Poll: Was tier 14 too easy?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Were raids to easy this tier?

It seems like world firsts just zipped past us. World first in the past seemed to sometimes take months. Do you think the raids were to easy this time around, or is world first not a good way to judge raids for the average playerbase.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I haven't completed even normal tier 14. I'm not personally saying that the tier was too easy, just that it seemed to go by faster then past tiers.
    Last edited by Chickat; 2012-11-25 at 07:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    [...] or is world first not a good way to judge raids for the average playerbase.
    For the average playerbase? No, definitly not.

Have you defeated all bosses on heroic? No? Then you can't say if it's too easy or not.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

not really, it's just the top world guilds have turned into something like championship teams with lots of sponsors and lots of money. they go about it in a very efficient way to get world 1st kills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    Have you defeated all bosses on heroic? No? Then you can't say if it's too easy or not.
    I quit wow until after Christmas, so i haven't even cleared all of even lfr. Im just going on hearsay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bosses nowadays are much more complex and difficult then they were in the past expansions, so no, not even close to easy. When you average a 501 ilvl and raid 18+ hours a day it might look easy to you.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

10+ Year Old Account
    The fights are definitely not too easy. However since they add so many things to help casuals clear content I would like to see a more competitive world first push that lasts more than one reset. A lot of additional interesting shit happens when a boss survives a reset. More gearing, more comp stuff, and more anticipation that's fun to watch. It's also fun to see how far people are willing to go to be #1.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems like world firsts just zipped past us. World first in the past seemed to sometimes take months. Do you think the raids were to easy this time around, or is world first not a good way to judge raids for the average playerbase.
    For the average base, not even close.

Since when have world firsts ever taken months? They usually fall within the first couple weeks at most. The only time they haven't is with LK (limited attempts) and C'thun (mathematically impossible so they say). Few other bosses have taken a few more weeks.

Amazing sig compliments of Alyajna!

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Don't know haven't stepped foot in a raid since first tier of cata.

Oh this one again, seriously?

Deleted
    This exact same topic appears every single tier.

A couple too many pushover encounters. HoF bosses 2-4 being decent examples.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Don't know haven't stepped foot in a raid since first tier of cata.
    why do you even play ? broken & unbalanced pvp cant be realy fun ?

Deleted
    They were easy FOR TOP GUILDS. Otherwise, they are hard (i'm 6/6 HC in MGV, 5/6 HC in HoF and 4/4 N in ToES 25 man). Sha of Fear looks hectic, i'm really looking forward to progress it. Only two bosses were undertuned (Blade Lord and Wind Lord in HoF) maybe Garalon, but i hate that fight so i didn't count him. MGV was supposed to be easier than HoF and ToES, but it was still enjoyable. This tier is very good, for me it's on the same level as T8 and T11.

Every tier ever was too easy as long as it wasn't part of BC/Vanilla. Ulduar, which took 74 days for the final boss to go down, was too easy, and Sunwell was super hard despite taking 5 days for the hardest boss in there.

But I think the difficulty was just right. Blizzard cannot balance raid instances around the world first guilds, as they will raid for 12+ hours at a time to get things down as fast as possible. By the time your average decent guild (lets say 9 hours per week) gets up to just the amount of pure PLAY TIME of a world first guild on its tier clear, it will be about 2 more months. That's not even counting the fact that they are of course not as good as the world first guild, so they probably wont have the tier cleared for another month or two. 4 months for your average 9 hour per week guild (which is well above average in the grand scheme of things) to clear the tier is perfect. As long as they come out with a new tier in 5-6 months.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

They never take months. Or, well, the only time they take months is if the boss is impossible for whatever reason (bugged, severe numbers check so need better gear, overtuned, etc.): pretty much every boss ever falls over quickly once the hardcore guilds actually reach it.

But hey, here's the problem right here:

I quit wow until after Christmas, so i haven't even cleared all of even lfr. Im just going on hearsay.
    Indeed. You have no idea of what the fights are actually like. So why bother making this sensationalist thread when you, by your own admittance, have no idea what you're talking about?

Of what I've seen, not at all. I think they're the right difficulty. LFR is easy for the most part, with a few parts taking some skill. Normal is a challenge requiring good coordination and skill. Heroic seems to be only for the best guilds out there. I do wish the world first's took longer, but how could they do that without making it impossible? I thought it was good how hard heroic rag was, but how do they make something that hard for the world first guilds while not making it frustratingly impossible for the rest of the heroic mode guilds?

For me, this tier is right where I think it should be in difficulty. I'm a normal mode raider. I raid 1-2 nights a week, put time into gearing my character outside of raids, but I don't do dalies everyday, nor worry about capping valor every week. I feel my challenge should be normal modes, and that challenge should last throughout this tier. If I have the entire tier on farm months before the new patch, then it's too easy (DS). But if I don't stand a chance of finishing the tier before it's over, then it's too hard. So if they don't nerf the bosses much, I'd say they got it right this time.

For a first tier, I thought it was mostly well done.

Gating allowed more gearing up than many other bosses. Without the gear, Sha would have lasted longer.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    Personally I felt with the amount of bosses, the difficulty was to my liking on the majority, however I think WoE and Empress were too easy for end raid bosses, Sha isn't particularly crazy either after the nerfs (though I haven't killed it yet)