Deleted

Switching from 10man to 25man (resto)

Hello,

For most of the time I was playing a resto druid in a 10 man guild. Now I am switching to a 25man raid and am wondering if there are any major differences that I should be prepared for!? Is it basically the same? Are there people out there who can share their experiences with me? Do I need to change my talents? My playstyle? Do I need more spirit?

My armorylink: http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...dwich/advanced

regards,

Schändwich

You will do a lot less direct healing
    You will need more spirit as you will be using rejuvenation much more
    Your playstyle will simply be > wild growth and swiftmend on cd (don't swiftmend on cd if you know you can use it to heal more). Keep lifebloom on tanks, other than that just rejuv.

Deleted
    Main difference i notice when ever i try 25man .. is that in 10man u can do most of the fights not asigning healers to anything specific, while on 25man u should asign healers to for specific healing tasks a bit more then on 10man.

WG glyph becomes even more mandatory.

Nourish glyph becomes semi-viable as you're more likely to be able to rejuv 3 targets and use nourish (try to always use on someone who has a hot on them for more healing... this glyph only useful when you're pushing the edge of what your mana pool can handle).

It's much easier to OOM yourself blanketing the raid in rejuv if you don't pay attention (hence why I use nourish, since it's that or stand there and heal nothing).

You can use HoTW to DPS without people dying instantly since losing your healing for 45 secs is 20% of the raid's healing instead of 50% of the raids healing (assuming you 2heal 10m and 5heal 25m). If your other healers sucks use NV instead (you can macro it into incarnation to be lazy).

DoC is still worthless for resto.

Tank dmg is higher, so unless you're using ironbark to save someone from certain death it is even more important than on 10m to use ironbark on the tank taking dmg.

I can't read what I'm assuming is Deutsch, but your reforges/gemming/etc looks correct. Never hurts to get more spirit, but looks like all your gear has it or is reforged for it already.

Generally, 25m feels harder to heal because more people seem to stand in fire. Focus on raid healing more - your hpallies, shaman, and priests should be able to keep the tanks alive with only some help from you. Bringing a rdruid to 25m and having them tank heal is not the most effective use of your time.
    Last edited by Blackflag421; 2012-11-25 at 01:47 PM.

Deleted
    Alright, thanks a lot!! Tonight is my first raid, lets see what i can make of your advise!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    You will do a lot less direct healing
    You will need more spirit as you will be using rejuvenation much more
    Your playstyle will simply be > wild growth and swiftmend on cd (don't swiftmend on cd if you know you can use it to heal more). Keep lifebloom on tanks, other than that just rejuv.
    Be careful with too much spirit. Remember, the spirit flask is the "flask of two rejuvs".

You can read more about too much spirit at Hamlet's post here.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Deleted
    Your top 4 heals will be: RJ - WG - Swiftmend - LB
    Dont take too much spirit, i am running with about 7.5k spirit and it works quite well. THe extra int/mastery makes a big diff to throughput.
    THe problem with Rejuving people is that there is more healers who will snipe your heals.
    Keep WG and Swiftmend on cd.
    Keep Lb uptime as high as possible, for free Regrowths.
    Between Regrowths and Swiftmend you will have no problem keeping Harmony up
    Also take glyph of LB, alot of tank swaps makes this glyph awesome.

15+ Year Old Account
    On the note of keeping LB uptime as high as possible for free regrowths -- when you need mana conservation (and raid healing), when using incarnation, blanket the raid with a lifebloom, this should keep giving you a ton of CC procs for instant regrowths.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Deleted
    ToL, should always be synced with and LB blanket if possible. But if you got some kind of mana buff, like Stoneguard HC or garajal(hc/normal) then u can use stronger heals like RJ instead.
    With the change to harmony in mop, there is no need to refresh LB with a direct heal (unless it is a CC proc), you can refresh it with another LB cos it is alot cheaper, and our direct heals in 25m often overheal, as they are too slow.

Deleted
    Thanks again for all the info!!! I am aware of all the things like ToL usage etc though . The raid went well, I was 2nd in overall healing and always had plenty of mana to work with. What I was wondering about, is it worth keeping Mushrooms on cd in a situation where most of the raid is stacked and takes raid dmg? (The first three bosses in HoF all had situations like this) Or would you just use them when you have time to preplant them? Our wouldnt you use them at all? And if so, how many targets would I need to hit to make them worth to put on cd?

Deleted
    Shrooms are great in aoe damage situations. Well not great but the best we got between Swiftmend and WG if we dont want to go oom immediately. Assuming 0 over heal, then you will want to be hitting at least 5 ppl. You can preplant the shrooms on force and verve on Inquisitor, and you can get some good use out of them on Phase 2 Bladelord. They are really good on Garalon though, when you can basically use them off cd due to the high raid damage.