMEGALUL
    Quote Originally Posted by skitz0129 View Post
    Raids from the resistance era should really be in a different category. So much time was spent farming that gear outside of the boss encounter.
    Ragnaros down with no resistances.
    Last edited by Baleful; 2019-09-01 at 02:16 AM.