Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Uhh... you fought Onyxia in the SW keep?

Why would it matter? Having played in vanilla doesn't make you better and I don't consider it anything to brag about.

However, to answer your question in a complicated way, I got the Tabard of the Argent Dawn achievement the day WotlK came because I still had the tabard from 1.11 invasion event, I may be wrong but I believe the second invasion started a few days later (to be honest I was a bit pissed that they recycled it) so you can compare dates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    knowledge of what a "ret bomb" was and why 2 broken daggers later doom lord kazzak was in for a surprise
    I think you mean "reck bomb"

A lot of the stuff people say you could only get in vanilla, could be gotten up to Wrath, after that, it's been removed or depending on the item, still available.

Anyways, my first toon: http://www.warcraftrealms.com/charsheet/13608258 Yea, wasn't good with the name, still have a horrible time with alts and whatnot.

Also http://www.warcraftrealms.com/charsheet/41128121 The same character as above, I transferred him early BC era to a friends server. I haven't touched him past 80 though.
    Last edited by Fabled; 2012-11-26 at 07:54 PM.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    A lot of the stuff people say you could only get in vanilla, could be gotten up to Wrath, after that, it's been removed or depending on the item, still available.

Anyways, my first toon: http://www.warcraftrealms.com/charsheet/13608258 Yea, wasn't good with the name, still have a horrible time with alts and whatnot.
    yeah warcraftrealms is probably the best proof after all
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    Uhh... you fought Onyxia in the SW keep?
    I loved that event. I used to follow Bolvar whenever I saw the event starting.

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/charsheet/4990391
    Last edited by romara; 2012-11-26 at 07:28 PM.

Argent Tabard, the original one. From the original Naxx opening event. Also the original epic mounts that got removed back in vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Plain striding for taurens. If you remember that you played during vanilla.
    It was called Plainsrunning, and if you remember it you played in Alpha/Beta. Plainsrunning was removed before launch.

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/charsheet/35365701

I havent played him in so long =( RIP Hasan and your ZG Fist Weapon Set w/ Tiger Proc.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty safe way would also be to link one of these: Blood of Heroes (most people had no idea what they were for and spawned a brutal elite mob if they picked them up so they avoided them) , Consecrated Sharpening Stones (from the original Naxx launch) or Skull of Impending Doom (if you know, you know, if you don't, you didn't play in Vanilla).

Really though, old PvP titles are the best way. If you've even got Private or Scout it means you were at least around for part of Vanilla.

Also, the PvP ranks were messed up for a lot of people, I was a Commander and got lowered to Knight-Captain. Slot machine system ftw!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oogzy View Post
    Achievements from only playing Vanilla, such as PvP titles. I only got Sergeant because right before they removed the PvP titles, I lost Stone Guard :[
    You're not a vanilla player. We didn't have any achievements in Vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've played since Vanilla, but my original account got banned way back in BC. I don't really care if people don't think I played back then, I still have the fond memories and that's all I care about.

---------- Post added 2012-11-26 at 01:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    You're a tard, they added Feats of Strength for having the old PvP titles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Mshaylle View Post
    Scout title and I still have my Aqual Quintessence
    Second the Aqual Quintessence! That was a strugle to get back in the days!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    I think you misunderstood what he meant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Why does it even matter? Who cares? Your skill now is what matters.
    Your skill is what is important, but the amount of time you spend mastering something isn't something to take for granted either. Proof you've been doing anything for any large amount of time is a brilliant addition to any application.

---------- Post added 2012-11-26 at 09:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I think it's a pretty big reach to extrapolate from one silly, unnecessary keybind to "worst player ever."

And besides, there's no reason to pick on someone because of how they played eight years ago. The game was new, and you're looking at it through the lens of almost a decade of experience with the game. Whether we want to admit it or not, many of us were not very good then and probably all of us -- even the better classic players -- had laughable skills then compared to what we have now.

This was removed in beta and never went live.
    All of this is true. I look back at videos and think back to how I healed during Vanilla/Tbc/Wrath and it's laughable. And yup to the plainstriding too! O.o

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Botaddict View Post
    Feat of strength with old pvp titles = instant proof.

The higher the rank the more proof that person played vanilla longer.
    Unless you didn't care to grind PVP titles. I think my rogue I played back then is a Master Sergeant? I dunno - I didn't do the Grand Marshal grind like a lot of my friends did, I just raided.

Like most have said, it doesn't matter. I have the physical box with the receipt in it still, lol. But I don't have the account from vanilla, or any of the titles. With that said I would not be willing to put any effort at all into proving to some anon on the internet that I played vanilla. I don't care if they believe me or not, its meaningless.

Also, vanilla titles aren't proof of anything. They just prove that you have an account that was played in vanilla. It doesn't mean you played vanilla. Account trading back in vanilla/bc was rampant, when accounts were worth a ton and there was no battle.net logins.
    Last edited by Zoneseek; 2012-11-26 at 10:00 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Banders View Post
    Hey all

Just been trying to think about what items/gear/anything else you could have that could prove you were a vanilla player

I've been wracking(sp?) my brain to try and think of things that were only around in vanilla that weren't available once other expansions came along....Achieve's didn't come in until BC...Scarab Lord could be gotten in BC...Naxx gear...not to mention the BMAH

Only things that jumped out were the pre-BC event gear and the original epic mounts....(and that one legendary that accidentally dropped in MC)....What other things could you have which could be from vanilla WoW and only from vanilla WoW?
    Anything from Zul'Gurub comes to mind.

Only one person ever got the legendary necklace from MC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Well an account that have been made and is from back then might also prove it.