Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Does anyone hate the new Orgrimmar?

I use to play horde before they changed Orgrimmar. I recently went back to horde and I was disappointed by Orgrimmar. Not a single bit of nostalgia left there...

Anyone else miss the old Orgrimmar?

<---Alliance so not really.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate it to, and here's why. In the novel the shattering, Cairne Bloodhoof looked at the new, metalic orgrimmar, and compared it to being on par with that of hellfire citadel in hellfire peninsula.
    If you take the time to go to the hellfire citadel dungeons, you would realize how accurate a description this is. The same souless metalic walls and dark corridors. The same tyrannical effigies, the same belting steam and lava vent and cold, heartless constructs.

Hellfire citadel was a representation to the corruption that transformed the orcs into a group of marauding killers, and that same symbolization is now shown not just in orgrimmar, but across the board with Garrosh's reworked buildings.

Some might think this is a symbol of strength for the orcs, but it isn't, its simply them following a tyrants whim and having his example printed on there homes and lands. Garrosh might not be a fel orc, but everything he does, right down to the buildings and structures, has fel orc written all over them.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    I do however i like the new orgrimmar aswell but there is just something missing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post
    I do however i like the new orgrimmar aswell but there is just something missing.
    A soul? Something meaningful?
    #boycottchina

I like the metal style, but I feel like they left the job half-finished and I'm not referring to the incomplete main gate. It's like the city relies too much on general building models you can find in outposts too, so it's like a mess of 'let's throw this and that together'. What I would have wanted was unique building models burrowing into the rock like the old buildings in the Drag. The stiff canyons look kind of silly too now that we can fly there, the city should have opened up more with the Cataclysm.

I like it alot, comming from an alliance player. It feels so much bigger and epic than it's previous incarnation, something that can't really be said for Stormwind, which is just as boring as ever, just more shades of white.

Wow, cool. It's different from what I'm used to, so I have to "hate" it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    A soul? Something meaningful?
    please trassk just stop acting so freaking hordepassioante its just a freaking game i mean seriously your now asking for a soul for structures in fucking game , dont be so fucking pathetic just dont.

Stay on topic. Trassk is not the thread topic. - ML
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2012-11-25 at 05:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The way I see it, if people are attracted to a cold, soulless construct, then its saying pretty much all that needs to be said about them.

---------- Post added 2012-11-25 at 11:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    please trassk just stop acting so freaking hordepassioante its just a freaking game i mean seriously your now asking for a soul for structures in fucking game , dont be so fucking pathetic just dont.
    How about I don't care what you think, as a person opens a thread asking people to express there views. I'd sooner have an opinion of something then belting on about how its not worth discussing on a forum about a fictional game, then adding nothing else to it. Thats how debates happen brah.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2012-11-25 at 11:39 AM.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    The metallic structures of the new buildings give an impression of strength and savagery. More of a "Nobody fucks with us cuz we're bad" kinda thing.

However, I REALLY miss the old bank, and the old music. ESPECIALLY the old music, I can't stand new org music.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I don't hate it. I couldn't care less if it was pink with unicorns flying around... Because it doesn't matter. It's a place to AFK and use an auction house.

10+ Year Old Account
    I also have to say that I do like the "expansions", so to say, to Org (Upper level, not exactly an expansion, but its pretty nice, as well as the canyon into Azshara.)

I hope that, once Garrosh is de-throned, there will be some additional expansions to Org (The canyon into Azshara be remade into the Goblins party place, so they aren't polluting the waters, Blood Elves get themselves a nice aiery above the Valley of Strength, Pandaren move into the old Goblin Slum to help clean up the area. I would also like the Undead to have a sort of "dig-out" in the Cleft of Shadows, kinda in the middle above it, requiring elevator access!

i do. i liked it for a while... but now, i just can't stand it. i pretty much hate all of the world changes though.

Deleted
    dude whats wrong with you O_o

10+ Year Old Account

Shove off. While Trassk might get caught up a bit in the game's spirit and doesn't take to arguments very well, most of his posts are generally decent, well thought out, and has decent grammar. Unlike this post here that I am quoting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always wait for that wave coming through the canyons, washing everything away.
    Org is a shithole, the hands down ugliest place of all capitals.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the new org is amazing looking. Craps all over stormwind and old org. Also its never going to burn down again.
    Aye mate

Stormwind here, enjoy having your city not missing 20% of it as a smoking crater crumbling into the ocean.

It does indeed look worse than it did. This whole world revamp is just plain horrible, nothing got improved :/