Deleted

Tsulong healing as restoration

Have yet to meet with him. Any tips welcome, should i use spirit link to bug the shit out of him? healing rain? riptide on cd? bother healing without the sunbreath buff? earth shield?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hopped in just now to help my guild with our first 25 kill (did it last week in 10, wouldn't recommend only 2 healers )

SLT apparently doesn't work (I didn't try it personally, but the other 2 resto shaman said as much when I logged)
    I must admit, I didn't actually consider Healing Rain, I just stuck to spamming GHW for the most part
    As for Earth Shield, probably worth it for the +20% buff from your spells
    Sun breath is almost certainly a must, even if only for the mana boost

Quote Originally Posted by ib_di View Post
    (did it last week in 10, wouldn't recommend only 2 healers )
    Depends on your comp. We ran 2-heals just fine, but we have Spriest, enh shaman, prot pal, guard druid, symbiosis'd mage and lock.
    All these offheals make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ib_di View Post
    Hopped in just now to help my guild with our first 25 kill (did it last week in 10, wouldn't recommend only 2 healers )

SLT apparently doesn't work (I didn't try it personally, but the other 2 resto shaman said as much when I logged)
    I must admit, I didn't actually consider Healing Rain, I just stuck to spamming GHW for the most part
    As for Earth Shield, probably worth it for the +20% buff from your spells
    Sun breath is almost certainly a must, even if only for the mana boost
    Ofcourse it's a must, what i meant was if i should heal when the buff is not present (between sun breaths). And why GHW and not HSurge?

You want to use Healing Surge over Greater Healing Wave with the sun breath buff, because Healing Surge heals for more than GHW per cast (when you factor in the Tidal Waves 30% crit buff), and casts faster, allowing you to get more off with the buff up. You also may want to consider getting Unleashed Fury for this fight (although taking Primal Elementalist and saving an elemental for each day phase is probably pretty close). You want to go into each breath with the ULE buff up, and a 2 stack Tidal Waves buff, and then just spam Healing Surge until the buff goes off. Make sure that you or another shaman have Earth Shield on the boss for the 20% buff to direct heals.

As far as healing the boss outside of Sun Breath, you should do it when you can afford to (and won't let raid members die), but should make sure that you don't excessively tax your mana by doing so. Definitely make sure you can sustain Healing Surge spam with the buff up; you should be able to get at least 4 off every buff.

Deleted
    Tips:

-Have Tremor Totem (with Call of the Elements for x2) readily available. If you tanks are doing it right you shouldn't get feared but it's good to have it there
    -Run with Primal Elementalist. You will be using your UE for HR before the day phase, plus you don't want to be wasting a global in the 6 sec buff window anyways
    -When entering the day phase Earth Shield Tsulong
    -Keep RT rolling on him and just keep your raid up, any downtime put heals into Tsulong
    -Shortly before the breath pop either of your elementals and channel their buff
    -As the breath is about to cast you should UE + HR under Tsulong and then RT him
    -If Ascendence is available pop it now
    -As the breath is casting you should have 2 TW stack and be pre casting a HS
    -Breath comes in HS lands, cast another HS, RT, HS, HS
    -Healing Tide does not work with the buff but it is still optimal for this fight. I use it on the transition into night phase where damage tends to spike

Have fun! :-)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amex View Post
    -Run with Primal Elementalist. You will be using your UE for HR before the day phase, plus you don't want to be wasting a global in the 6 sec buff window anyways
    -As the breath is about to cast you should UE + HR under Tsulong and then RT him
    -As the breath is casting you should have 2 TW stack and be pre casting a HS
    -Breath comes in HS lands, cast another HS, RT, HS, HS
    This somehow confuses me. Maybe because I know the ecnounter only from LFR, so if I miss something ctritical that leads to my confusion feel free to point that out

Question 1: HR to heal Tsulong? I mean, yes it's additional healing that is done, while it can be casted without the buff, but is it really preferable over a RT + 2x HS/GHW combo (which I'm doing all the time, also outside the buff)?

Question2 : I actually prefer UEing while the breath is channelled, so I can directly start with "the big heals" when the breath hits me. Is that difference just "personal flavour" or is your rotation clearly putting greater numbers on the boards?
    R.A.I.D - Resto at its destiny

Deleted
    Use Tremor Totem every time fear is going to happen, if you got more then one Shaman try to rotate each time. I always keep Healing Rain on the melee, since a fair few ranged go there aswell and it will be less overhealing then if you put it one a ranged group that prob moves entire time. Switch between Healing Wave and Chain Heal and night is best phase imo to use your cooldowns too. Once day happens, keep Healing Rain on the stacked up people while healing melee on the adds. You should really only heal when Tsulong has given you the buff that increases your healing. I prefer to make a macro /target Tsulong /cast Unleash Elements and then spam Healing Surge for next 6 seconds it will heal for a lot. Also make sure you got Tidal Waves stacked up before he does his breath. Other then that, it's just a aoe healing fight, I think the biggest worry are the fears.

PS: Don't forget to dispel Tsulong in day phase, best is to have one healer assigned to that.

has anyone tried conductivity yet?

Deleted
    Don't forget to use an instant cast greater healing wave if you've picked ancestral swiftness.
    Last edited by mmoc655d7a65ff; 2012-11-26 at 03:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayriael View Post
    Don't forget to use an instant cast greater healing wave if you've picked ancestral swiftness.
    Weell i guess it could get some use, but since im precasting and using healing surge there no point in using instant GHW

healing surge is 1.3 cast & gcd is also somewhere there.

tested some things out

best optimal talent choice is UF,AG,AS

make a macro like this

#showtooltip Ancestral Guidance
    /use Potion of the Jade Serpent
    /cast Ancestral Swiftness
    /cast Ascendance
    /cast Ancestral Guidance
    /cast Greater Healing Wave

you can use this once per day phase and twice during the fight.

MAcro sunbreath
    cast healing rain as timer counts down, cast UE on Tsulong as he cast sunbreath. After sunbreath goes off immediately use this macro and spam healing surge.

Normal setup
    Put healing rain down as you timer counts down and put riptide on something for tidal waves. Cast UE on tsulong as he casts sunbreath and start casting Healing surge (should land after breath). spam Healing surge until sunbreath ends. Collect loot.

Deleted
    Hm, I saw the highest heal for Resto Shamans on this fight is Ancestral Awakening, I watched movies and read upon it but somehow I cannot get it any higher then normal. On night phase, it's no big deal but in day I tried various rotations but all fail. I made a macro that target's Tsulong and puts Unleash Elements on it, then I spam Healing Surge till my buff expires. Then I heal the raid. It didn't do much of a thing. Other try I spammed GHW entire time, that when he uses Sunbreath, I put Unleash Elements on Tsulong and spam HS again, yes i keep Tidal Waves up.

Actually it put me on bottom of healing meters, but while I heal my own way I'm highest on healing meters. Lot of healers in my guild hate this boss, I quite like it but it feels like if my Ancestral Awakening is not up, I am doing something wrong. >.>

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=10949&e=11412 <--- actual kill
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=8970&e=9475 <--- try where I did better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puhree View Post
    Weell i guess it could get some use, but since im precasting and using healing surge there no point in using instant GHW

healing surge is 1.3 cast & gcd is also somewhere there.
    Yeah, but unless I'm mistaken greater healing wave will heal for more than a healing surge on average per cast assuming no tidal waves buff. If you have the choice between getting one more healing surge out and getting one more greater healing wave out, the extra healing will make it come out ahead. Of course, this is assuming you're casting it after tidal waves has ran out, which will be the case after spamming healing surges for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    tested some things out

best optimal talent choice is UF,AG,AS

make a macro like this

#showtooltip Ancestral Guidance
    /use Potion of the Jade Serpent
    /cast Ancestral Swiftness
    /cast Ascendance
    /cast Ancestral Guidance
    /cast Greater Healing Wave

you can use this once per day phase and twice during the fight.

MAcro sunbreath
    cast healing rain as timer counts down, cast UE on Tsulong as he cast sunbreath. After sunbreath goes off immediately use this macro and spam healing surge.

Normal setup
    Put healing rain down as you timer counts down and put riptide on something for tidal waves. Cast UE on tsulong as he casts sunbreath and start casting Healing surge (should land after breath). spam Healing surge until sunbreath ends. Collect loot.
    Be careful with using UE then an instant cast greater healing wave. The instant cast greater healing wave will consume one tidal waves buff meaning you only have one (or two with the set bonus) stacks left to use. It might be best to wait until you use it after the healing surges. Edit: Sorry, I somehow confused riptide with UE. Ignore this. Is there a reason you're not using tidal waves here?
    Last edited by mmoc655d7a65ff; 2012-11-27 at 12:31 AM.

I guess all layouts work but here's what I did (and I had a lot of lols doing so) :
    - pick Unleash Fury
    - precast RT,UE
    - enjoy 3M HS

I'd like to clear a few things : SLT doesn't work (would bo so OP) but HTT does work, it ticks for 250k+ x5 every 2 sec or so... pretty op if you ask me.

You shouldn't heal him without the buff, you could do it with a crit heavy setup and using HW but this isn't necessary IMO.
    Also mastery all the way !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Madhoof View Post
    This somehow confuses me. Maybe because I know the ecnounter only from LFR, so if I miss something ctritical that leads to my confusion feel free to point that out

Question 1: HR to heal Tsulong? I mean, yes it's additional healing that is done, while it can be casted without the buff, but is it really preferable over a RT + 2x HS/GHW combo (which I'm doing all the time, also outside the buff)?

Question2 : I actually prefer UEing while the breath is channeled, so I can directly start with "the big heals" when the breath hits me. Is that difference just "personal flavour" or is your rotation clearly putting greater numbers on the boards?
    1. The buff increases all your healing during that time (excluding totem healing), not just what you cast. So by having HR down under the boss you get ticks while the buff is active which will be greatly increased.

2. I would need to look at the numbers to prove but by running Primal Elementalist you will be gaining 10% healing on all the heals (including the HR you placed down earlier), so if I cast UE, HR, RT, (breath comes in), HS, HS, RT, HS, HS, all of those spells benefit. Surely 10% increased across all of those is superior to a 50% gain on a single heal in the buff phase?
    Last edited by mmoc03cd81e90d; 2012-11-27 at 11:24 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amex View Post
    1. The buff increases all your healing during that time (excluding totem healing), not just what you cast. So by having HR down under the boss you get ticks while the buff is active which will be greatly increased.

2. I would need to look at the numbers to prove but by running Primal Elementalist you will be gaining 10% healing on all the heals (including the HR you placed down earlier), so if I cast UE, HR, RT, (breath comes in), HS, HS, RT, HS, HS, all of those spells benefit. Surely 10% increased across all of those is superior to a 50% gain on a single heal in the buff phase?
    Thanks for your reply, I'll answer straight forward with a few details:

I didn't mean if it was usefull to cast HR at all, but if it was better to use UE for HR instead of the first HS. As far as I understand it would be more usefull to cast like this: HR > RT > UE > breath > HS > HS ...

Question number two actually didn't target at the question UF vs PE at all, it was mor like a second question about the same topic question 1 was about: ideal rotation.

Even though, I find this discussion right interesting so what are you going for: PE for boosting alle your heals a bit or UF to land one really big heal?
    R.A.I.D - Resto at its destiny

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Madhoof View Post
    Thanks for your reply, I'll answer straight forward with a few details:

I didn't mean if it was usefull to cast HR at all, but if it was better to use UE for HR instead of the first HS. As far as I understand it would be more usefull to cast like this: HR > RT > UE > breath > HS > HS ...

Question number two actually didn't target at the question UF vs PE at all, it was mor like a second question about the same topic question 1 was about: ideal rotation.

Even though, I find this discussion right interesting so what are you going for: PE for boosting alle your heals a bit or UF to land one really big heal?
    "As far as I understand it would be more usefull to cast like this: HR > RT > UE > breath > HS > HS .." is actually very interesting, and perhaps you could be correct.

Also in my previous post I realised a flaw in my PE vs UF comparision. Although for a single breath PE should outperform UF infact you won't be able to have a totem up for every single breath, therefore UF starts gaining some ground as it does it's 'work' for every phase.

I also find the discussion very interesting. So from the ideas bounced around in here it looks like the following could be the ideal setup and rotation:

- Spec AS, AG, UF
    - Keep ES on Tsulong during Day Phases
    - Use AS and AG as often as possible on Day Phases (with breath up)
    - Use Int pot at the same time as AG
    - HR, RT, UE, Breath comes in, HS, HS, RT, HS, HS

Question: Is it worth renewing TW stacks via Riptide during the buff phase. i.e what is superior?

HS (TW), HS (TW), RT, HS (TW), HS (TW)

or

HS (TW), HS (TW), HS (No TW), HS (No TW), HS (No TW)
    Last edited by mmoc03cd81e90d; 2012-11-27 at 03:13 PM.