Welp.

Welp, my boyfriend used my computer today, which HE NEVER DOES. EVER. And of course he came on MMO-Champ and decided to post something. He noticed someone else was logged in and has been looking for this post... And I can't delete it so this is awkward. BUT, Thank you all so much for your input! It is super appreciated!
    Last edited by WilddChildd; 2012-11-26 at 02:46 AM.

There'll be LOTS of info all over MMO-C and the warcraft launcher and fora as soon as they announce the date, you'd have to be REALLY quick to get tickets though, 2011 was sold out in 6 minutes iirc.

Okay! Awesome! Thanks for the super quick reply! What time of the year do they usually have it?

2009 it was in August, but for the past 2 Blizzcons it has been late October. They typically announce all Blizzcon info between Febuary - March.

15+ Year Old Account
    I cant wait for the release of info on Titan on blizzcon!
    (Dont step on my hope and say "they wont release any info on Titan >.< )
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Assuming there is one and they aren't too busy again next year!

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    I cant wait for the release of info on Titan on blizzcon!
    (Dont step on my hope and say "they wont release any info on Titan >.< )
    They won't re... um nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I went to blizzcon 2011. Getting tickets is purely a stroke of luck. We had 4 people trying, and one got through with a low enough que to get all of us tickets. To be honest, it's a bit over hyped. Sure your there and its all loud and stuff, but the people who go make you want to hide in a corner and die. Many times I would walk into a wall of B.O. or bad breath (yea that bad). I could justify going again if I lived there (I live in B.C., Canada), but the flight and hotel make it HARDLY worth the trip when you get an almost exact same experience watching it online/direct tv minus the hours waiting in line to do try their games/get in/get your goody bag.

Yay! I'm so excited! You guys have been super helpful! If anyone has any more info definitely let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Assuming there is one and they aren't too busy again next year!
    blizzard already confirmed there was going to be a 2013 blizzcon.

on topic though really the only thing you can do right now is save up the money and be on the look out for when they announce it then try to buy one asap before they sell out
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakushi View Post
    There'll be LOTS of info all over MMO-C and the warcraft launcher and fora as soon as they announce the date, you'd have to be REALLY quick to get tickets though, 2011 was sold out in 6 minutes iirc.
    Practically, they sell out even quicker than that. There is a queue system, and to get a position in the queue where you will get to buy tickets you need to get in the queue in the first few seconds after it opens. After that it does take a few minutes for the queue to get serviced far enough for the tickets to actually run out. But if you show up after a minute, you will get to enjoy sitting in the queue for a while followed by a "Sorry, sold out" sign.

Oh, and I try to get tickets just to give me an excuse to visit the US. Blizzcon is nice but seeing all the costumes is really the best part of it. Pictures, sure, but they don't usually do them justice. I also like getting to hear the developers talk about the game (Lore Q&A with Chris Metzen = win), but they post transcripts of those. You do also get to play some as yet unreleased games and you could get lucky and win a prize, but you could just as well sign up for the betas and join a prize draw online.
    Last edited by mmocf89da15ff1; 2012-11-26 at 12:09 AM.

Nothing to see here.
    Last edited by WilddChildd; 2012-11-26 at 02:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WilddChildd View Post
    I've read on a few websites that it can be really difficult. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed and get as many people as I can trying to buy them so hopefully I can get through on one of their queues! I know he knows about the whole smell thing and the crappy people that can be there but I also know he would love to go to one!
    the whole crappy people thing only really happens if you go solo if he goes with some friends or meets up with some guildies blizzcon can be a real blast. and if hes fans of any of the big youtube wow guys like jesse cox or crendor he can probably meet them their and their both pretty awesome guys
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the whole crappy people thing only really happens if you go solo if he goes with some friends or meets up with some guildies blizzcon can be a real blast. and if hes fans of any of the big youtube wow guys like jesse cox or crendor he can probably meet them their and their both pretty awesome guys
    I agree with this. I had a group of guildies go with me, and cannot imagine it if I were to go solo. If you go, buy max tickets and get him to get some friends to go. Highly recommended.

I would definitely go with him! I play WoW and so does he. And he is undoubtedly a Jesse Cox fan... Not like creepy or anything but he is an avid watcher.

If anything don't go just for Blizzcon. Turn it into a few extra day event like my guild does annually when we go and hit up Disneyland. But then again, we're content with just getting a large suite for everyone and getting hammered drunk every day we're there. Helps when you have access to a few of the more hush-hush parties, as well.

Also while the queue system can be a pain, I am currently 3/3 every year I have been buying tickets - Including 2nd day of ticket release when I buy for someone else. Best thing to do is start refreshing about 3-5 minutes before they go on sale, and be ready to click asap. I've never been higher than 700~ in queue.

Definitely bring friends or organize a meet-up if you can. Best advice.