Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I'd find a real gym with people who actually want to workout and don't cry like phaggots about people making noise.

---------- Post added 2012-12-02 at 06:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    If you're just breathing loudly then I agree with everyone else: get a new gym. However, if you're actually making sounds with your vocal cords, stop that shit. It doesn't help and you're expending unnecessary energy on something unrelated to lifting.
    Lettuce be cereal. The heaviest thing you lift is a hot pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravock View Post
    I'd find a real gym with people who actually want to workout and don't cry like phaggots about people making noise.

---------- Post added 2012-12-02 at 06:55 PM ----------

Lettuce be cereal. The heaviest thing you lift is a hot pocket.
    Any insult that starts with the words "lettuce be cereal" has failed miserably.

If you need to make a ton of noise to push yourself, you're not a real man. I bet the people saying "scream like you're being raped" shriek like banshees when they bang their shin on a table.

Screw people in the gym if they get upset at you making noise when you're banging out a final rep or two. It is a gym. You should be there to push yourself whether that be squatting for max weight or racing away on the bikes. I'm sure there is some kind of scientific reason as to why grunting or other noises help. Just look up youtube videos of Olympic weightlifters, Ronnie Coleman/Jay Cutler, and even martial artists. They all make noises when pushing themselves. It could only be a mental thing but who cares. If as long as it helps you get the most from your workout.

10+ Year Old Account
    as others have said, its a gym, your there to get jacked. fuck all the losers who go there to jog on treadmills or whatever. that being said, it sounds like you dont go to a very serious gym either. try to find a better gym with people who actually take it seriously. i used to work out at a ymca until i got sick of being told off by the skinny idiots who work there. the gym i went to after was much better and it was great to meet other serious weightlifters and learn new things to add to my program

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't make any noise when I'm deadlifting 600 pounds or doing drop sets to failure, 99% of the time people only make noise for attention. If someone can lift more weight than you and not make noise then you yourself shouldn't make noise. There is nothing wrong with making noise as long as it isn't deliberate, plus when you make noise you look like a total moron.
    Last edited by Abominator; 2012-12-03 at 07:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    people love to bitch about EEVVERRYYTHIIINGGG. Whether the OP is making noise on purpose or not, who gives a shit. Ignore and move on.

My problem is with the people who go to the gym and throw equipment on the floor and break stuff. A little bit of noise, you people need to grow up, or put on head phones. Who goes to the gym without headphones? INB4 I want to talk to my friends. If you are at the gym talking to your friends, you are doing it wrong.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Who the fuck cares either way? Noise is irrelevant, but whining about a gym having rules you don't like is pretty whiny too. Pick a gym with rules you like.

Noise doesn't equal intensity. In my experience the people who makes a lot of noise are people who want to draw attention to how much they are currently lifting and it's just sad.

Making noise to some degree will happen but if you are making noises loud enough to bother the rest of the clientele you are doing it wrong. Your ability to lift heavy is in no way connected to the amount of noise you make. People making loud noises in the gym are very much after attention or they are just taking it all to seriously.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 03:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    people love to bitch about EEVVERRYYTHIIINGGG. Whether the OP is making noise on purpose or not, who gives a shit. Ignore and move on.

My problem is with the people who go to the gym and throw equipment on the floor and break stuff. A little bit of noise, you people need to grow up, or put on head phones. Who goes to the gym without headphones? INB4 I want to talk to my friends. If you are at the gym talking to your friends, you are doing it wrong.
    You are pro making loud noises just to bring attention to yourself but against friends? Well that's a point of view I guess.

Some people lift that way. So long as you aren't overdoing it like crazy then I don't see a problem.