Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Most of the issues with Skarner top is he doesn't really need the farm and many more champs can perform that role better. With farm he can become really scary, really fast, but I would still consider it wasted potential. Why secure one lane when you can secure them all from the jungle?
    This, listen to this.

Please play Skarner in the jungle and make the lives of all your team mates easier with your amazing ganks/saves.

---------- Post added 2012-12-01 at 05:05 AM ----------

To add to the 'not your average solo top' suggestions, you should give Amumu top a go. It's fucking hilariously good. Max your Tantrum (E) first, and combined with your defensive masteries you can easily dive the enemy in full minion waves without taking much damage. His shredding power is also quite outstanding.

Deleted
    I always make sure my jungler doesn't want to play Skarner first, when he takes another champ what is the harm in me picking him, especially considering how every game except 1 I did so far has ended up with me dominating my lane and being a terror for the enemy team?

No harm at all, but as has been said before, he doesn't need so much farm to be useful so all he needs is jungle farm & GP/10 at the start.

Seeing as he rockets through the jungle with his amazing clears, he can have all freedom to gank afterwards without having to think you might lose out on gold if the gank goes wrong.

@Rampant Rabbit. The point you made that he does not need alot of farm to be affective. Well there are alot of tops like that, and it does not stop them been played in the pro scene so I really don't think that , that is a valid reason over-all. Especially due to the fact he can 2v1 like a god from the games I have played

Okay, completely disregard the point I made that supports the comment I made on the low necessity of farm for Skarner.

To make life easier for you:

Seeing as he rockets through the jungle with his amazing clears, he can have all freedom to gank afterwards without having to think you might lose out on gold if the gank goes wrong.

Your point was showing how he is a better jungler, I have never disturbed that. Instead I have tried to show how he can do a comparable job to other top laners and do it as good as them in some situations

Sure, you're right on that. He's an overall strong champion so that makes it easy to come to such a conclusion. I simply stand by my point that he should be played in the jungle for the good of the whole team.

Deleted
    i (sort of) agree with you on it; when the jungler is deciding to pick his champ i give him a chance to first take skarner, only if he's sure he wants to play something else i pick him. luckily i hardly ever see skarner junglers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hephij View Post
    i (sort of) agree with you on it; when the jungler is deciding to pick his champ i give him a chance to first take skarner, only if he's sure he wants to play something else i pick him. luckily i hardly ever see skarner junglers
    Yeah once they nerfed his Q people seem to think he isn't that good in the jungle anymore. Which is just ridiculous.