Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    DPS pull ahead because they are doing their job -- beating down the enemy. When tanks and heals don't do theirs, you're being jerks. Pulling trash isn't an attack on your authority. Get over yourself, and try to be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by silmarilen View Post
    if im tanking and someone else pulls a group i just let them tank it, because apparently they think they can.
    if im the healer and someone who isnt tank pulls a group i dont heal them because apparently they think they can succesfully tank the group by themself.
    Oh yeah, i do that a lot as well. Any time on one of my 3 healers i see a DPS do a pull(and its not because of a bad tank) i will just let them go and give no direct heals. Gotta watch though some times it really is an accident, or due to a bad tank forgetting to put up his threat buff or some such.

However there have been times where i tossed that way of doing things out the window. Like back in LK where me and a mage guildy would go into a heroic and he would just start pulling, tanking pretty much the entire dungeon, with his DPS he could usually keep threat over the tank outside of tank taunts, even on bosses. And i would even toss in some DPS on the side while healing him. Im sure pretty soon(if not already) we will be at that point in heroics. Once gear is a little higher any class can tank a heroic with a decent healer... :/
    ^^Everything said above is purely the opinion of the person who posted it. Nothing said is to be taken as fact unless otherwise stated, and even then only taken into consideration as fact, and not an actual fact, as it could be wrong or in other ways misinformed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wadark View Post
    I have worked those terrible jobs in the past and then, as now, the last thing I wanted was to come home and bury my nose in the game to the point that I can't even enjoy it because the group is moving so fast I can't even loot. That, to me, is no longer fun. I like dungeons, and I want to keep doing them, but pretty soon I won't be because the people I end up with due to LFD make it not fun anymore.
    Amen Brotha...
    I'm a loot whore myself, and I WILL loot.. Don't matter whether I tank, heal or dps.

Who doesn't like it, deal with it.. If mobs weren't supposed to be looted, they wouldn't have loot on them.
    Looting goes pretty fast actually, especially nowadays with aoe looting. And it would go even faster if ppl would get their asses off the dead mob, so one can actually even click on it, or it isn't spread out all over the place. Then I don't have to walk back and forth. And I will walk back and forth.
    If it's too slow for them... not my problem.. They brought it on themselves.
    Feel free to vote kick me... if it's a lowbie instance, enjoy the wait for my replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostSkull View Post
    DPS pull ahead because they are doing their job -- beating down the enemy. When tanks and heals don't do theirs, you're being jerks. Pulling trash isn't an attack on your authority. Get over yourself, and try to be fun.
    Tank's job is to pull. DPS's job is to hit the enemy, not to pull. I tank at the speed that I'm comfortable with, and what I think the healer can keep up with. If that's not fast enough, they're more than welcome to speak up, but intentionally pulling ahead of me and making my task more stressful isn't the right way to go about it. But what do they care, they'll never see me again or suffer any consequence whatsoever because of it.
    If you don't like it, go on the internet and complain.

Deleted
    I want the dungeons to go as fast as possible. Having tanks standing around not pullin in dungeons that i can handle with a healer makes me pull stuff. it´s not rocket science to do WC. yes it makes it easyer for you to tank them if i don´t. But do you pop all defense cd:s all the time to make the healrs job as easy as possbile?
    i don´t see why tanks and healers have some kind of power to decide the rules for a group

Oh, one other thing with this as well. As my tanks or healers i play go, when this happens i most of the time put that DPS on ignore regardless of realm. I am sure quite a few other tanks/heals do this quite often as well. So in the end those DPS are just making their queue times go up ever so slightly each time they piss a tank or healer off doing this.

Of course i have put tanks/heals on ignore for all sorts of various other reasons as well. Though on my DPS toons i am a bit more strict about what other people i put on ignore from random dungeons
    ^^Everything said above is purely the opinion of the person who posted it. Nothing said is to be taken as fact unless otherwise stated, and even then only taken into consideration as fact, and not an actual fact, as it could be wrong or in other ways misinformed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostSkull View Post
    DPS job is to dps down the enemy which is kept by the tank. Healers are there to heal the group from incoming damage. But they don't have spells that heal stupidity. Pulling as DPS is stupid.

Deleted
    It's no fun tanking when DPS are jerks who pull. Ignore the groups and pull instead the next one. Let the healer deal with it. If the healer decides to side with you: Your win. If he can handle to heal you and the DPS group: All win. If he sides with DPS: Leave group.

If they do it once or twice, remind them that you are the tank and to let you pull.

More than that, you say "Want to be the tank? Okay." and proceed to let them die.

If they keep doing it, suck it up until you down the first boss and then drop group because you don't get the 30m timer if you drop after first boss (WARNING: a 15m timer is always applied to every player who queues for randoms and is removed if you complete the dungeon or wait 15m. If the timer is still on you, you can always do specific dungeons, or do something else as you wait)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mirthen View Post
    Oh, one other thing with this as well. As my tanks or healers i play go, when this happens i most of the time put that DPS on ignore regardless of realm. I am sure quite a few other tanks/heals do this quite often as well. So in the end those DPS are just making their queue times go up ever so slightly each time they piss a tank or healer off doing this.

Of course i have put tanks/heals on ignore for all sorts of various other reasons as well. Though on my DPS toons i am a bit more strict about what other people i put on ignore from random dungeons
    Hmmmm...... never really thought of this... Sure, I put douche bags on ignore, so I won't get them anymore. But never really thought of using it on a more broader scale... I might just start doing that.
    The more of us sane people do that, the longer the douchies have to wait... hehe

Quote Originally Posted by drulis View Post
    I want the dungeons to go as fast as possible. Having tanks standing around not pullin in dungeons that i can handle with a healer makes me pull stuff. it´s not rocket science to do WC. yes it makes it easyer for you to tank them if i don´t. But do you pop all defense cd:s all the time to make the healrs job as easy as possbile?
    i don´t see why tanks and healers have some kind of power to decide the rules for a group
    Because the responsibilities of tanks and healers more directly relate to the success or failure of a group. I don't like it, but its the way it is. Its a lot easier, even at low levels, to suffer the loss or incompetence of a DPS player than it is to suffer the loss or incompetence of a tank or healer. And that only gets more true as you get up to higher levels. DPS have the responsibility of damaging mobs, tanks and healers have the responsibility of keeping the group alive so that the DPS can damage mobs. So the tank and heals decide the pace of the group.

And if you, as a DPS, are not happy with that pace you can ask. Hell, you can even pull ahead, if you think you can handle it, but you forfeit any right to have me tank that particular group if you do.
    If you don't like it, go on the internet and complain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    It's no fun tanking when DPS are jerks who pull. Ignore the groups and pull instead the next one. Let the healer deal with it. If the healer decides to side with you: Your win. If he can handle to heal you and the DPS group: All win. If he sides with DPS: Leave group.
    and if they are all jerks, play a little round of payback. pull.... leave...... lol
    evil I know..

Quote Originally Posted by drulis View Post
    Yeah its all fine and good when the tank is slow as hell, then goes and asks each and every damn pull 'rdy?' or some crap. Those i can see it with. Me i never ever tank like that, i will chain pull till the end of the dungeon not stopping a single time even if DPS cant keep up(mana n so on). Long as the healer is there by my side and has mana... im pulling. When im doing that and its still not fast enough for the DPS... sorry but you got to go one way or another.

And blizzard decided the rules for the groups, Tanks pull and 'tank' the mobs, once threat is established(like a nanosecond these days) then DPS does their job and do damage to the mobs, the healer does his job and heals each and every person in need of it in the group.

The only way i dont mind DPS pulling, is like with hunters and MD... thats fine long as the healer is keeping up. Hunters can MD all they want to me, i learn my classes and how to handle them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, I have a rule that I follow for such people. "You pull it, you tank it" - if they pull by accident it's okay, but pulling just ahead, then I leave them to their faith, let them die. In the end, we know at low level dungeons that tanks are higher dps and at higher level dungeon, I let them die to make them get the point.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Tell the healer not to heal the specific dps that pulled, then don't pick up the mobs till he dies. That's what I do, and it works. Then try to vote kick the person if enough time has passed. People like that really need to be set in their place, and if they're unwilling to be taught what is wrong or right they don't deserve to play with other people.

I realize that its just low level dungeons and not really a big deal, ...
    Quote Originally Posted by mixerii View Post
    I can see what it maybe be annoying but those dungeons are so terribly easy that it really does not matter who pulls. I'd just stop looking at them as real dungeons, it's more like scenarios difficulty with heirlooms.
    Really hitting the nail on the head here.

My question is, am I a jerk for refusing to tank groups when a DPS player intentionally pulls them before I can? Do I need to just suck it up and either learn to live with it, or respec dps or something?
    You are, because you're trying to force your system onto others when there is no need for the system. Not trying to get the aggro back is one thing, but completely ignoring the pack is intentionally hurting your group.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    If you don't correct this behavior now, they'll be in this mindset at 90. Oh wait, it pretty much is.
    Them dying at level 90 is what's going to correct the behaviour, not an intervention at lower levels.

Also, these might be people who know fully well how to play. But fail to see the need for a proper tank at lower levels.

Oh and i never pull off of hunter pets when they have growl on( and/or a pet specced to tank which causes more threat gen in the end). i might pull off pets if the mob needs to be positioned right(cleaves, aoe attacks, so on). When the pet has aggro, i know most healers dont bother healing pets, so thats less work me or the healer has to do, and usually the pet will die in most higher level dungeons any ways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because the responsibilities of tanks and healers more directly relate to the success or failure of a group. I don't like it, but its the way it is. Its a lot easier, even at low levels, to suffer the loss or incompetence of a DPS player than it is to suffer the loss or incompetence of a tank or healer. And that only gets more true as you get up to higher levels. DPS have the responsibility of damaging mobs, tanks and healers have the responsibility of keeping the group alive so that the DPS can damage mobs. So the tank and heals decide the pace of the group.

And if you, as a DPS, are not happy with that pace you can ask. Hell, you can even pull ahead, if you think you can handle it, but you forfeit any right to have me tank that particular group if you do.
    There's also the issue that movement pulls outright cripple certain classes from doing any significant dps.
    Most casters need stationary fights to be at least somewhat effective because they have channeling time. A druid won't do a lot of dmg if all they can do is just moonfire around. You stand there, channeling your spell and by the time the cast time is up and the spell would go off, the damn mob is out of range.
    I argue that constant moving chain pulling is really that much faster, in contrast to stationary group kills.
    Best is to grab a couple or maybe three groups as tank, round em up and the group can burn em down with full aoe efficiency.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do usually wait to pull a pack until the previous one is dead, but I also don't stop unless someone dies or the healer needs mana
    This the the problem. These ppl doing dungeons with you have their own max lvled chars and they just want to get this one maxed out as well, and no one wants to wait for a tank who is trying to be polite. Its a lvl 38 dungeon for christ sakes, a mage could tank it. And waiting for dead ppl is a waste of time, let them fucking run in while you continue.

No one likes the mentality "i am the tank, i set the pace". You are not the boss of anything, u are just as much a member of the group as anyone else.

I've leveled a tank completely through doing dungeons, and when ppl start pulling for me, that means i am too slow and i set the pace up. The art is to have it as fast as possible without wiping.
    When your healers needs mana, u just pull without him, maybe not as big packs, but big enough that u maintain a decent pace, the healer will then come back when he has regened. Going slow is the most annoying thing in the world

And when i play a DPS in a lowlvl, i also pull for the tank if he is too slow, sometimes they get bitchy, like i assume you get, and sometimes they up the pace. The tank is not the leader of the group even though most of the tank carry that mentality around them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoonalol View Post
    wat are the 2 gob mounts.. i only know the trike

Yep, if dps continually pulls, let them continually die trying to tank. Sooner or later they will get the reason for having a tank or will simply get kicked by others in the group.