Deleted

[Feral] Some questions

Got a few *noobish* questions about ferals at the moment. Been trying to get myself around them but have failed a few times and now I feel I do need help.

1) How do you deal with OoC Thrash? I always end up using it on Shred as I just instinctively spam my shred key until something needs refreshing. It doesn't help that the OoC animation shows 1 second after it actually is available. is there any addons to help with this?

2) Secondly, I get the general idea of DoC. If I have just used a 5 combo point finisher and Predatory swiftness is up, do you spam shred you have 4 cp, use it rake and then rip? because sometimes I find that I do not have enough time to get to 4 cp before PS expires. Do you hardcast the Healing touch at that point?

Thank you for the help, much appreciated.

Deleted
    1) This problem is very common among feral druids and the only thing you can do is try and not spam your shred at least when you're not in danger of energy capping. "Missing" a thrash when OoC procs isn't the end of the world since you're still doing damage with shred but of course it would be best to use thrash in that case. The problem with OoC procs is that the game first has to register the autoattack in order to determine if OoC has a chance to proc (since OoC can't proc if you miss) and then activates the buff. However WoW's combat system works with an ability queue meaning that if you activate a spell/style while another is being executed the game will automatically execute the new one right after finishing the old one.

2) Ideally yes, you will want to hold out on using your PS proc as much as possible to get to 4CP first and then use those 2 DoC charges for Rake and Rip. However, this can be pretty hard most of the time with current gear levels (low energy regen, "low" crit --> shred only generating 1CP). In general it's good enough to use DoC to buff you Rake and if possible your Rip but it's ok to apply Rip without a charge of DoC. You should NEVER hardcast HT.
    Last edited by mmocb172fa1607; 2012-11-23 at 09:05 PM.

1) I agree with the above poster. I previously spammed my keys very quickly to use abilities as fast as possible (and during Berserk or other energy-cap moments I do still do this), but in general I've slowed down just a little bit so that I can easily register and use OoC procs appropriately.

2) I won't use the Predatory Swiftness immediately, but I'll keep an eye on the timer (I use NeedToKnow for this purpose and other self-buffs) and then use it just before I need to (re-)apply my next bleed, whether that's Rake, OoC-Thrash or Rip. If I don't need to apply any bleeds, then I'll use HT just before Predatory Swiftness is about to run out, regardless of what melee ability I'm going to use next.

I use PS in the last possible moment every time, sometimes you have to hope for a rake crit in order to get to the 5 combopoints for a DoC'd RIP. Never hardcast your Healing Touch unless you know that you are going to have a downtime where you can't dps the boss (Unseen Strike is a good example), you normally have NS to sync everything once a minute

Deleted
    Thanks for the replies guys

I thought weak auras would do the same for OoC procs that it does for combo points but it seems it doesn't. Guess i need to learn to just stop spamming shred as much as possible and start learning to pool a little.

Out of curiosity what do you mean by your comment about weakauras?

Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    Out of curiosity what do you mean by your comment about weakauras?
    WoW adds a combo point when (for example) shred hits, then tests if it's a crit, then activates Primal Fury, then adds another combo point, which can take a while. Weakauras and some other addons add a second combo point as soon as the crit occurs without waiting for primal fury, making accurate combo point display much faster.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blencathra View Post
    WoW adds a combo point when (for example) shred hits, then tests if it's a crit, then activates Primal Fury, then adds another combo point, which can take a while. Weakauras and some other addons add a second combo point as soon as the crit occurs without waiting for primal fury, making accurate combo point display much faster.
    It doesn't seem to work that way for me. My weak auras still has that annoying delay before it adds the second cp. If someone here can give me his weak auras combo point export i would be happy :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    It doesn't seem to work that way for me. My weak auras still has that annoying delay before it adds the second cp. If someone here can give me his weak auras combo point export i would be happy :P
    It is an export and video in the sticky guide here on mmo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Etapicx View Post
    It is an export and video in the sticky guide here on mmo
    Very sorry. I must have missed that. Thanks anyways