Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Permission to delete

Hello,

I'm trying to format my HDD, and delete all, because I have Windows 7 install on it, but I have all Windows 8 install in my SSD, and I'm guessing I only need 1 Windows to run programs/games...etc.

But when I try to format the HDD it tells me that I don't have permission from trustedinstaller, and I'm the main user of this computer no one else uses it but me.

What can I do?

Thank you!
    Case: Thermaltake A60
    MB: ASRock Z68 Ext3 Gen3
    CPU: i5 2500k, Windows 8.1 64 Bit
    GPU: HIS 6870 1gb
    PSU: Corsair GS 600
    SSD: Crucial M4 128g

Go into BIOS and clean the HDD from there?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel25 View Post
    Hello,

I'm trying to format my HDD, and delete all, because I have Windows 7 install on it, but I have all Windows 8 install in my SSD, and I'm guessing I only need 1 Windows to run programs/games...etc.

But when I try to format the HDD it tells me that I don't have permission from trustedinstaller, and I'm the main user of this computer no one else uses it but me.

What can I do?

Thank you!
    you need to take ownership of the remaining files

Have you gone into Control Panel -> System and Security -> Administrative tools -> Computer Management -> Format the drive you want in disk management?

Windows 7 doesn't trust you with the power to delete system files. You need to go to the windows 7 folder, properties --> advanced and assign your user ownership of those folders.