Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by OneSent View Post
    No surprise to see that list saturated with bosses from Vanilla and TBC; the era of true raiding.

And people were complaning because they couldn't kill Heroic Imperial Vizier Zor'lok within the first few days. Pathetic.
    Or you know, it's because Blizzard nerfs raid bosses that take too long to kill nowadays.

Just look at Mythic Jaina and Mythic Azshara for reference. Jaina got nerfed after like 4 days then died the next day and Azshara got nerfed after a week and died as soon as the first raiding team woke up.

Back when Vanilla, BC, and even Wrath were out, WoW was the only real competitive MMO on the market, so Blizzard didn't have to worry about raiders getting annoyed enough to jump ship to another MMO.

Nowadays, they have other MMOs like FF14 raiders will leave to play if a boss is too hard. They can't leave a boss too hard or they'll lose the raiders. And although mythic raiders make up a VERY small fraction of the playerbase, the race to world first still draws a crowd on twitch and such, which brings in new casual players and subscribers.

No surprise to see that list saturated with bosses from Vanilla and TBC; the era of true raiding.

And people were complaning because they couldn't kill Heroic Imperial Vizier Zor'lok within the first few days. Pathetic.
    Ayy lmao

the era of true raiding
    You were right man

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    It means limited attempts of some kind.

Nefarian took 15 minutes to respawn after a wipe.

Ragnaros was only up for one hour per week.

Algalon was only up for one hour per week.

The Lich King only allowed 20? attempts per week shared amongst all end bosses (eventually 50 it increased every week.) I don't remember precisely what the count was at when it first came out.

Ra-Den only allowed 30 attempts per week.

Anub'arak only allowed 50 attempts per week shared amongst all bosses.

Lady Vashj also has an asterisk because she was killed, sort of, due to the encounter bugging out which Nihilum claimed as a world first but the first kill without bugs was later.
    Nihilum exploited Lady Vashj on March 30 2007
    Method the first Guild to kill her legit on May 5 2007

Are we going to separate classic from vanilla now?
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Are we going to separate classic from vanilla now?
    Why WOULDN'T you? It's obvious those are not the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Why WOULDN'T you? It's obvious those are not the same thing.
    Classic fans love revisionist rhetoric when it works to their advantage, I don't see the problem with applying the same flawed logic to boss difficulty. Turn about is fair play, right? :^)

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Classic fans love revisionist rhetoric when it works to their advantage, I don't see the problem with applying the same flawed logic to boss difficulty. Turn about is fair play, right? :^)
    And we're going to see it every time new raiding tier gets released in Classic and previous "record" gets completely crushed. What's that? C'thun isn't the Ultra Mega Super Boss anymore now that he doesn't actually spawns adds inside walls and works as intended? Totally doesn't count! Bugs are intended part of the difficulty and if they make the fight impossible, that's *clearly* how Blizzard wanted it.

N'zoth reaches five days. Good for him.

Classic doesn't change a thing about actual vanilla. I don't think anyone actually cares how fast guilds that have farmed Ahn'qiraj 200 times can clear Ahn'qiraj again.

With TBC classic coming I hope they bring back pre-nerf High Astromancer Solarian. What a hilarious boss.

Sylvanas makes uh, almost three days but not quite.

Is Sylvanas the only endboss to die within 1 reset in the history of mythic raiding?

Not counting Xavius because he was a joke easier than Cenarius.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Is Sylvanas the only endboss to die within 1 reset in the history of mythic raiding?

Not counting Xavius because he was a joke easier than Cenarius.
    I think that was Jaina in BoD.